• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

He's already Rank 2 Diamond.

He just totally failed a Blink all-in and let his opponent get back into it, then came back and won convincingly after raining like 10 storms down.

Nothing like being able to able to completely biff all-in cheeses only to still easily stay in the game and subsequently dominate your opponent.

Protoss.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
he beat thorzain. >_>

herp

xXqIcK5.jpg

What moments stood out to you guys from Dreamhack and IEM? The two that did for me were San making one of the strangest army compositions ever (6 Carriers, 4 Tempests, 5 Void Rays, 3 Colossi, 2 Archons, and a bunch of Zealots) and DRG looking like he's gonna defend against a double proxy 10 gate, but accidently cancelling both spine crawlers instead of the one that was about to die.

Looking forward to proleague. So many good teams and good players battling it out.

Can't wait for the announcement of the first match man. Makes me nervous that they haven't said anything but I'll give them until the 7th which is a week into December and after GOM's Hotsix cup.

Prime, MVP, IM, KT, SKT1, Jin Air Green Wings and CJ Entus.

Apparently Woojin is not a team anymore with sOs and Soulkey being the only 2 players. Also Samsung is still in this somehow lol.

Interested in seeing Prime's new Protoss GooJila from BW with Creator being the other Protoss.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Gomtv changes
http://www.gomtv.net/forum/view.gom?topicid=302659&cid=0&kind=8

New site: http://www.gomexp.com/en/
Streaming on twitch only now for english.
Closing of the GOMTV.net ticket store / New YouTube Channel.

Sadly, we will no longer be streaming on our old website, www.GOMTV.net, but we will soon be opening our GOM eXP YouTube channel where you can watch the 2010, 2011, 2012 seasons of Starcraft 2. This will be coming in the near future.

As someone who has issues with twitch vods lately loading very slowly or europeans having trouble with twitch streaming...that kinda sucks they are getting rid of their internal vods/stream :/

Corran Horn

I also hope their new site organizes vods because going through twitch vods is spoilerific lol. Also can mobile devices like ipad watch twitch vods yet? I know m.gomtv.net could...

Good news is that their old VODs from 2010 and up are going on Youtube.

Can finally watch MKP vs Nestea finals. Sad that it was the closest MKP came to winning a GSL with the other time MVP killing him 4-1 or something.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MKP Nestea best finals.

Forever and ever.

He's already Rank 2 Diamond.

He just totally failed a Blink all-in and let his opponent get back into it, then came back and won convincingly after raining like 10 storms down.

Nothing like being able to able to completely biff all-in cheeses only to still easily stay in the game and subsequently dominate your opponent.

Protoss.

He's a pro player in diamond.

Edit: Strange complaint to level against a protoss too. If anything zerg is the main race that you see transition out of cheeses often into more cheeses, mainly in ZvT. Protoss cheeses are hard to scout and are varied which makes them powerful but transitioning out of them is very difficult.

MKP Nestea best finals.

Forever and ever.

Still incredible that MKP managed to lose that last game, what a throw.

Syf

Banned
I feel like there's a bonjwa waiting right now but this stuff is getting in the way. I think Maru is the next Terran master. He reminds me of Flash when he first rose up. Maru has the skills, just needs to grow. His matches lately have been insane.

Zen

Banned
So apparently a 'friend' whom I thought I could trust has been on my account playing ranked and spamming racial slurs at people because I 'deserve it'. As much as that might sound like some lame excuse, I swear for the record that this is not me.

Full_disclosure.png

I'm not sure who the gaffer is or if he even has an account, but I wanted to get in front of this and will be changing my password. I found out about it through his room mate/mutual friend after my 'friend' laughed and said he 'hit someone from that forum with my account'. So I started looking through replays only to see games I never could have played.

I am so furious right now. This is not me or how I conduct myself, and I don't even know how long this has been going on. I might even change my username, I don't know how far this goes and it makes me sick.

Corran Horn

I wear khaki pants and collared short sleeve shirt while I work outside like all throughout the year. How does that feel yoshi.

Syf

Banned
I worked 12 hour shifts 7pm - 7am for the last two weeks and I didn't bitch even once. So gosu. Get at me weather.

Yoshichan

My God, I didn't expect this :'3

So much love!

I don't look forward to hitting the ladder after my finals are over in a week and few days.

Oracles and allins from Toss while Mutaballs from Zerg.... ;_;

Yoshichan

So apparently a 'friend' has been on my account playing ranked and spamming racial slurs at people because I 'deserve it'. As much as that might sound like some lame excuse, I swear for the record that this is not me.

http://i39.************/25slw0m.jpg

I'm not sure who the gaffer is or if he even has an account, but I wanted to get in front of this and will be changing my password.

I am so furious right now. This is not me or how I conduct myself, and I don't even know how long this has been going on. I might even change my username, I don't know how far this goes and it makes me sick.
My man, fix the pic!

Yoshichan

Soon, people will even have forgetten who those two on the gif are.

#oldschoolsc2

Corran Horn

Not really since MC still ranks high enough in tournaments to earn money and Huk bitches enough on twitter for people to make reddit threads on him.

Yoshichan

I guess

Will someone ever forget MKP?

That's the real question :(

Yoshichan

Why you talking about LOL player in the SC2 thread?
Him becoming a LoL player only increased the odds of me (finally) meeting him in an event (Dreamhack etc). He would've never come to DH during his SC2 career.

I guess

Will someone ever forget MKP?

That's the real question :(

No one will ever forget him! At least not until the SC2 scene dies or everyone becomes super old.

Mvp isn't forgotten nor is DRG but they are still in it! MKP might have retired but he will be remembered! Sure fans coming into HOTS might not know MKP but they have a new Terran to follow, MARU PRIME! The Prince has become the King and won an OSL. Close to winning other championships as well.

BTW Corran I say my protoss hatred in jest most of time unless I'm raging about Oracles, colossus and HTs. Those 3 things melt marines/armies so they automatically go on my shit list.

Hate the race, not the player. ;b

On that note, Patience can screw himself for knocking out people he had no right to knocking out. Innovation and MMA, screw him!

Zen

Banned
My man, fix the pic!

EDIT:

Fixed, The other player (Gaf member?) has an id of [UCSD]Shake; the image should work now.

My former friend said it's 'ok that he'd been doing this' because he uses cracker too so I shouldn't take things so seriously. I've used/brought up that I play SCII and given my account name/ID out during specific job applications for crying out loud. It's a one in a million chance that I ever got passed up for something because of this, but who knows now.

Changed my password and will probably think up a new name, and try to personally apologize to anyone who encountered it, though I have no clue how to go about that aside from being open about it.

Sorry for ranting and I am truly sorry if any of you have ever hit 'me' on ladder and I said shit. Laddering sucks enough without people being toxic on top of it all.

SamuraiX-

EDIT:

Fixed, The other player (Gaf member?) has an id of [UCSD]Shake; the image should work now.

Hey! That's the same guy (shake) who EJ beat in the StarGAF Open grand final.

Sorry to hear about the annoyance, Zen. I don't think anyone here would believe for a second that was you. I would've called account hax on the spot.

In other news: Jaedong will not return to JinAir Greenwings

TeamLiquid said:
The leasing term between Team8 (JinAir Greenwings) and EG ends in November 30. According to the rules, Jaedong needs to go back to JinAir Greenwings. But KeSPA said they respect Jaedong's decision of not returning to JinAir Greenwings. KeSPA has negotiated many solutions and the final decision is that Jaedong will no longer have contract with JinAir Greenwings.

KeSPA official said: "the negotiation started back in August. During this process, we fully respect Jaedong's decision, which is not to go back to JinAir. Where he will go eventually is completely up to for him to decide."

The contract with JinAir Greenwings is ended. Now Jaedong can go to whatever team he wants. This includes staying in EG or going to other teams.

Source: http://www.playsc.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=379757&extra=page=1

Korean source: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/view.php?ud=2013120314111555570

Zen

Banned
Thank, it might sound weird but I'm actually relieved to hear that. I'm not saying that I'm perfect, I QQ more than I should and I do BM from time to time (TOSS OMFG) but I try to keep it strictly 'L2P' and the like. Whenever I start to get frustrated I walk away for a while.

Anyway *exhales*, is proleague not dumping SCII? I was under the impression that they were opting out to focus on LoL?

Top Bottom