• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned
its interesting that this is even an issue. in the beta thread there were plenty of people completely assured that this game would sell a kajillion copies and have a thriving player base for a very very long time.

re: patch notes .. i'm not a fan of removing auto-lock on boba fetts missile .. *shakes fist*

I can't get into any matches. Just goes to me starting in an empty server. PC.

Hope the playerbase picks up after the 18th.
It's a bummer (on the One). This has been my go-to multiplayer. Maybe the DLC, movie, and Christmas sales will bring peeps back. But yeah, lack of content is killing it. Maybe by the sequel they'll fix it.

MDave

I noticed that some weapons lasers travel faster then others. The Blaster Rifles in particular are quite speedy, I don't have to lead as much compared to say, the T21 or the blaster pistols. Anyone else noticed this? Or its just me. Is that part of the 'range' stat of these weapons?

Ferr986

If you can not find games it's a bug.
I just looked for droid run on pc and got a game in an instant :D

Atleast on PS4 it is indeed a bug I would say. It happened to me a couple of times that I couldn't find any game at all. Restarting the game fixes it and I can find full games in all modes.

DOWN

Banned
Atleast on PS4 it is indeed a bug I would say. It happened to me a couple of times that I couldn't find any game at all. Restarting the game fixes it and I can find full games in all modes.

Yeah, I usually find matches nonstop but when I've suspended the game, some modes are fake dead when I reconnect to EA

Gamezone

Gold Member
Looks like EA/DICE might be looking into offline mode for each multiplayer mode, like the old games had.

star_wars.png

JackFrags just released a BEAUTIFUL HUD-less 60 fps 4k vid of Battlefront using SweetFX.

Looks like EA/DICE might be looking into offline mode for each multiplayer mode, like the old games had.

star_wars.png

Yeah, like how DICE was "looking into" mod support for BF3/4 :-| Take this with a dumptruck of salt, basically.

With what AI? :D

Well, there is obviously AI in the game right now, but I don't know that they actually are designed to play objectives versus just running at the player.

MDave

You're right! http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-charts

The velocity (500 m/s for example) is the speed.

EDIT: Beaten.

Hah! Glad to see what I felt was right! Although I was off with thinking which particular weapons had faster muzzle velocity.

I've been doing extremely well with the A280C (default rebel rifle) in fights with other DL-44 users, both close quarters and medium-long range. Better then when it was DL-44 vs DL-44 fights. The disadvantages of the DL-44 really shows when you take them on at further ranges. My thoughts on DL-44 needing to be nerfed don't exist anymore. If you get caught up close with someone using it, your own fault not looking at the radar or looking around corners with 3rd person view! It's quite similar to shotguns in a way, but of course by default accurate if you only shoot at a moderate rate and have good control of the recoil and cooling. This requires good skill because of its disadvantages, which I don't need to worry about with the A280C for example. So I believe that the DL-44 is a good noob player killer (that can get the drop on other players not paying attention to radar and around corners) for the skillful players that can adjust to all the disadvantages that weapon has. But if your out in the open with barely much cover to protect you? Pretty much useless compared to what you can do with other weapons in that situation.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-compare?A280C_vs_DL-44

Euron

Would people here say the game is worth $40? It's that price at Gamestop right now. I enjoyed the beta and I'm really looking forward to TFA so I'm considering getting it.

Ferr986

Another shit they need to fix. The bullshit about losing your ship when you're flying and the points to attack changes on Turning point. Fucking unfair.

Ambitious

My K/D in this game is all over the place. Sometimes (rarely), I'm in the top 5 with 20+ kills. Other times, I don't even reach 10 kills. And whatever my final score is, I never feel like I've actually earned it.

I'm just running to my death over and over again, like a lemming.

Toa TAK

Banned
Battlfront is such a good looking game. I love turning off the HUD. Though I quickly turn it back on because I'm worthless without it lol

Toa TAK

Banned
Why not? Old games were fun with AI. It wouldn't hurt the multiplayer to add the ability for offline mode play. Would possibly attract even more players if you could play all modes splitscreen offline.

+1

Yup. Aside from Fighter Squadron, I'm surprised they didn't go the route of the previous games where they mixed in AI with players, especially after Titanfall's success.

5taquitos

+1

Yup. Aside from Fighter Squadron, I'm surprised they didn't go the route of the previous games where they mixed in AI with players, especially after Titanfall's success.

I imagine 40 players pushes the consoles as it is, adding a bunch of AI would probably kill the framerate, and 60 FPS feels so good in this game.

Edit: Not saying I wouldn't appreciate the feature if it was possible though

star_wars.png

I think the chance for that is about 0%. Adding that many npcs with AI will cost considerable CPU resources, which are likely not easily available on consoles. I'm pretty sure they wanted to do something like this from the beginning, but the relatively weak console CPUs made it difficult, so they decided against it. Now that the game is finished and is already using all those resources, adding this feature will probably be impossible. The CPU situation might also be the reason why the solo PvE modes have waves of enemies, so only a limited amount of NPCs is on screen at a given time.

Of course adding this feature to the PC version would be easily possible, but I doubt that they want feature imparity across the different versions. It's also questionable that they even have enough developers to implement such a major feature, I assume they have already started work on Battlefront 2 and the DLC. Additionally the PC version might have not sold that well, so even more reason for them to skip this feature. Although looking at the online player count on PC, such a feature would certainly be very welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom