• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When is 2.1 due? Anyone know?

HappyHunting

Neo Member
I'm such a wimp. Everytime I go to click the SC2 icon I wuss out and play something else. Ever since I took a break two years ago I haven't been able to be consistantly good, I fear not performing well. BAH

Moved up to elite AI in 1vs1. Zerg on very hard are really easy because it takes so long for them to get a 3rd base. If Protoss don't attack early and I'm able to get to 4 bases quickly then I can just sacrifice my army and remax instantly. Still haven't beaten a Terran on very hard, but I've only played 1.

Syf

Banned
Day 3 away from my PC. The hallucinations are intensifying. I'm breaking out in cold sweats. Haven't been eating.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:D Look what I (partially) got for Christmas!

QSJUXXY.jpg

YAY! Alt accounts FTW 8D

Yoshichan

Blizzard are morons

I just got Wings of Liberty and I wanted to upgrade to HotS and it says:

The following errors have occurred:
This account is already undergoing an upgrade. Please wait until the current upgrade is finished (up to 72 hours from the original request) before performing another upgrade.

LOOOOOOOOL

Blizzherp really doesn't want people to buy their games

V_Arnold

Merry Christmas, EU-Gaf! :D*

I do not even know if I will ever come back to this game, but the community here is still amazing. :)

*Or the equivalent end-of-year ritual, really.

Yoshichan

No BW graphics are not bad. I fucking love them. Terran looks so good and the blood looks 50x better than in SC2.

Zen

Banned
Total Biscuit said:
I'm working on SHOUTcrafts next evolution for 2014 and I'm really excited to bring something different. Details coming in January

TB is a very important person in the scene. A lot of tournament organizers (who work incredibly hard!) seem content to continue losing money on these events, but for SCII to work long term, especially since it hasn't replicated the success in Korea that BW did, we kind of need to figure out how to make smaller tournaments and events financially viable.

So for him to continue with Shoutcraft, and keep it focused on the non Korean scene, while also be absurdly transparent about how it performs, helps out everyone. Everyone cvan learn from his experiments because he's so open about it, and it doesn't seem like he's going to stop until they figure it out.

Yoshichan

Hey look

I can't log on to my SC2 account

So I guess every single fucking employee on Blizzard decided to go home and drink eggnog? Truly a worthless fucking company.

Yoshichan

dat ffvii/viii burn

it's like i teleported back to 1998

fanboi

Banned
better then all those ff7 and ff8 copys you own

someday i'll get a good upload internet, and i'll stream all day for you corran

someday i'll get a good upload internet, and i'll stream all day for you holden when me and your mom is doing it.

Yoshichan

Really Yoshi? Are we really at this stage?

Dominated a toss and forced him mass voids. I "hard counter" with 200/200 corrupters.

Battle engages.

Corrupters vaporized in half a second.

Fuck my life.

Really Yoshi? Are we really at this stage?

Dominated a toss and forced him mass voids. I "hard counter" with 200/200 corrupters.

Battle engages.

Corrupters vaporized in half a second.

Fuck my life.

Not sure if joking but there is no way you had 200/200 corrupters and they definitely aren't the counter for void rays.

SamuraiX-

Not sure if joking but there is no way you had 200/200 corrupters and they definitely aren't the counter for void rays.

Corrupters are strictly classified as anti-air units. Your argument is invalid.

But yeah, Hydras all day vs Voids. It's pretty hilarious that Corrupters never stand a chance though.

But yeah, Hydras all day vs Voids. It's pretty hilarious that Corrupters never stand a chance though.

Void rays are made for beating heavy units as well. They're also a lot more difficult to mass. Both are incredibly boring units either way.

SamuraiX-

Void rays are made for beating heavy units as well. They're also a lot more difficult to mass. Both are incredibly boring units either way.

Indeed. :p

Just in time for Christmas: Top 5 StarCraft II Highlights of 2013

I remember all of those and I'm pretty sure they hit the nail on the head... and although Bomber vs Scarlett is a worthy #1, I feel there could have easily been better choice.

Also, if you guys enjoyed Bomber vs Scarlett Game 3 from RB Battlegrounds, be sure to check out Dream vs Scarlett in Set 2 of the Acer Team Story Cup 2013 Season 1 Grand Final.

Incredibly back and forth affair that turned into one of the scrappiest games I've ever seen.

Indeed. :p

Just in time for Christmas: Top 5 StarCraft II Highlights of 2013

I remember all of those and I'm pretty sure they hit the nail on the head... and although Bomber vs Scarlett is a worthy #1, I feel there could have easily been better choice.

Also, if you guys enjoyed Bomber vs Scarlett Game 3 from RB Battlegrounds, be sure to check out Dream vs Scarlett in Set 2 of the Acer Team Story Cup 2013 Season 1 Grand Final.

Incredibly back and forth affair that turned into one of the scrappiest games I've ever seen.

Where's Bomber nuking himself? Also holy shit at that one Ultralisk.

Did the best we've done on scratch tickets in a long time for Christmas. I got $98 from the $140 my mom got me but $65 from the $20 my uncle got me, putting me ahead for the first time in a long time. Got a $50 winner on a $5 ticket from my mom and a $50 on a $2 ticket from my uncle. I'll probably get more from other family members tomorrow, My mom came out more ahead mostly because of 1 ticket. She got each of us two $10 tickets, and she won $90 on one of them. She ended up getting $131 out of $90.

kasane

Lol i was on 3 bases and i deny the protoss his 3rd 2 times, he tried to expand on another base and denied it again. He finally got a 3rd and marched on me blink storm bang bang bang im dead. Holy fucking shit bro

Lol i was on 3 bases and i deny the protoss his 3rd 2 times, he tried to expand on another base and denied it again. He finally got a 3rd and marched on me blink storm bang bang bang im dead. Holy fucking shit bro

Hate that shit. EMP doesn't do enough to scare Protoss anymore since its Radius was nerfed. Otherwise you throw done 2 or 3 EMPs down and the Toss has to move back or die to Bio just like it currently is with storm.

Of course time warp is another POS spell that just makes battle more protoss favored than they need to be considering the reinforcement time of warping in is like 3 seconds per Gateway and Unit. Lose army once as Terran? Good you are fucked. Protoss lose army? Oh let me warp in 10 Zealots as a meat shield while my colossus gets out and my Archons morph in and maybe a few HTs with storms as well.

#MerryChristmas

#Balancewhine

kasane

Hate that shit. EMP doesn't do enough to scare Protoss anymore since its Radius was nerfed. Otherwise you throw done 2 or 3 EMPs down and the Toss has to move back or die to Bio just like it currently is with storm.

Of course time warp is another POS spell that just makes battle more protoss favored than they need to be considering the reinforcement time of warping in is like 3 seconds per Gateway and Unit. Lose army once as Terran? Good you are fucked. Protoss lose army? Oh let me warp in 10 Zealots as a meat shield while my colossus gets out and my Archons morph in and maybe a few HTs with storms as well.

#MerryChristmas

#Balancewhine

Also tried to all in toss and nexus cannon fucking defends everything that comes its way. Holy shit protoss has everything

Also tried to all in toss and nexus cannon fucking defends everything that comes its way. Holy shit protoss has everything

Dude I should send you this one replay I have. 4 rax with every upgrade vs greedy toss. 20 damage Nexus cannon wipes out 1/3 of my army by itself. Its ridiculous. Then he goes HT off the back of this and kills me. ;_;

#FuckProtoss.

Edit: Apologies to Protoss buddies on this board. Had too much to drink a while back. Still dislike TvP atm but that doesn't excuse that kind of language and behavior. This isn't gamefaqs or Blizz SC2 forums.

kasane

Dude I should send you this one replay I have. 4 rax with every upgrade vs greedy toss. 20 damage Nexus cannon wipes out 1/3 of my army by itself. Its ridiculous. Then he goes HT off the back of this and kills me. ;_;

#FuckProtoss.

Edit: Apologies to Protoss buddies on this board. Had too much to drink a while back. Still dislike TvP atm but that doesn't excuse that kind of language and behavior. This isn't gamefaqs or Blizz SC2 forums.

But #FuckProtoss. /s

I blame blizz for terrible design

Yoshichan

That's why I made that post... because I was stupid to use corrupters.
Replay please. :)

Also screw Protoss. Even 200/200 Mutas die to max VRs.
Enjoy.

http://drop.sc/368937

It says "Replay is being processed. Additional information will appear once the processing is complete." Is it working for you?

Yeah I'm fucking horrible. Thank God zerg ain't my main race.

Yeah I simply assumed that they would be good against void rays, but I realized once the battle was over that I fucked up. Royally. Check out the replay, it's a long game but it was constant action.

J2d

Y'all mother fuckers should play random or protoss for a couple of weeks and then come back and tell us all your stories on how you dominated everyone, chances are you might find a fault with your shitty race as well.

Merry Christmas/ team random ;p

Zen

Banned
Y'all mother fuckers should play random or protoss for a couple of weeks and then come back and tell us all your stories on how you dominated everyone, chances are you might find a fault with your shitty race as well.

Merry Christmas/ team random ;p

I play toss a decent amount and rest assured I do dominate easily with them. :p

Yoshichan

I mostly play zerg/toss nowadays... terran isn't my style on HotS but I still consider myself a terran as main because... well, just because.

edit: Also, LOL. I'm silver on this smurf account I got yesterday and I'm already getting placed against masters players. SC2 MMR, LAWL.

Yoshichan

Colossus, immortals, stalkers, chargelots, voids (and oracle/DT harass).

Protoss. True David Kim class.

Yoshichan

Also, widow mines can eat shit and digest even more shit

SamuraiX-

fOu (former FXO) disbands

Merry Christmas, SC2GAF. ;_;

I hope Seed gets picked up by a team.

Jeez, so there are currently only TWO (2) eSF teams left standing: StarTale and AZUBU.

Would love to see SPL try to incorporate them next season. There's no way StarTale disbands... right? ...right? ;_;

#dedgaem

Top Bottom