• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thorzain won against protoss Sjow 3-2... close as fuck.

Sjow proving that toss is indeed ez and that he'll reach GM top 50 within a month, as promised?

SamuraiX-

Dailymotion Cup 2013 Playoffs start today!

IS7rpgO.png

San's really good at all-ins. Already up 2-0 on MMA.

Also, SjoW is Top 10 Master in less than 2 days after switching to Protoss. lol

SamuraiX-

That 7-8 minute Marine/Tank/Medivac drop/timing by Polt is actually pretty cool. Not sure how viable it is to replicate after what looked like a lot of micro being necessary to pull it off. lol

Edit: San advances to the final after defeating INno in Game 5 with a Blink all-in.

such skill

much talent

Lol.

For someone who watched the finals of Dreamhack, can someone tell me what happened in game 2? I saw Taeja going double proxy rax and Life going proxy hatchery without scouting, and then the stream died for me. Reloaded a couple minutes later, and Taeja was trapped in his base. What happened when I was gone?

Zen

Banned
We're pleased to announce that a number of upcoming StarCraft II Patch 2.1 additions are now available for testing in the Public Test Realm. Anyone with a StarCraft II license and the Battle.net Desktop App can participate, and we're kindly requesting your help in testing some of the improvements we highlighted during the StarCraft II Update Panel at BlizzCon earlier this month. We'll have more information to share with you about each feature soon, but those of you who are eager to try out these additions can read on to find an overview of what you're able to test right now, as well as how to gain access to the PTR.

Extension Mods

We're very excited to introduce Extension Mods to map developers and players alike in the PTR. Extension mods will help streamline the mod creation process for map developers and allow players to more easily find and play their favorite mods.

As a map developer, you'll no longer need to recreate the parameters of your mods every time you want to see how they'll play out on a new map. You can create Extension Mods using the StarCraft II Editor and publish them to Battle.net to allow players to apply them to any map in the Custom Games list.

As a player, you may be excited to know that hunting around the Custom Games menus trying to find which maps have been published with your favorite mod already applied is a thing of the past. Now, you can head to the Custom Games list, choose any map your heart desires, click the "Create with Extension Mod" button, and select a mod from the dropdown list to start enjoying the freedom to play whatever you please.
Clan and Group Additions

You and your friends can now coordinate more easily using the new Events tab found on Clan and Group windows in the Test Realm. Group and Clan owners and officers can now access an Event Calendar to schedule meet-ups for anything they wish, whether it be a clan war or an Arcade play session. Simply select the Events tab on your Clan or Group window, hit the "Create Event" button, and then fill out the date, time, title, and a description to set up a new event.

Clans and Groups can now further show off their club identities on Battle.net by creating and uploading a club icon, which will display in the Groups browser, as well as on the Clan or Group window. Additionally, Clans can create and upload a custom image to replace the decals that appear on the terrain surrounding clan members’ town hall structures in-game. Head over to your Clan or Group's Info tab and hit the "Edit Info" button if you'd like to add flair to your club with a custom icon.

Classic StarCraft Soundtrack

You'll be able to delight in fifteen years of StarCraft nostalgia by rocking out to the classic StarCraft and Brood War soundtracks while you play StarCraft II in the PTR. Navigate to the Sound tab in the Options menu (F10) and select the StarCraft/Brood War, StarCraft II, or both soundtracks using the “Soundtrack” dropdown list. Then, fire up a game of StarCraft II in any non-Campaign mode to get the tunes flowing.

AFK Lobby Hosts

It’s no fun being stuck waiting on lobby hosts who have seemingly abandoned their duty to get the game started. We understand that this can be a frustrating experience, which is why we've implemented a process to boot inactive players from public Arcade and Custom Game lobbies, whether or not they're the host.

Players in public game lobbies will now be prompted to respond after a short period of inactivity and will be kicked from the lobby if they remain unresponsive. If the booted player was the lobby host, a new host will be selected from the remaining players so that you can get back to the action as soon as possible.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/11738826/public-test-realm-operational-12-3-2013

Lol.

For someone who watched the finals of Dreamhack, can someone tell me what happened in game 2? I saw Taeja going double proxy rax and Life going proxy hatchery without scouting, and then the stream died for me. Reloaded a couple minutes later, and Taeja was trapped in his base. What happened when I was gone?

Taeja went blind proxy 2 rax while Life went Proxy hatch at Taeja's natural. When Taeja's first rax finishes, that SCV scouted no Hatch and Taeja canceled the 2nd rax.

He rebuilt it and a factory in his main as he saw the proxy hatch pretty late.

He failed in this regard which cost him the game. The proper response to a Proxy hatch is to build a bunker on the low ground near the hatch before drones start coming over.

Then to build a 2nd bunker on the outside so that the lings cannot get near the other bunker.

Slow lings can't do shit to a bunker and with no gas thanks to proxy hatch, the zerg is way behind on speedlings. Going factory is bad idea vs proxy hatch since tanks take so long to build which was why Taeja was screwed by the time he got one out.

Unless you get banshees and mass hellions like ForGG did vs Life in the Dailymotion cup.

Taeja went blind proxy 2 rax while Life went Proxy hatch at Taeja's natural. When Taeja's first rax finishes, that SCV scouted no Hatch and Taeja canceled the 2nd rax.

He rebuilt it and a factory in his main as he saw the proxy hatch pretty late.

He failed in this regard which cost him the game. The proper response to a Proxy hatch is to build a bunker on the low ground near the hatch before drones start coming over.

Then to build a 2nd bunker on the outside so that the lings cannot get near the other bunker.

Slow lings can't do shit to a bunker and with no gas thanks to proxy hatch, the zerg is way behind on speedlings. Going factory is bad idea vs proxy hatch since tanks take so long to build which was why Taeja was screwed by the time he got one out.

Unless you get banshees and mass hellions like ForGG did vs Life in the Dailymotion cup.

Thanks.

SamuraiX-

Hey can someone make a Hot6ix cup OT? Rain vs Symbol will start in about 40 minutes.

I'm on it. :)

It looks like that was a typo on their Twitter though. We still got an hour and a half before it kicks off.

Btw, when was the last time Artosis and Khaldor casted together? Looks like they'll be casting the event. Should be interesting.

I'm on it. :)

It looks like that was a typo on their Twitter though. We still got an hour and a half before it kicks off.

Btw, when was the last time Artosis and Khaldor casted together? Looks like they'll be casting the event. Should be interesting.

Thanks man!

Main event is Maru vs soO tomorrow with Bomber vs Soulkey afterwards anyways. But this should be good.

I wish they dropped soO for sOs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait so is that all Blizz is offering us for patch 2.1? What happened to increased level cap etc?

Zen

Banned
Well this is just on the PTR so I think they're only testing new features etc. The increased levels should have no problem being implemented.

Yoshichan

Well this is just on the PTR so I think they're only testing new features etc. The increased levels should have no problem being implemented.
Think they'll add any new achievements as well?

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

glorious.

so uh. anyone want to play some starcraft? ill be online for a bit.
That would be awesome! In fact, I promised fanboi I'd play him as well today... but I'm stuck at work for an indefinite amount of time :(

Yoshichan

New patch is... interesting.

DECALS. DECALS EVERYWHERE.

wagwoqt.png

gtJ5aIF.jpg

wEW3xmC.png

Syf

Banned
Downloading now. Have you listened to the SC/BW music yet? That 'remastered' usage has me wondering if they changed it at all.

edit: Nvm! Cool.

Yoshichan

You added me on Steam, yet you didn't go online!

WAT :(

Zen

Banned
I kind of want to make a neogaf symbol, but stylize it as the typical SCII emblem... hmmmmm

Sjow made it through bronze, silver, gold, and diamond in one day offracing as toss, 28 days left and he's already high masters.

QTDipvt.jpg

The music is no different at all. Thank God they didn't remaster it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOkdl2eExHQ&list=PLHQ-LPb0okkdOWadzZFcrZDQy6qes2dyP

Just hearing the opening notes feels so right. Nothing like classic SC music. Now if they give us classic BW sound effects or implement a ;low rez' filter option to make everything sound low bit, that would be sublime.

SamuraiX-

QTDipvt.jpg

The music is no different at all. Thank God they didn't remaster it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOkdl2eExHQ&list=PLHQ-LPb0okkdOWadzZFcrZDQy6qes2dyP

Absolutely orgasmic.

Sjow made it through bronze, silver, gold, and diamond in one day offracing as toss, 28 days left and he's already high masters.

#hardworkingprotoss

Just hearing the opening notes feels so right. Nothing like classic SC music. Now if they give us classic BW sound effects or implement a ;low rez' filter option to make everything sound low bit, that would be sublime.

They need to make Ultralisk tusks to actually sound like motherfucking tusks instead of grinding pocket knives together.

SamuraiX-

Oh my god ahahahaaha

So Oz pretty much tried to cheese ForGG in every single game. Took it to Game 5 on Frost and Oz decided to take a hidden 3rd Nexus on an opposite corner of the map. With his Observer he scouts a double Medivac, 10-15 Marine push coming from Oz. He has the Mothership Core at his natural with enough energy for a PO... despite seeing this push coming, Oz somehow thinks it was a good idea to do a Mass Recall on a group of Probes across the map to help saturate his hidden third...... right as ForGG's push hits his natural.....

All Probes die, all army units obliterated, Oz reconsiders his life and taps out.

I can't remember the last time I've seen a derp moment of that magnitude in a match-deciding game.

Oh my god ahahahaaha

So Oz pretty much tried to cheese ForGG in every single game. Took it to Game 5 on Frost and Oz decided to take a hidden 3rd Nexus on an opposite corner of the map. With his Observer he scouts a double Medivac, 10-15 Marine push coming from Oz. He has the Mothership Core at his natural with enough energy for a PO... despite seeing this push coming, Oz somehow thinks it was a good idea to do a Mass Recall on a group of Probes across the map to help saturate his hidden third...... right as ForGG's push hits his natural.....

All Probes die, all army units obliterated, Oz reconsiders his life and taps out.

I can't remember the last time I've seen a derp moment of that magnitude in a match-deciding game.

The sad part is that he almost held it too. Probably would have with all his probes or if he didn't use his MSC to recall and instead had a photon overcharge. Would have been so ahead. But yeah that game was hilarious.

Top Bottom