• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Sibylus

Banned
So instead of having a talk with his sponsor about his lack of drive and being released on good terms, he accepts more of their money, goes to the tournament, and throws when it isn't a complete walkover? Was that blurb supposed to make me feel sympathetic?

Zen

Banned
To some degree I am defending Naniwa because I am a sucker for a lost cause, but he did say that he talked to his sponsor numerous times.

Also why did you get your tag XD

Sibylus

Banned
To some degree I am defending Naniwa because I am a sucker for a lost cause, but he did say that he talked to his sponsor numerous times.

Also why did you get your tag XD
Talked to numerous times, yet failed to convey that he had no passion for the game anymore and didn't wish to play for that reason. Professionals are expected to convey these sorts of things before their employer/sponsor spends no small sum of money on their travel and accommodations. All else failing, you stand by that sentiment and discuss being released. You don't accept their money and mock your sponsors, your fans, and the tournament by blowing it out your asshole and walking off the stage. There is no coherent defense for such naked contempt for his job and the people who show up to make it happen.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Been watching #44... Destiny and TB dropping truth bombs ALL DAY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kFIbXANRKHs#t=1612

Edit: And I'll also echo that sentiment, Zen. Huge props to Chanman for consistently bringing in people for great discussion about current affairs in the scene on a weekly basis.
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd now I'm depressed.

Fuck good balance. Balance =/= Design. Balance =/= Entertaining
'Reflections' with NaNiwa: 1 hour in-depth interview (Episode 18)
http://www.ongamers.com/articles/reflections-with-naniwa/1100-1082/
I'll read the tl;dr of it, not expecting too much.

54:45 Losing love for SC2.
57:27 What he likes about League of Legends.
57:45 Is Faker more skilled/talented than someone like Scarlett?
59:53 Why doesn't he prefer Dota2?
lol

fanboi

Banned
This is a major reason why SC2 isn't a, outside of Korea, legit sport in my opinion. If you sign a deal with someone you follow it to the letter. Naniwa should have practiced, and tried to win the cup.

Afterwards, if no more obligations with sponsors or the team, sure, release him and let naniwa retire.

What would have happen if a quarterback or striker in top teams in soccer or football say 'Nah, I don't feel like it'... there would be legal ramifications.

SamuraiX-

gDb9kX8.jpg

XSewddR.png
'

GSL Global Tournament on April 24

Really looking forward to this. Should be amazing! Just please don't let Zest and soO make the Season 1 GSL Finals... -____-

Also, for my Terran brethren: How To Defend 2 Base Blink Play TvP

SamuraiX-

I don't get the soO hate. He's quietly been really good lately and it's not like he cheeses a lot.

I actually don't think he's that good at all, to be perfectly honest. He's just been fortunate enough to have to only practice one matchup (ZvP) over the past season or two of GSL and in this season's Proleague.

Also, let's not forget he takes the cake for most embarrassing failed Baneling bust of ALL TIME: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX9CspXREEI&t=2m57s

I actually don't think he's that good at all, to be perfectly honest. He's just been fortunate enough to have to only practice one matchup (ZvP) over the past season or two of GSL and in this season's Proleague.

Also, let's not forget he takes the cake for most embarrassing failed Baneling bust of ALL TIME: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX9CspXREEI&t=2m57s

^ Also he badmouthed Prime which makes him get on my shit list of players.

He has like a -3 vs Maru when he was on Prime and -2 vs MKP lol

Life has fucked up with his Banelings in both IEM and GSL lately. Bomber nuked most of his army last year at MLG. People make mistakes. You don't get deep in GSL 2 straight times because you're a scrub.

SamuraiX-

Life has fucked up with his Banelings in both IEM and GSL lately. Bomber nuked most of his army last year at MLG. People make mistakes. You don't get deep in GSL 2 straight times because you're a scrub.

We're not talking about a blunder 30 minutes or over an hour in an intense back and forth game. This is just a simple and standard Baneling bust very early into the game that a seasoned Bronze League player could execute almost flawlessly with a little practice. It takes quite a bit of directed effort to fail as hard as soO did in that game.

And I wouldn't say he's a total scrub. Probably legitimate Code S material... but Code S semifinals/finals material? Fuck no.

We're not talking about a blunder 30 minutes or over an hour in an intense back and forth game. This is just a simple and standard Baneling bust very early into the game that a seasoned Bronze League player could execute almost flawlessly with a little practice. It takes quite a bit of directed effort to fail as hard as soO did in that game.

And I wouldn't say he's a total scrub. Probably legitimate Code S material... but Code S semifinals/finals material? Fuck no.

RorO blew up extremely early Banelings on a Hatchery a few weeks ago in Proleague where he's been playing great (could have been GSL, not certain).

People said the exact thing about Maru in season 2 last year when he kept cheesing Innovation, but then he got deep in GSL the next season and proved he's not a baddie who got lucky. Past failure doesn't mean you're a scrub now, just like past success doesn't mean you're still great.

Boken

Banned
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd now I'm depressed.

Fuck good balance. Balance =/= Design. Balance =/= Entertaining

I'll read the tl;dr of it, not expecting too much.

lol

he's just sayin how he was wrong about mobas in general n dat theres more skill in them than he first imagined

he likes jungling in leeg so he prefers leeg over dota. n he likes the higher# of objectives in leeg (another junglr thing) n skillshots

sounds like he likes jungling

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
he's just sayin how he was wrong about mobas in general n dat theres more skill in them than he first imagined

he likes jungling in leeg so he prefers leeg over dota. n he likes the higher# of objectives in leeg (another junglr thing) n skillshots

sounds like he likes jungling
Well that's unfortunate now Kappa (4.4)

And I meant the rest of the interview, I did listen to that part, but thank you for taking the time to type it up.

Aaron

Tuned in just in time to catch Jaedong. He looked weak on the first game, but smashed the next two, even after getting hit hard by hellions.

SamuraiX-

Tuned in just in time to catch Jaedong. He looked weak on the first game, but smashed the next two, even after getting hit hard by hellions.

I thought the decision to go all-in off of 3 bases while constantly having a worker lead was questionable, especially with Happy already in an established defensive position... and then JD just embraced the true heart of the swarm and came in from every angle possible.

That was beautiful.

MMA and JD in the Ro8! They could potentially meet in the quarterfinals tomorrow. lawd jesus

Edit: Khaldor about to cast DeMu vs MajOr! :O

Edit2: Hot damn! Sick play from DeMu! I expected him to get 2-0'd. lol

SamuraiX-

I'm okay with this. Nice to see some upsets once in a while.

I like upsets just as much of the next guy, but now we get a semifinal of Stardust vs VortiX instead of MMA vs JD..................... <_<

Edit: jjakji vs Kas... Game 3... +40 minute game on Alterzim... one of the most insane Marine-Tank TvTs I've seen in a while lol

Edit2: Semifinals should be fun:

c4XS6uT.png

SamuraiX-

I don't know what StarDust was thinking there, lol

Probably just did the same kind of things he did to 2-0 JD but VortiX has been playing on another level in this tournament.

Just realized semifinals are Bo5. Nice!

Edit: I stepped out around 30 supply for both players on Frost... wtf happened!? lol

SamuraiX-

jjakji with dat triple bunker contain.

It was hilarious. After MajOr lost Game 5 to jjakji, he said he wanted to forfeit the third place match even though there's a $300 difference in prize money between 3rd and 4th place. The Vasacast guys had to plead with him to play. They compromised and made it a Bo3 instead of a Bo5 and MajOr won Game 2 and 3 to take it. Now he can sleep $300 richer than he would've been. lol

Actually, he made a beautiful read and hold against a standard Blink timing attack by StarDust in Game 3. It's a Polt style hold that I recommend everyone to check out.

SamuraiX-

Great game. VortiX was on fire this tournament.

Game 5 was in-fucking-SANE! VortiX loves flirting with that fine line that separates closing a game out and throwing the game. lol

You can tell he's been practicing his ZvT hardcore. He's gonna give his WCS group hell on Tuesday.

gg and congrats!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
i was at a bar tonight, talking to the bar keep and the locals, and id told the bar keep i was in seoul to watch esports, she mentioned it to a guy at the bar, and he was really interested! so i started throwing out names, specifically lim yo hwan , jaedong, and lim jae duk!

it was cool :) the guy got very excited and was high fiving me at ever mention, and turning to his friend to tell him!

yes :) esports! bring drunks together.

Zen

Banned
Sorry I have been busy arguing about Ukraine in OT guys, won;t happen again!

Blizzard still wants to make StarCraft Ghost
starcraft_ghost.jpg

ndefinitely postponed third-person spin-off StarCraft Ghost may return "some day", Blizzard producer Alex Mayberry has teased, adding that it's still a game Blizzard would "like to do".

"I think the idea is still perfectly viable," Mayberry told VideoGamer.com while discussing the game ahead of tomorrow's launch of Diablo 3 expansion Reaper of Souls. "I don't know if we'll ever do it but I think it's something we'd like to do."

StarCraft Ghost was first announced over a decade ago and promised to offer a third-person twist on Blizzard's popular RTS universe. The game was expected to be Blizzard's first major foray into console development, and was thought to focus largely around stealth and team-based third-person combat.

"When we set out to do it originally we were GameCube, PS2 and Xbox," Mayberry continued, "and after we shelved that I used to say that at that time we were very ready to make a Blizzard game on consoles but those consoles weren't ready for a Blizzard game. We just couldn't quite get what we wanted to do just because of those machines at the time."

But could PS4 and Xbox One finally provide Blizzard with the tech to realise its vision for Ghost?

"I don't know," Mayberry adds. "Maybe some day we'll take another look at that but I don't think it'll be any time soon. I think it's an idea that still lives inside the halls of Blizzard."

Blizzard's latest title, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, launches on PC and Mac at midnight tonight.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/scii_h...zard_still_wants_to_make_starcraft_ghost.html

Yes please. In fact wasn't there some silly third person Nova custom game they showed f initially when they were going over the editor for Wings of Liberty? Does anyone have a link? Was it ever put up on the arcade?

Dat ass

Blizzard planning to let players preview new maps prior to next seasons ladder

Our current plan is to allow the 2014 Ladder Season 2 maps to be played prior to the start of the season. We’re hoping to have them ready for everyone to try out very soon.

Syf

Banned
Well shit I'm pretty drunk but you shouldn't tell people that because last couple times I was drunk I ended up in, uh, fist micro with some gents but that's not important they deserved it anyway I don't like fights but I had to because they were insulting my boyfriend haha yeah well there's your line ball to left field in group terms here we go

Top Bottom