• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont use the jetpack or explosive shot, mostly ion for destroying turrets is all. But the point i was trying to make is i can go right now with all starter gear and be positive KDR(mostly lol), and i bet a lot of other people could do the same. I think getting comfortable with the maps and the general flow of the the modes is much more important. I also only play large game modes so that may not be as true for the smaller ones.

Also some advice for people that want to level up and are feeling out geared try fighter squadron! equal footing for all and very fast matches for easy profit.

That's definitely not true unless you sit on the Rebels side.

It's been that way since the map was released last week. I'm still going to attribute it to people not installing the Jakku map update. Does EA/DICE normally not roll DLC into title updates? Kind of worried about the player pool once more DLC arrives.
No, which is stupid for free content.

bargeparty

Fuck this game. Fuck the imbalance. Fuck the dl-44. Fuck thr homing shot. Fuck the auto-aim always picking the wrong person. Fuck all of it.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Played with the new maps for a few hours. Absolutely love Goazan Badlands for Cargo. It's very intense.

Turning Point is cool. Probably my favorite of the "Big Three" right now. I'm a Rebel at heart, but it was great fun taking an AT-ST into the thick of things when enemy Rebels scrambled to take the final control point. I was wiped out in less than a minute, but I took no fewer than 20 of them with me.

10 Kills in Fighter Squadron is as annoying, not unlike the pretty much exact achievement in Air Supremacy for Battlefield, they just ripped it right out with no shame. They also should have added kills when a player you damaged crashes into the ground. The matches are short as hell too, they should increase the point total, I'm lucky if I get 5 kills right now.

I only got it as the falcon.

Very first go in Slave I and I got the achievement. Was pretty easy as I just stayed in the middle where everyone congregated, took a lot of shots, but had 12 kills before I died.

Did anyone have server issues last night on Xbox One? I kept getting lag and warnings about the connection.

I had forgotten I was downloading something, but stopped it after a little while and it persisted.

MilkyJoe

why dont they make a game mode for walker assault and the other objective based types and lock the weapons to basic blasters and cards for each team? Call it cinema mode or something. The people who just want to play the objectives and use teamwork pretending its empire strikes back would use that mode, and others that want to launch homing shots from across the map can play the other mode.

I realized that i had the most fun playing the game when i first started, before the jumppacks and pulse rifles. Everyone else was using the same basic gear and the matches played out completely different. It was a more balanced game to me.

Exactamondo, fay one Walker Assault on Endor was the greatest. A week later that experience is gone forever.

Thus needs to happen!

Dr Prob

Banned
I have a pretty big gripe about the UI: the graphics that pop up for kills and pickups, etc are REALLY, REALLY in your face and distracting. I don't know how many times I've been in a big firefight and done something only to have a massive pop-up on my screen directly in front of another dude I was trying to kill. DICE, get that shit to the top or side, please.

Seems fine to me. It's conveying information vital to you in the moment. If anything it should be more pronounced:

WyOZ2VY.jpg

deoee

Last night I had a dream...

They patched Battlefront today and it removed the DL-44 to "investigate the issue"

It was the best game I ever played :')

Last night I had a dream...

They patched Battlefront today and it removed the DL-44 to "investigate the issue"

It was the best game I ever played :')

Nah. Removing Homing Shot and Contact Nades would make it better IMO.

Dont really have issues with the DL-44

Palpable

Does anyone have this on PC? I'd like to get an audio rip of the Super Star Destroyer sound effect when it takes off on Sullust during the middle of tier 2 on Walker Assault. That thing is so badass and the sound effects are awesome.

Ruze789

Did anyone have server issues last night on Xbox One? I kept getting lag and warnings about the connection.

I had forgotten I was downloading something, but stopped it after a little while and it persisted.

I've had this problem since last week's patch, I have no connection problems with anything but Battlefront.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Interesting statistics:

1209ixx1449660533146.jpg

Not suprised about Boba Fett, but less than 1% take-downs with a cable? That's not much...

I have a pretty big gripe about the UI: the graphics that pop up for kills and pickups, etc are REALLY, REALLY in your face and distracting. I don't know how many times I've been in a big firefight and done something only to have a massive pop-up on my screen directly in front of another dude I was trying to kill. DICE, get that shit to the top or side, please.

Interestingly enough, those popups were at the top during the beta. I have no clue why they moved it down, to be honest.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It is on X1.

What do you mean? You do not have to select the "enable Jakku" at the top to show them in the rotation or take them away?

That seems... odd, since it is like that on every other platform.

Interesting statistics:

1209ixx1449660533146.jpg

Not suprised about Boba Fett, but less than 1% take-downs with a cable? That's not much...

Why don't they give us Rebels vs. Imperial WA win/loss stats? And that A-Wing effect in Fighter Squadron, lol.

At least the Hero ships appear more balanced.

Been playing a lot of Walker Assault the past few days and kept score on wins and losses for empire and rebels.
In about 30 games played, the empire won a total of 2 matches. In some matches the imperials were destroying the rebellion, but still lost because of speeders taking the walkers down. It's still my favorite "big" mode, but this is getting ridiculous. If you play as rebel in Walker Assault or Fighter Squadron, you're almost guaranteed a win.

Jinjo

Kinda teliing they don't give the minutes played for the second most played Hero. Everyone obviously picks Boba Fett if it's an option. That's a lot of fucking minutes of Boba Fett play.

kendrid

Banned
Didn't realize Jakku was available to everyone yet, downloading now.

How is it?

Usually it is lopsided toward the imperials but last night I was with a group where neither side could win. Everyone played the objective and held their ground. It was...fun.

Lacix

26.1 million to 768million

Imperials should have the Tie Advanced x1 (or Tie Defender). (rebels coudl have the B-wing)

I am sure they've planed this in advance and those fighters are coming with DLCs but will be only useable on DLC maps. This would be not cool.

Roussow

So I just installed Battle of Jakku, although it's telling me I don't own it, or I don't have access -- am I missing something?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Dune Sea Exchange is so damn good for Palpatine in Heroes versus Villains. You can linger behind ample cover and zap away, and the map is small enough that you'll still help your team take care of Luke, Han, and Leia, because the former two will inevitably rush past you and the latter will make for easy pickings at the end of the match.

I just went 16-0 and I suck.

So I just installed Battle of Jakku, although it's telling me I don't own it, or I don't have access -- am I missing something?

Above the game modes menu there are two tabs that say "main game" and "+Jakku" or something like that. Make sure you have the +jakku one selected.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm either over being a graphics whore or my setup is just too small to tell what's what. I had been playing the 900p MGSV after 1080p RotTR and it looked fine, and now I've watched youtube videos of 720p Battlefront and it also looks fine. I'm sitting like 6 feet away from a 24" monitor so I guess that's it?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'm either over being a graphics whore or my setup is just too small to tell what's what. I had been playing the 900p MGSV after 1080p RotTR and it looked fine, and now I've watched youtube videos of 720p Battlefront and it also looks fine. I'm sitting like 6 feet away from a 24" monitor so I guess that's it?

Maybe you're just a cool person who's easier to please and is all-around neat because you care more about how a game plays, feels, what kind of story it tells.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Maybe you're just a cool person who's easier to please and is all-around neat because you care more about how a game plays, feels, what kind of story it tells.
Well there is that. ;)

I think PC did it to me. Jumping around between state of the art stuff, 20 year old adventure games, indie games, etc. I guess something sank in about what I'm really in it for. New games like this look RIDICULOUSLY NICE to me, anyway. Dozens/hundreds of artists investing into one thing generally comes out pretty awesome.

b0bbyJ03

are there any PS4 star wars themes in the store? Every time I go to the Battlefront page I see "themes" listed on it it shows 5 of them until I scroll down and select it. Then it changes to 0.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

I played the beta on all three platforms, rented the game on PS4, but purchased the game for X1 during the Microsoft Store sale.

Honestly, the 720p doesn't bother me at all. Once the action starts I'm too focused on the objective to nitpick anything.
Same for Battlefield hardline which I believe is 720p. If a game is fun, and plays great, I can deal with any shortcomings.

Boogdud

That x-wing vs tie unbalanced result should make Dice think about what is wrong with it.

Hint: A-fucking-wing

What's really funny is, x-wing vs tie fighter is actually not all that unbalanced. I can't even imagine what the ratio is for the a-wing.

Naudi

Banned
That's definitely not true unless you sit on the Rebels side.

Yeah the A wing is better, no denying that. But even as empire you can still score plenty of points. Either side you're on you can get easy points in a match that only takes like 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom