• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront

citan

Does anyone know if Battlefront is a FPS or a Third Person game? If it's 3rd person, I'm going to drop my reserve and get doom 3.

Thanks in advance.

ManaByte

Gold Member
citan said:
Does anyone know if Battlefront is a FPS or a Third Person game? If it's 3rd person, I'm going to drop my reserve and get doom 3.

Thanks in advance.

FPS. You may be able to switch to third though. When I played it at E3 and Comic Con it was FPS.

epmode

wait, it's between doom 3 and battlefront? and you actually have to think about it?

get doom.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Didnt Doom3 get some bad impressions at E3? Are we just assuming its great because it looks so nice?

pilonv1

ManaByte said:
FPS. You may be able to switch to third though. When I played it at E3 and Comic Con it was FPS.

That's funny because I played a build a few weeks ago that was third person only (PS2). The EA people really didn't know about a first person mode, which worried me considerably. Good to hear you've got the option though.

pilonv1 said:
That's funny because I played a build a few weeks ago that was third person only (PS2). The EA people really didn't know about a first person mode, which worried me considerably. Good to hear you've got the option though.

http://lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/faq.html

Is Star Wars Battlefront playable only from a 3rd person perspective?
You can play in both 3rd and 1st-person perspectives and it is switchable in-game. We foresee situations (piloting vehicles, etc.) where sometimes it will be advantageous to switch perspectives back and forth so it's up to player preference.

pilonv1

I wasn't disputing the fact it had both modes, just the fact that the EA staff had no idea about it since their build didn't support it.

Ghost said:
Didnt Doom3 get some bad impressions at E3? Are we just assuming its great because it looks so nice?

I never read any bad Doom3 impressions. Though I'm not discounting some XBox only sites/forums where the participants let their stunning ignorance shine.

Malakhov

Banned
I don't know, if I had to get either Battlefront or Doom 3, I think I'd go with Battlefront. Battlefront will be a a great multiplayer game that you will be able to enjoy for a while. Doom 3 on the other hand will be better but will be a shorter game. I doubt I'll play much of the 4 players multiplayer mode after I'm done with the single player. It's up to you.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
pilonv1 said:
I wasn't disputing the fact it had both modes, just the fact that the EA staff had no idea about it since their build didn't support it.

no shit EA wouldn't know. they're not even making it!

epmode

Malakhov said:
I don't know, if I had to get either Battlefront or Doom 3, I think I'd go with Battlefront. Battlefront will be a a great multiplayer game that you will be able to enjoy for a while. Doom 3 on the other hand will be better but will be a shorter game. I doubt I'll play much of the 4 players multiplayer mode after I'm done with the single player. It's up to you.
mods, man! mods!

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Ugh. I cant believe Im actually considering buying this game. With Battlefield:Modern Combat delayed to fall 2005, this looks like my only choice for a Battlefield-like game on a console.

stonedwal

EA handles Lucasarts publishing duties in some territories, which is why he would have been directing the question towards them.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Dr.Guru of Peru said:
Ugh. I cant believe Im actually considering buying this game. With Battlefield:Modern Combat delayed to fall 2005, this looks like my only choice for a Battlefield-like game on a console.
both.

golem

the game seems like it could be good, i think i might buy it, if the demo on the starwars dvd is decent.

ManaByte

Gold Member
stonedwal said:
EA handles Lucasarts publishing duties in some territories, which is why he would have been directing the question towards them.

Huh? Where? South Africa? First I've ever heard of that. Activision handles Lucasarts titles in the UK, but I've never heard of EA handling them anywhere else.

stonedwal

ManaByte said:
Huh? Where? South Africa? First I've ever heard of that. Activision handles Lucasarts titles in the UK, but I've never heard of EA handling them anywhere else.

Australia/New Zealand.

Top Bottom