• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure, I mean this shit is iconic

tumblr_myulqp8MPg1r93xiko1_500.gif

Just fix the spawns but let me live those moments.

look at that hitbox yeesh

For sure, I mean this shit is iconic

tumblr_myulqp8MPg1r93xiko1_500.gif

Just fix the spawns but let me live those moments.

I get more kills with the AT-AT powerups on Sullust/Endor (tier 3 is funny as hell) so I really don't get why they remove the iconic one.

Some guy (several pages back) doubted that tier 3 Hoth had interceptors, seems like the notes confirmed it and that they were subsequently removed. Just goes to show how hard they gimped Imperials in tier 3 on Hoth.

Game is literally dead atm in europe.
I could not find any players in the queue for walker assault and supermacy.. :F

can we please have more content for these premium price online only games..

edit: nvm... might have been a bug.. restart helped...

jeemer

It is not as simple as "they get shot and release". You need to shoot them for a bit, and if they keep removing Empire Interceptors in the final phase, how the heck do you shoot them?

Have you been in an airspeeder and tried to take down an AT-AT lately? Most times I try it now I have my jammer on and still lose the cable attempt due to normal blaster fire. I've also managed to get multiple airspeeders to release, using normal blaster fire. It really is as simple as they get shot and release.

Jinjo

Forgot how complicated flight is in this game :p

Especially the speeder, which has no roll. Pull speed all the way down and turn right.

Dude, are there even brakes on the x-wings, tie-fighters etc. I just kamikaze those things on the first mountain enemy I see when I get one. Just got the game sunday and didn't bother with tutorial. Not having my flight sticks inverted might have something to do with it though.

Anyway this game is fun as fuck.

Kosma

Banned
Invert the flight sticks and keep practicing, this is the first BFish game that I am actually able to fly, and I've been trying since BF2.

Waldini

I might be the only one but ...

After having played Battlefront on Hoth ... the movie battle actually feels empty. Sure, you have more AT-AT's attacking but there's just so much more going on in the game that it makes the movie feel ... dare I say it; boring?

Same goes for a New Hope. You have the Rebels vs Death-Star ... and you have like, what? 10 aircraft attacking that thing?

I'm enjoying Battlefront a shitload. Did not expect that at all. I do wonder when the first DLC is going to arrive. The lack of content will kill this game fast if EA/DICE dont do something about it.

B-Dex

I'm betting each pack will be each quarter next year. They will use movie hype and Jakku being free to pad out till spring.

After having played Battlefront on Hoth ... the movie battle actually feels empty. Sure, you have more AT-AT's attacking but there's just so much more going on in the game that it makes the movie feel ... dare I say it; boring?

Same goes for a New Hope. You have the Rebels vs Death-Star ... and you have like, what? 10 aircraft attacking that thing?

I'm enjoying Battlefront a shitload. Did not expect that at all. I do wonder when the first DLC is going to arrive. The lack of content will kill this game fast if EA/DICE dont do something about it.

As far as the action goes, yes, I agree. I mean, the original battle in Empire is much more interesting because of the narrative weight behind it, but obviously it's not going to match the raw thrill or excitement of an explosive, action-packed online shooter in 2015.

Kosma

Banned

Nah man I rewatched the movie last week and was like, THIS IS IT?

deoee

Is Jakku out for everyone?

And I'm just thinking what will happen when the first DLC drops...
Why would a company ever ever seperate the userbase with paid maps...?
This is just sooo sooooooo stupid

Ozorov

I wonder how they will do with a death star in the DLCs. Since I can't imagine having the 20vs20-modes inside the death star :D. Maybe they will split up the expansion like all the small modes + squadron in/outside the death star and the big ones on a planet.

Waldini

Nah man I rewatched the movie last week and was like, THIS IS IT?

This. I was like ... wait a minute! This was way more impressive before I played Battlefront!

I always wanted to have Special Editions that made the battles bigger. More Rebels vs Death-Star. More Empire (AT-AT) on Hoth ... O well, I guess I should accept the BS changes.

Fonds

This. I was like ... wait a minute! This was way more impressive before I played Battlefront!

I always wanted to have Special Editions that made the battles bigger. More Rebels vs Death-Star. More Empire (AT-AT) on Hoth ... O well, I guess I should accept the BS changes.

Well the prequels had all the bells and whistles you could want, that sure didn't make it more memorable though.

Because there is less eye candy to go on the original movies lean on story and set pieces a lot more. Which in making good movies, is a lot better at standing the test of time.

ramyeon

So this game doesn't seem to be very beginner friendly. Need to rank up and get credits to get better equipment and load outs but to do that I need to be able to score well on online. Feel like it takes other players a couple of hits to kill me while I whittle away at their health. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong I don't know.

Hero vs Villain matches are pretty fun and it looks amazing so I'm sticking with it for the time being.

NakedJedi

Banned
The fact that a player in the Millennium Falcon can still put its shield up and just ram Slave 1 and come away unscathed still infuriates me.

That pisses me off big time as well. Happened a few times last night. But a new trend is if people are playing rebels. If they can't kill you. They just crash into you. It's pretty fucked up

Fonds

So this game doesn't seem to be very beginner friendly. Need to rank up and get credits to get better equipment and load outs but to do that I need to be able to score well on online. Feel like it takes other players a couple of hits to kill me while I whittle away at their health. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong I don't know.

Hero vs Villain matches are pretty fun and it looks amazing so I'm sticking with it for the time being.

Heroes vs Villains is actually one of slowest ways to lvl up.
You get fewer points towards your rank since you need to be sort of lucky to become the hero. Otherwise you'll just get killed.

In Supremacy or Turning point you get a lot of points for capturing and the odds are you'll kill more enemies.

Besides those points, yes it is a game thats hard to get into as a beginner. High ranked players definitely have the upper hand over beginners with all the star cards to choose from.

eFKac

Finally got the game.

First game since the beta - K/D 36/9, glad to see that the skill level is not much higher than in the beta and I'm getting my ass kicked :p

Would love to team up with people and get some teamplay going! Please add me on PSN: Filip_Kackiewicz

That fucking thread about Battlefront being for 8 year olds. The title is Kotaku levels of click bait and misleading. The OP is such a hater.

It's typical of gaming side. See every Destiny thread there.

Hopefully the smaller maps and modes open up for Jakku on PC. Community is so small...

That fucking thread about Battlefront being for 8 year olds. The title is Kotaku levels of click bait and misleading. The OP is such a hater.

Gaming side in a nutshell.

Happens with every game ever.

This is why HaloGAF pretty much decides to stay in their own OT, and with good cause.

Toa TAK

Banned

I just saw that. Even if it was, I don't see the issue with it. The game is still strangely addicting and fun.

And I'm just waiting for Jakku to hurry up and be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom