• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Syf

Banned
What do you guys think about this GOM eXP sub? Worth it? Is the streaming and VOD quality good? Are the VODs usually available quickly? Never been a GOM subscriber before but I'm considering it.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
What do you guys think about this GOM eXP sub? Worth it? Is the streaming and VOD quality good? Are the VODs usually available quickly? Never been a GOM subscriber before but I'm considering it.
It's all off twitch now so vods are instant. Gom production is the best in terms of putting on a show.

QTDipvt.jpg

The music is no different at all. Thank God they didn't remaster it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOkdl2eExHQ&list=PLHQ-LPb0okkdOWadzZFcrZDQy6qes2dyP

Oh fuck me that's amazing, so glad they finally did this. So agree about the sounds as well, it's one simple area of the game blizzard could improve so much.

Syf

Banned
They need to make Ultralisk tusks to actually sound like motherfucking tusks instead of grinding pocket knives together.
Couldn't agree more with this. The Ultra's attack should sound ferocious, menacing, not that almost squeaky sound effect they have in place now. That's been bothering me for so long lol.
It's all off twitch now so vods are instant. Gom production is the best in terms of putting on a show.
Yeah suppose you can't go wrong with GOM. I went with a premium sub for next year. Excited to have the GSL back.

Ladder is going insane. Sad for Xenocider and Illusion.

Illusion could have gotten in if he started way earlier and didn't have Byun and a smurf account blocking him from wins. The points are really close. Xeno could have won if he kept playing and got 40 points or more.

Man Demuslim just jumped like 4 spots LOL.

SamuraiX-

Ladder is going insane. Sad for Xenocider and Illusion.

Illusion could have gotten in if he started way earlier and didn't have Byun and a smurf account blocking him from wins. The points are really close. Xeno could have won if he kept playing and got 40 points or more.

Wait, what? So ByuN has a smurf account in the Top 7 right now? He shouldn't qualify though.

Eligible players must be a citizen of any of the countries within the continental Americas, hold permanent residency status (green card) or hold a valid work visa. Proof will be required for each player prior to confirmation and announcement of the lineup. Any proven instances of attempting to manipulate ladder rank through practices such as win-trading or account sharing will result in immediate disqualification from the qualifiers. Players must play on an account with their real name or proven legal alias to participate. Blizzard will individually verify each account to ensure it's legitimacy prior to formal invitation being presented to the qualifying players.

And who the fuck is TtSYF.Hitman?

Wait, what? So ByuN has a smurf account in the Top 7 right now? He shouldn't qualify though.

And who the fuck is TtSYF.Hitman?

Yeah Byun has a smurf called Puppyking in honor of his dog lol.

He can't qualify just like Rank 1 ForGG can't qualify for Shoutcraft.

he probably faced him alot on ladder on got loses.

Yeah Byun and barcode Terran screwed over Illusion.

What a douche. Why is he playing on the NA ladder anyway? No wonder he sucks and hasn't shown any results in forever.

lol Byun is pretty bad after his breakout in GSTL HOTS. However its unfair to blame him for playing on NA when Taeja and a bunch of Koreans do it including ForGG.

I hope Byun makes a comeback in Proleague.

Zen

Banned
Shoutcraft Americas Winter Bracket!

6gUbRre.png

SHOUTcraft America Winter is a 8-player online tournament organized by John Bain. To qualify, the players will need to be in the top 7 on the American Grandmaster Ladder at 12am EST on December 5th, 2013. Eligible players must be a citizen of any of the countries within the continental Americas, hold permanent residency status (green card) or hold a valid work visa.[1]

Single-elimination bracket:
Quarterfinals and Semifinals: Best-of-five.
Finals: Best-of-7.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/SHOUTcraft/Regional/America_Winter

Honestly? great idea and I'm hyped.

SamuraiX-

It happens Saturday and Sunday, huh?

Should be fun. Hoping for a Scarlett vs DeMu semifinal and I predict a Scarlett vs MajOr grand final with Scarlett taking the whole thing
with relative ease

Syf

Banned
Love all the cuts, HATE the addition of Habitation Station over other amazing maps from the Red Bull Map Contest like Graveside and Synapse.

Fuck gold mineral expansion maps.
Pretty much in the same boat. I think there were other, more deserving maps that could have been added. I'd also have liked to see Polar Night out of the pool. Replace that with the second GSL map or one of the RBMC maps you mentioned. Still, overall I'm just happy to finally be getting rid of these old maps. They were stale months ago.

Not happy that Aziuereijnf Stronghold is still in the map pool. Way too big and way too good for Oracles and Mutas. Oh well Vetoed again. Looking forward to the other maps though.

SamuraiX-

Pretty much in the same boat. I think there were other, more deserving maps that could have been added. I'd also have liked to see Polar Night out of the pool. Replace that with the second GSL map or one of the RBMC maps you mentioned. Still, overall I'm just happy to finally be getting rid of these old maps. They were stale months ago.

Oh yeah, most definitely. Bel'Shir Vestige and Akilon Wastes outstayed their welcome for too damn long.

Glad Derelict is gone too. It made for some fun TvZs on occasion but overall I don't like the ridiculous amount of empty space in the middle of the map. Too easy to retreat and doesn't really reward players who like to go for flanks.

Whirlwind, on the other hand, is an absolute classic. Wouldn't have even been mad if they kept that around for a bit longer.

SamuraiX-

So it looks like all the players and casters who will be participating in ASUS ROG NorthCon this weekend are all having the adventures of their lives just to get to Neumünster.

The storm to end all storms is apparently hitting Germany HARD and making seemingly all forms of transportation impossible. All flights have been getting canceled, routes by train are getting obstructed... people having to result to piling in a bus or hitching a ride in a car.

Some insane shit.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You know what, I feel I can bitch.

It was 10 degrees here yesterday when I went home from work, sun still up.

In fucking Melbourne.

It's fucking Summer.

thats 50 farenheits.

and 4 days before that it was 36.

that's 97 farenheits.

all the god damn farenheits.

time to play ff8

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So fucking cold, omg I nearly died on my way to work

I laugh at all of you! Here in FL its a nice 67 F or 19 C for that use Celsius. ;)

I'm in shorts and writing my research paper waiting for the Hotsix cup to start lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How cold is it in Sweden during January Yoshi? My girlfriend is going there for a week for a project, and she wants to be prepared :p
Like -15 up to -20 man.

Top Bottom