• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really tired of this shit now, there is no issues with my connection yet I have to put up with shit like this at times.

This is my current connection, other games work perfectly with no issues online yet Battlefront randomly has these issues where it just becomes unplayable.

What the hell is going on?!

I had to deal with that last night and it was pretty annoying. The thing is that I have 20-up & 50-down through wireless on the PSN. I had to restart the PS4 in order to get rid of it. It was kind of obnoxious, to be honest.

Also, am I alone in thinking that Supremacy is the best game mode? I can't seem to pull myself away from it. It's a nice mix of Rush & Conquest from Battlefield. As for the Jakku thing, they should offer it as a separate playlist for the first weeks following its release, but they should also have it mixed in to the general playlist - especially because it was free. Battlefield 4 did a decent job of doing this with their DLC.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Can you find that quote? :D

And yes as its worded now I also think its 8

I will have to dig it up. It was in an interview I believe that was pretty recent around launch.

EDIT: I think I found it, but I could have sworn it was a different one I read that got a hair more specific.

GC: Looking through the list of aliens you can play as I just realised there’s no Wookies. Is that the sort of thing that will be DLC, rather than playing as Daisy Ridley or something?

SI: Without specifically referring to the Wookie I think what we’ve built… we’ve built quite a lot, but the list of things…

GC: Because you’ve got Duros in there, and I can’t say I’ve ever imagined being one of those. But being a Wookie in a game would be cool.

SI: [laughs] And I agree! But I also think that the list of things that you want from Star Wars is infinite, but we hope to continue to bring in core fantasies and core experiences.

GC: Does that include tauntauns? That’s the one omission I really miss.

SI: So many things…

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/17/star-...one-that-saved-jar-jar-5506679/#ixzz3trPBFZwz

Yeah, it just seems like "okay, it has to be a separate list for one week but then we need to roll it into the entire playlist a week later" would have been a consideration.

I completely agree. Maybe it has to be done in a patch that is not ready to make it mandatory. *fingers crossed*

Really tired of this shit now, there is no issues with my connection yet I have to put up with shit like this at times.

This is my current connection, other games work perfectly with no issues online yet Battlefront randomly has these issues where it just becomes unplayable.

What the hell is going on?!

That happened to me the other night when I was playing late in the evening. Was all over the place lagging, and even hitting Square to pick up the cargo would cause my guy to shoot sporadically the whole session with a certain group.

My connection is very good, 50/10 and latency is very good with 10-13ms average on local speed tests. But it was only that one time the other day, and since then has been fine.

This game is really addictive and fun.

Walker Assault on Jakku is awesome and the new mode is coolio.

Agreed. I really dig the feel of the small Jakku map as well.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I haven't played the small Jakku map yet. Drop Zone is my preferred small mode, is it active on PS4?

I was playing it like crazy in Cargo, did not try other modes. I had a great time with it. Well designed, and very nice graphically. Seeing the SSD go down and the TP battle way further in the background is pretty cool as well.

Tubie

My favorite modes so far (rank 27, 19 hours played) have been Blast, Heroes vs Villains and Drop Zone (in that order). The game just feels way more balanced on smaller modes.

Which is weird since I was mainly a Conquest Large player in BF4.

Oare

I really wanted to pick the season pass, but fuck it, there simply aren't enough players on PC in my region (Asia).
Granted, it's a week day, but last night around 1:30 am (Japan time), all I could play was Blast, with Jakku off. Not a single match going on in any other mode, with or without Jakku.
And it's always the same pool of players, every single day (aside from weekends, but even then, it's always the same top players).

I haven't been able to play a single Walker Assault or Droid Run match since the game was released. Nobody seems to give a shit about anything but Blast.

I tried again a couple of minutes ago (7 am), and there's literally nobody. Not a single player in any of the lobbies.
A pity, really. At this rate, I guess the game will be completely dead on PC here in half a year, maybe even sooner than that.

Favorite Modes (so far):
1. Turning Point
2. Fighter Squadron
3. Supremacy
4. Heroes vs. Villains
5. Walker Assault
6. Drop Zone

Modes I Hate (so far):
1. Hero Hunt

OmegaFax

$39 at gamestop, is this worth getting ladies/gents?

Yes. It's so much fun. I've put so much time into it in the last three weeks. Nice mix of casual shooter and Star Wars nostalgia. Have to say it's one of my favorites this holiday despite the flaws mentioned here and elsewhere.

$39 at gamestop, is this worth getting ladies/gents?

On consoles, sure. The population should last a while, especially on PS4. Game still has some balance issues, which are pronounced in certain modes. But at its core it is still a very fun Star Wars experience.

On PC? It's degrading fast. At this rate the PC version might be completely dead before the second expansion drops. So probably not.

Ambitious

CV0kov9U4AAlgfe.png:large

Wow, I never saw a Walker going down that fast before. The second one didn't make it much farther either.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Last three blast games, I was first. Easily.

We reach in one of those games the 100 kill mark with 1 second left.....

This game just doesn't want my to give the Blast trophy...

Klyka

Banned
CV0kov9U4AAlgfe.png:large

Wow, I never saw a Walker going down that fast before. The second one didn't make it much farther either.

If everyone has Ion Torpedoes and focuses on the walker with their guns, those things go DOWN.

OR if someone saves up an orbital strike and puts it on the walker which takes off like 30% of it's health right there.

Violater

Yes. It's so much fun. I've put so much time into it in the last three weeks. Nice mix of casual shooter and Star Wars nostalgia. Have to say it's one of my favorites this holiday despite the flaws mentioned here and elsewhere.

On consoles, sure. The population should last a while, especially on PS4. Game still has some balance issues, which are pronounced in certain modes. But at its core it is still a very fun Star Wars experience.

On PC? It's degrading fast. At this rate the PC version might be completely dead before the second expansion drops. So probably not.
PS4
Yikes sorry to hear about the PC player base

Awesome, $40 is my impule price point.
Thanks all.

PS4
Yikes sorry to hear about the PC player base

Awesome, $40 is my impulse price point.
Thanks all.

PC players have way more options when it comes to MP games, especially shooters. And when you take core things that people expect like the server browser, a lot of people won't even give the game the time of day. Which is too bad because the game is a lot of fun, despite a few nagging balance issues and its small pool of maps.

Should be good fun on PS4 though, enjoy it!

Kingsora

Thank god, I finally got the bugged Blast trophy!!!

Afetr being the first one of the server literally seven times in a row, enough people left the server so the timer couldn't reach 100.

Hurray!!

Kingsora

Lol welp

I honestly wonder if it wouldn't be better for DICE to remove the stats, at least for deaths, from the end game tables.

No they will never do that.

While a lot of the more serious players who really wants to play objectives would see it rather removed. Removing it however would cause a shitstorm of negative reactions.

Honestly, I also like to see my K/D stats always, doesn't mean I don't want to play the objectives.

Kingsora

The nerf on the Cycler Rifle is just ridiculous. It was a really fun weapon in the beta, but it's now only a one hit kill when you make a headshot, but from that distance and the fact the bullet is about a second underway, making kills with it is almost impossible.

Just played a whole game with it, only 3 kills with it and only 1 headshot (that Cycler trophy is going to be a pain in the ass). But litteraly dozens of hits where the opponent only had 10 or 20% of his life left.

MGrant

No one ever expects Imperials to run Ion Shot. So many rebels with shields run in Rambo-style, ready to take some shit down, and I'm just like lol no, bye.

kendrid

Banned
No they will never do that.

While a lot of the more serious players who really wants to play objectives would see it rather removed. Removing it however would cause a shitstorm of negative reactions.

Honestly, I also like to see my K/D stats always, doesn't mean I don't want to play the objectives.

Like the older games they could remove it (and kills) during the match and only display them at the end.

tanuki

I had a brilliant session last night, after sucking for weeks. I don't know how much of it is finally getting to the point where I can use useful cards (Explosive shot and the scout trait) or finally getting to grips with the ebb and flow of the game, but yeah, it felt good! Still loving this game.

Pastry

Banned
Balance in this game is so fucked. On Turning Point the Rebels just get he snow speeder and strafe the Empire spawn point racking up kills.

DOWN

Banned
I'm in love and I caved and bought the season pass when the discount codes were going for PSN because full price is a no no but damn this game will be so spectacular with all those maps. Messing a bit with PS4 screens is giving me life

23536583832_6b8dd7d60e_o.png

23615150596_1a66b0867a_o.png

Sayers

Am I at any particular disadvantage sticking with the default rifles? I tried some of the others but I'm just not feeling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom