• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BizzyBum

I played 3 walker assault matches and this one dude went like 70-5 in each game.

Aside from my team being ass, how does someone do this? Is he using a hero the entire time, AT-ST, or just really good at flying? No way he's getting those stats being infantry.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I played 3 walker assault matches and this one dude went like 70-5 in each game.

Aside from my team being ass, how does someone do this? Is he using a hero the entire time, AT-ST, or just really good at flying? No way he's getting those stats being infantry.

He`s probably good with Boba Fett.

As someone who regularly gets those kinda scores in supremacy and walker assault, it's definitely possible as just infantry, just need to play defensively. Bounty Hunter trait tends to help out by keeping you well armed without running all over the place to get pickups.

Am I missing something? Supremacy on Hoth seems crazy imbalanced. Every match I've played the Rebels have completely dominated the sky. Speeders are so much better than TIE's at strafe runs. And every time I get a TIE I just get absolutely creamed I'm always the only fighter on my side up against 4 or so Rebel ships. It's pretty insane.

Have I just matched up with some crazy good pilots, or does this always happen?

sagat2036

Any phase that has a-wings expect rebels to dominate. Thats just how it is right now. If your rebels get them kills while you can.

Game will have a different meta when they get fixed.

MDave

Whats a good FOV setting for those that have played a lot and have positive KD/s? And 1st or 3rd person? I use 3rd when I am medium/close quarters but use 1st when doing long range, but then sometimes use 1st anyway when I use a lot of cover at medium/close quarters. I keep messing with the settings but can't seem to get comfortable with shooting someone 1 on 1, I almost always lose the shootout strafing dance every time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Am I missing something? Supremacy on Hoth seems crazy imbalanced. Every match I've played the Rebels have completely dominated the sky. Speeders are so much better than TIE's at strafe runs. And every time I get a TIE I just get absolutely creamed I'm always the only fighter on my side up against 4 or so Rebel ships. It's pretty insane.

Have I just matched up with some crazy good pilots, or does this always happen?

Rebel ships are absurdly overpowered.

jackdoe

Any phase that has a-wings expect rebels to dominate. Thats just how it is right now. If your rebels get them kills while you can.

Game will have a different meta when they get fixed.
As Imperials, ignore the phases where A-Wings spawn, don't even bother going into the air, and once you reach a phase that A-Wings no longer respawn, you need to shoot them all down as quickly as possible.

It's hilarious though. You can accurately predict 90% of the time who's going to win an Endor Walker Assault match or a Fighter Squadron match. That 10% variation is when your team sucks so much at fighter squadron that you go 27-2 and your team still loses.

PrankT

Whats a good FOV setting for those that have played a lot and have positive KD/s? And 1st or 3rd person? I use 3rd when I am medium/close quarters but use 1st when doing long range, but then sometimes use 1st anyway when I use a lot of cover at medium/close quarters. I keep messing with the settings but can't seem to get comfortable with shooting someone 1 on 1, I almost always lose the shootout strafing dance every time.
In general use 3rd person almost the entire time and only go 1st person if your field of vision is blocked by your character.

Palpable

My K/D is around 3.8 and I've only ever played in 3rd person. Utilize that camera shoulder swapping.

moai

My ratio right now is 2 and i find that any kind of score of 50 or more kills requires some kind of vehicle or hero when playing walker assault. In supremacy you could do it just playing infantry since close matches tend to last very long the game just keeps adding time when a team captures a point.

Really hoping that we get an announcement soon about the DLC. Still enjoying the game immensely, but craving for some new environments.
When does DLC typically get announced?

CoLaN

If you have 70 kills and 5 deaths on supremacy by playing as infantry (no hero or vehicles), that just means you are not pushing the objective, and thats not a really good thing for your team.

Arttemis

I just joined the swbf gaf community on ps4. I'd rather play with people who know what the fuck they're doing instead of with moronic randoms who lose walker assault at the end because they don't know how the fuck to shoot airspeeders.

Can I get an invite? Or is there a way to search communities instead of looking at pre-selected groups to Discover or that are Trending?

Can I get an invite? Or is there a way to search communities instead of looking at pre-selected groups to Discover or are Trending?
Search for my PSN (same as GAF) and look at my communities.

This matchmaking bug is getting annoying. Tried to play this morning and couldn't find a single game, I had to quit and restart the game before matchmaking worked again.

At least it's really fast on PS4 to do that.

Arttemis

Search for my PSN (same as GAF) and look at my communities.

This matchmaking bug is getting annoying. Tried to play this morning and couldn't find a single game, I had to quit and restart the game before matchmaking worked again.

At least it's really fast on PS4 to do that.

Thanks, I'm joined!

I hated the beta, took a chance and bought the game anyways, was initially lukewarm for the first couple hours, but now I'm pretty addicted. I still don't understand people saying there's not a whole lot of depth to it.

Most of my time is spent playing Turning Point (ugh I wish there was more than one map) and Droid Run. I tried Walker Assault and Supremacy but was too confused to be of any help. Currently Level 18 but I'm pretty average as a player. I usually find myself in the middle of the pack at the endgame.

Just wish I had more time to play

Ozorov

I hated the beta, took a chance and bought the game anyways, was initially lukewarm for the first couple hours, but now I'm pretty addicted. I still don't understand people saying there's not a whole lot of depth to it.

Most of my time is spent playing Turning Point (ugh I wish there was more than one map) and Droid Run. I tried Walker Assault and Supremacy but was too confused to be of any help. Currently Level 18 but I'm pretty average as a player. I usually find myself in the middle of the pack at the endgame.

Just wish I had more time to play

amen brotha.

The game is $40 on Xbox One with the Gold Deal of The Week. Don't know if I should jump in or not, what with having Black Ops 3 and Halo 5. Only played a few matches in the Beta... decisions, decisions. Still have a week or so to decide.

Just unlocked the smoke grenades last night....why wasnt I using these before?

These are perfect for covering your advance on some of the uplink stations in WA or the control points in Supremacy and Turning Point.

Ive never seen the Rebels win at Turning Point until last night and I have to say that the smoke grenades made the difference.

Laputa_94

I just joined the community my psn ID (even though I hate it) is cooldude44444. I don't play nearly as much as I used too, but I'll probably be on later today.

Playing this game on the Xbox One has been a fucking pain for me to the point I just resort to playing missions. It's weird because this is the only game that does this, as soon as I enter the menus I wait a few minutes for it to connect with the servers and once it does it's just a shit show of me trying to join in games and it telling me that it's establishing optimal server location forever or that the game keeps disconnecting from the EA servers while searching or before even doing so.

Talking with my cousin about it, he told me that FIFA 16(PS4) does the same shit when FIFA 15 and others before it didn't so my question is this, did EA region lock the MP? I don't know why but it seems the servers are unstable as fuck. Over the course of one day I only managed to play 1 online game.

Looking at this, it seems I'm not the only one. I mean not even Garden Warfare had such problems with me which is weird. Looks like I'm going to have to resort to searching for people and joining their session for me to play.

29452_i_minus_comiYv9kte9yEIDy_gif_iYv9kte9yEIDy.gif

Edit: Researching abit more, it seems that opening "EA" ports on the router helped fixed the problem. What a weird ass thing.

Spy

I'm level 40 and I can count the times I've been killed with the homing shot on two hands. The times it does kill me is because I'm too stubborn to stop focusing on killing someone else. Run and jump like a mad man when someone is locking on to you.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Popped this in after taking a week off for Uncharted 4's Beta.

IDK what it is, but something seems off about this game now. Cannot quite point my finger on it, but it seems that it is incredibly hard to be aware of your surroundings. Also Star Cards should be fully recharged when you spawn in after a death (except partner spawn).

Youre not imagining things....the game has felt off to me since the last patch came out.

lawnchair

Banned
I wish you could have some impact on game options, I'd love to turn off grenades.

Most funneled areas just end up being spammed by them and I love a good gunfight instead.

giving people too many options is confusing to certain parts of the gaming community, and apparently DICE really wanted to avoid that .

MADGAME

Haven't played in a week, looking forward to jumping back in. Any word on Blast trophy? It's the last one I need for plat.

Theecliff

Banned
agh, i hate being emporor palpatine in heroes vs villains matches so much. his main lightning is weak as fuck, runs outs extremely quickly and has shit range. he's so useless when up against any of the heroes :mad:

also this is going to sound really stupid, but what does the r1/rb weapon do as a hero/ villain bodyguard? pulled it out several times but haven't figured out what it does despite it looking like a homing launcher

5taquitos

agh, i hate being emporor palpatine in heroes vs villains matches so much. his main lightning is weak as fuck, runs outs extremely quickly and has shit range. he's so useless when up against any of the heroes :mad:

also this is going to sound really stupid, but what does the r1/rb weapon do as a hero/ villain bodyguard? pulled it out several times but haven't figured out what it does despite it looking like a homing launcher

One of them is the standard Homing Launcher and one of them is the standard Smart Rocket.

Theecliff

Banned
One of them is the standard Homing Launcher and one of them is the standard Smart Rocket.
huh. guess i've pulled out the homing launcher several times thinking that it looked like a homing launcher but never locked on to someone so just assumed it was something else.

kendrid

Banned

These are perfect for covering your advance on some of the uplink stations in WA or the control points in Supremacy and Turning Point.

Ive never seen the Rebels win at Turning Point until last night and I have to say that the smoke grenades made the difference.

I am a smoke grenade whore. I constantly smoke every objective. If I am about to die I throw smoke at them to hopefully assist my teammates (of course I am also hurting their visibility). I've had a few times where others start to also use smoke and we were able to take objectives so much easier.

Ledhead

I am a smoke grenade whore. I constantly smoke every objective. If I am about to die I throw smoke at them to hopefully assist my teammates (of course I am also hurting their visibility). I've had a few times where others start to also use smoke and we were able to take objectives so much easier.

Yeah, a lot of these more objective/teamplay oriented cards go unused, but once they started getting spammed can be a god-send

You can't kill anything with smoke grenades, so most people don't use them. I agree though, Smoke is incredibly useful in WA and Turning Point. Works even better combined with personal shield or scan pulse.

I don't find smoke as useful in Supremacy though, as most of the time the control points are either too confined (where explosive spam trumps concealment) or too wide open.

I just cannot make an impact on the larger game modes. Which is in stark contrast to my first night playing Supremacy and doing great.

I think I'm starting to be matched up with tougher opponents now. I was just playing Walker Assault for like an hour and a half and just couldn't really do anything. I can't use the starting pistol, my favorite gun, because the maps are to big. Everything just seems to boil down to huge long range skirmishes. I can damage some enemies, but never fully kill them. Meanwhile I die to turrets, vehicles, heores etc. And it just doesn't seem to go both ways.

Maybe I'm imagining things, but even when my team is winning, we NEVER have any kind air presence, Rebel's or Empire. I'm a fair pilot, and love flying the ships but it's just instant death most of the time. I spawn in as the only fighter on my side, there are several enemy fighters they see a red dot on the other side of the map and just rush me. It's pretty lame.

Also, I get an AT-ST, get trashed immediately, same with a turret, yet I die to turrets constantly. I'm obviously not great at the game, but I feel like i'm missing something important that everyone else seems to know. As a ground soldier I just don't enjoy the across the map stalemate. The average for that hour and a half play session was like 6 and 8 with no impact on the game at all. Super boring. BUT I love playing those matches for the spectacle.

Alternatively, if I play Blast just me, my pistol, and my jetpack. I can do great. Just constantly moving, good head on fights, it's a ton of fun. And I'm always at the top of the leader board. But I miss the large scale battles.

This is a very long winded to post to say how can I get better and have an impact on the game in the large scale modes? Specifically Walker Assault.

This is a very long winded to post to say how can I get better and have an impact on the game in the large scale modes? Specifically Walker Assault.

-Use smoke grenades to cover your advance to uplink stations

-If your air support is getting whooped, use an Ion torpedo and try to take some of the enemy fighters out

-Use fighters to try and take down enemy AT-STs

-Shoot snowspeeders when they are attempting to wrap up the AT-ATs (regular guns will do the job if you are landing hits)

-Use whatever you can to try and shoot down Y-wings on approach, pay attention to where they spawn from each map.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What's really missing from this game is a weapons training mode. Just the ability to infinitely use each weapon to get a feel for them and be given some information on how they work. I've seen so many people go "I just realized ____" about some weapon, and I myself hate it when I get a pickup and don't really know what I'm doing with it or need to use it super effectively quickly because of all the danger around but I don't know how.

Also, spawn points really need to change when they aren't safe anymore. I played a Supremacy game on Hoth where we kept spawning in a big open field that had stormtroopers all around, some up on a ridge intentionally waiting for new spawns, infantry turret drops because they knew we were spawning there, and people in big turrets. Basically you'd just die 3 times in a row until you finally spawn in the cave. That's not right.

BizzyBum

I'm the same way. I see top players go like 50-10 and I have no idea how to do that. I know some just stay back and pad their K/D instead of going for objectives, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom