• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
i'm

tvp: 44%
tvt: 52%
zvt: 61%

i feel like my protoss wins mainly come from crawling back up through mmr decay. my last 50 games are probably more like 15%/50%/60%

Fucking cheesing AI. Doing 3vs3 AI and 1 goes 6 pool while another goes 1 base blink stalkers. -_-'

Ugh keep getting grouped with people doing 20-30 APM. Went from elite AI in 3vs3 down to harder.

Syf

Banned
Fucking cheesing AI. Doing 3vs3 AI and 1 goes 6 pool while another goes 1 base blink stalkers. -_-'

Ugh keep getting grouped with people doing 20-30 APM. Went from elite AI in 3vs3 down to harder.
What's your name in-game man? I'd be down for some vs AI sometimes if you're on NA.

GAF night Monday the 16th. 7PM EST- 3AM EST. NA Server.

You don't have to stay for that long and can come and go. I just want the net to be wide enough so that a ton of us can play games in the arcade together and maybe do monobattles and other games. People from EU or even KR can join us.

Use Mumble to voice chat and have a good time. Don't have to talk if you don't want but its nice to be part of a conversation.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
No OGN for proleague. Probably seems like they are done with SC2 in general unless we see a random OSL but that is probably unlikely

Broadcasting: SK Telecom will be sponsoring the 2014 Proleague, and it will be broadcasted exclusively on SPOTV Games and SPOTV2. Matches will be viewable through Naver, Youtube, and Twitch.

Matches are played on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday at 02:00 PST (-08:00), and two Bo5 matches are played a day. The matches will be played from a new esports stadium established by Nexon in the Gangnam area of Seoul.

Teams: SK Telecom T1, KT Rolster, CJ Entus, Jin Air Green Wings, Incredible Miracle, Prime, Team MVP, Samsung Galaxy Khan

Tournament Format: There will be four rounds this season, and teams will earn points at the end of each round depending on their placement. The four teams with the most points will advance to the season-end playoffs for the Proleague championship. Each round will be played as a round robin, with matches being Bo5 in Proleague style.

Points for placing in a round: 1st: 81 / 2nd: 71 / 3rd: 61 / 4th: 51 / 5th: 45 / 6th: 40 / 7th: 35 / 8th: 30

Also, each ROUND itself has its own "post-season" (playoffs) between the top four teams where they play for the round championship. Those matches are played Bo7 winners league (all-kill) style. The winning team gets 40 points extra points, and 15,000,000 won in prize money. The second place team gets 10 points at 5,000,000 in prize money.

The season end playoffs is played as a best Bo3 of Bo7 matches, with the format alternating between Proleague, All-kill, and Proleague again. The format has changed to be a single elim, with the #1 seed playing the #4 seed, and the #2 seed playing the #4 seed. The GRAND FINALS are played as a single Bo7 match. The Proleague champions win 50,000,000 won, while the runner-up wins 20,000,000.

Individual awards: 5,000,000 won to player with most wins, 2,000,000 won to rookie of the year, 1,000,000 won to head coach of the year, 3,000,000 won to finals MVP.

The MVP winner and other players with top rankings in the Proleague will be given support to compete in WCS class international tournaments.

Maps: Ladder: Bel'Shir Vestige, Frost, Star Station, Yeonsu.

New Maps: Sejong Science Base, Outboxer.

ETC: Event matches with eSF teams or foreign teams are being considered.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=438327

They're STILL keeping Bel'shir?

*sigh* I'm about to give up on StarCraft 2 again from people either being bad or assholes. Barely beat 3 hard AI in 3vs3. There's one expansion behind our bases and the others are down a big ramp (the only way in). One of the Terran I'm with decides to go CC first, taking the safe spot from me, so I have to take one down below. Him and the other Terran build a massive wall on top of the ramp but behind my expansion, leaving it vulnerable. They have basically 0 units by the time the AI come and attack and my expansion gets destroyed because I'm the only one with anything besides tanks (which are behind their wall). We still ended up winning but that pissed me off. -_-'

Is anyone else watching bomber stream? His early game drop vs desrow was fucking amazing, picking up his marines to snipe the MC in particular was just too good. Love watching him stream (also enjoy the Korean voices on the units). Pretty impressive for him to have 4.5K+ viewers without even commentating his games or having a cam, few players can do that.

Edit: Watching him just destroy protoss like desrow, oh man it's just fantastic. It kinda makes me sad a little bit that some people can't appreciate the immense amount of skill these Korean players have. Sure it makes it damn near impossible for anyone else to ever be able to compete but it's mind boggling to see what they're capable of.

*sigh* I'm about to give up on StarCraft 2 again from people either being bad or assholes. Barely beat 3 hard AI in 3vs3. There's one expansion behind our bases and the others are down a big ramp (the only way in). One of the Terran I'm with decides to go CC first, taking the safe spot from me, so I have to take one down below. Him and the other Terran build a massive wall on top of the ramp but behind my expansion, leaving it vulnerable. They have basically 0 units by the time the AI come and attack and my expansion gets destroyed because I'm the only one with anything besides tanks (which are behind their wall). We still ended up winning but that pissed me off. -_-'

Don't be mad, play with friends. Its much better that way. Randoms usually just make working together impossible.

Lol bombers trolling is hilarious. Agree with crimsonlink as well, playing games like that with randoms is asking for a bad time. I only really do that in team games if i'm just mucking around or facing people who are really bad.

Syf

Banned
Why.. why must proleague bring Bel'Shir back. ಠ_ಠ

Teamstory Cup playoffs starting right away. Gonna be Acer vs Liquid and Western Wolves vs Axiom.

Syf

Banned
I just saw this.

Freaking insane. Did TaeJa look not on his game or was MMA just dominating?
I actually missed the first game between them because I was making breakfast lol. But in game two they went for similar builds, only MMA made a critical tank drop that did good damage and put MMA ahead. It didn't look like TaeJa was playing poorly. MMA was just on his game.

SamuraiX-

I actually missed the first game between them because I was making breakfast lol. But in game two they went for similar builds, only MMA made a critical tank drop that did good damage and put MMA ahead. It didn't look like TaeJa was playing poorly. MMA was just on his game.

Nice. Glad to see he's recovered from that Patience humiliation at DreamHack.

So Proleague pre-season starts tonight... should the OT be made now or wait until the 28th when the actual season kicks off?

Nice. Glad to see he's recovered from that Patience humiliation at DreamHack.

So Proleague pre-season starts tonight... should the OT be made now or wait until the 28th when the actual season kicks off?

Go for it bro. Also MMA is just in his beast mode. Ryung looks to follow with 2 kills already.

Syf

Banned
lol, he really did make it look easy. I hope we see a rematch though. I imagine TaeJa would like a chance to return the favor.

Zen

Banned

What server do you play on? I'm NA and I'd play 2s with you or w/e :D

Syf

Banned
Interesting news just posted on TL that Blizzard will be helping to promote the SSL9 Brood War league in Korea. Combined with bringing the BW music back in update 2.1.. maybe they're warming up to BW again?

Pollux

My god, the hardest part of this game is keeping track of all the different units, bases, minerals/gas in your head.

Just started playing as Zerg today, so the hardest part there was getting the hang of the units.

I'm doing OK until I get the 2nd hatchery built, keep building drones, and shit all the way up to ultralisks, and then the wheels fall off haha

Got up to the 3rd tutorial level w/ Zerg, and the AI kicks my ass every time. I'm 0/4 right now.

Syf

Banned
Somebody think of a clever subtitle/tagline for the Proleague thread. :p
I end up embarrassing myself when I try being clever.
Got up to the 3rd tutorial level w/ Zerg, and the AI kicks my ass every time. I'm 0/4 right now.
I keep missing you! Haha. Will be around for the rest of the day if you want to play later. Not particularly good myself but I know a fair bit about Zerg. Let me know when you want to practice man, you'll get the hang of it the more you play. Zerg is probably the least intuitive race to learn. At least in my opinion.

Syf

Banned
Feel like I'm getting better with taking expansions faster.
MRW we go 3-0 tonight

OKXcKdl.gif

zeox

Thinking about getting back into this game during my christmas break. how many of you guys are still playing actively?

Thinking about getting back into this game during my christmas break. how many of you guys are still playing actively?

There are at least 5 of us that play regularly. I play pretty much 5 days a week from 7 PM EST to 3AM depending on how I'm feeling and how ladder is going.

I usually take a break when I buy a game for my consoles and play that for a while. Come back and join us for GAF night this upcoming Monday! :)

We will all play fun arcade games and monobattles

Top Bottom