• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Syf

Banned
Wouldn't mind seeing the replays if you can upload them. Or if you have time you can add me and we'll watch it that way. Just tough to give real advice without seeing the games.

Pollux

Wouldn't mind seeing the replays if you can upload them. Or if you have time you can add me and we'll watch it that way. Just tough to give real advice without seeing the games.
I didn't save them. Ill add you though. I'm in the GAF group on there so you should be able to find me

Syf

Banned
Says you're not in my region when I hit add from the clan page. What's your region and info there?

nvm think I got it. Added you.

And the guys you were playing against in one of those games were plat, diamond and master league players. So yeah. Don't feel bad about that.

Pollux

Says you're not in my region when I hit add from the clan page. What's your region and info there?

nvm think I got it. Added you.

And the guys you were playing against in one of those games were plat, diamond and master league players. So yeah. Don't feel bad about that.
Haha thanks. Makes me feel better

Zen

Banned
Didn't we use to argue about Protoss being bullshit. AR? XD

Kasane, a long time BW player, converting to SCII and hating toss was almost too much validation than I could stand whilst still remaining healthy.

SamuraiX-

Fragbite Masters Playoffs today: http://www.twitch.tv/fragbitelive

jmIsvpS.png

J2d

It was bound to be 3 protoss in the semis anyway, the only thing that stands out is Hasuobs, sc should consider giving up on starcraft.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is sjow gm yet?

Zen

Banned
Absolutely, this is perhaps the biggest issue with Protoss (in a sense), they just obnoxious to play against as Zerg or Terran. Protoss players at least get to BE Protoss when they face them so it probably isn't as frustrating.

Is sjow gm yet?

Top 8 Masters for a bit now.

Soon.

Just beat a Protoss harder AI and a Zerg very hard AI in 2vs2. Eventually barely won once me and the Terran guys I was with basically starved out the Protoss AI and mainly had to kill the Zerg AI. Finally got brave enough to take a 3rd (and eventually a 4th) decently fast and wasn't afraid to rebuild after they were killed. I also had a massive fuck up when I went Ultra's and had 4 stuck in my base until I researched Ventral Sacs. X_X

Zen

Banned
Proleague just became a must watch for me.

Proleague Pre-season on 15 & 16th with 1v1 and 2v2 mixed matches
submitted 2 hours ago by larsevss
The pre-season of ProLeague 2014 will be played on December 15 and 16th. Matches will be played in best of 3 format in which the first and third set are 1v1, the second set will be 2v2, this marks the return of 2v2 in Proleague since 2008.

Round of 8 will be played at December 15 2013 13:00 KST[local], with semi-finals and finals starting December 16 2013 19:00 KST. During matches the casters will call the teams to dig into their situation and promotional videos made by the teams will be played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D1Gkf2NFys

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=438068

Zen

Banned
The only way this would be better is if they mixed in Broodwar games again.

I wouldn't mind it if they had a token BW match as a variety thing (not returning it to the terrible system they had earlier), or even it's own mini league where one match a night was for a mini BW tourney. That and a customs game competition during intermission or something.

Making these thins more of fun time events for audiences will only help their viewership and to get crowds.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
selects stream last night: "fuck protoss"

lol, i feel ya man.

the early game is definitely a legit problem but i also feel like the late game needs to be balanced in micro requirements. the terran has to do a lot more, and this seems to hold true in all leagues from gold to gm. i think most people agree. blizzard could not only make the game more entertaining by increasing protoss micro requirements, but they could improve the game for the casual players as well.

i think the terran units that they add in lotv should be:

- some kind of tier 3 aoe air bomber for terran that has a single castable spell to carpet bomb the enemy in a straight line after like a 1 second charge. just as something to prevent protoss from always clumping their death ball together.

- some kind of tier 1 terran mechanic that enables early aggression against the photon overchage.

J2d

i think most people agree. blizzard could not only make the game more entertaining by increasing protoss micro requirements, but they could improve the game for the casual players as well.
I'm not saying you are wrong but how should they do that? The brunt of the army are heat seeking retards with swords, hardly the stuff of microing dreams =/
Forcefields, blink stalkers and high templar use seems enough(I feel the use of HT's is somewhat lacking though).

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
I'm not saying you are wrong but how should they do that? The brunt of the army are heat seeking retards with swords, hardly the stuff of microing dreams =/
Forcefields, blink stalkers and high templar use seems enough(I feel the use of HT's is somewhat lacking though).

possibilities:

keep feedback range high, but lessen storm casting range so the ht have to be brought to the front a little more

go with idras suggestion of killing charge and killing maruader slow together

forcefields don't seem to matter much in late game fights, and even when they are used in the midgame, they have to intermediately be countered with medivac pickup-and-redrops which is an even more taxing micro requirement. i still cant do it reliably personally.

J2d

keep feedback range high, but lessen storm casting range so the ht have to be brought to the front a little more
go with idras suggestion of killing charge and killing maruader slow together
I think they would be emp'ed a lot more frequently'd then, that and chargeless zealots that would get kited to death by just about anything that shoots would probably be the death of gateway only armies.

forcefields don't seem to matter much in late game fights, and even when they are used in the midgame, they have to intermediately be countered with medivac pickup-and-redrops which is an even more taxing micro requirement. i still cant do it reliably personally.
Yea there's not much use of forcefields in the late game(or blink micro for that matter), they could let us chrono boost attacks on units though ;)

Syf

Banned
Still think MSC is the primary problem with toss, especially in TvP. Photon overcharge makes it easy to be greedy and repel early pressure / counter attacks even without many units. Mass recall makes aggression safe. Time warp eliminates micro advantages. Its vision allows for easy blink play right into the base. And that ability to safely play greedy snowballs into a late-game advantage if the game even goes that long. Terrans really don't have many options if they want to be prepared for the now-common all-in plays. I don't know how Terran is supposed to get ahead. It's a dice roll. Make the MSC abilities researchable or adjust them.

I think some stuff that could easily fix TvP without nerfing their units is just some minor buffs and stat changes to units. The buffs mostly won't affect TvZ or TvT, just TvP

1. For Mech, Tanks do +30 vs shield along with their normal 50 damage vs armored in siege mode. This lets Tanks kill Stalkers in two shots instead of 3. Also this lets them do 60 damage to Zealots instead of just 35. Tanks were made to make lings/Roaches/Hydras easier to kill, sadly this lets the Zealot tank about 4 hits from the tank in siege mode due to their ridiculous 150 health. This changes nothing about the tank for the other match ups. Immortals would still be good but using other units would be dangerous for toss.

2. Make Charge like Stim for Zealots. Not damaging them, but make it manual instead of autocast. Way too just to just say A Move to a pack of zealots and forget about them late game. With no charge, it makes them much weaker unless you micro them

3. Vikings do +2 or +4 vs massive units. Makes the huge Colossus and Tempest numbers easier to deal with lategame. How many times have we lost to killing everything except the 6 Colossus down to 2 and there is no ground army left? It takes over 10 Vikings at 3/3 to kill more than 3 colossus at 3/3 fast enough to matter. Not to mention how many snipes Stalkers can get with blink. Broodlords would suffer a bit but they are barely used anyways. Corruptors/Mutas are good vs Vikings anyways. BCs in the lategame would also be easier to deal with in TvT

4. Make Zealots HP 80 and its shields 70. This makes EMP more effective which is a big complaint of mine. Zealots only lose 50 shield per EMP. Its cost ineffective.

Stalkers at least have 80/80 split so its worth it.

5. Nerf MSC which is what most people pretty much agree on.

Thats pretty much it from my end. Would make the matchup much more dynamic. What do you guys think?

Pollux

So, for someone just starting out, it is fine to just pick w/e race looks cool, or should I just stick with Terran? B/c I would love to play as Zerg, but the whole creep thing just confuses the hell out of me.

Top Bottom