• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

So DH Bucharest is going on at the same time as the GSL global playoffs? These next few weeks are going to be hao;ishduas

Didn't even realize this.

lawd

Meanwhile, Team ForGG in the process of all killing Empire-Fnatic

Also! MMA vs HyuN in a Bo1 Ro32 match in today's Go4SC2 Cup!

KOc5thk.png

fuckin LOL

perfect

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anything above low fucking puts my framerate down to 50-60 whenever I run with 200/200 army.

Zen

Banned
Didn't incontrol make it to round of 8 in some tournament recently but had to leave because his schedule did not plan on him making it that far? Maybe he is getting better recently.

survivor

Banned
Didn't incontrol make it to round of 8 in some tournament recently but had to leave because his schedule did not plan on him making it that far? Maybe he is getting better recently.

Yeah but that was an NA only tourney and his group had avilo. It can't get any easier than this.

Zen

Banned
MK did a hilarious ask me anything. (Yoshi I think you might have a chance!)
http://ask.fm/MKPS2

Some favorites

Personal favourites for me:
do u love leenock
i love leenock's abdomen
Favourite foreign team?
Evil Genius
Do you love Maru?
Maru is my son ..
which protoss player you thought is most best?
Zest or Rain or Parting or Creator or Dear or sOs or herO or HerO or state or stats or Classic or MC or Choya
stream plz
stream start soon ~!
Do you want to marry me? please...
Come on my honey ~ <3
Hey MKP, who is your favorite foreign pro player, not including State ?
My favortie foreign pro player is White-Ra !! :D
You going to any foreign tournaments soon?
MLG anaheim
:D The whole thing is golden though.

what division did you reach in LoL ?
mental care

SHOUTcraft Clan Wars returns on Monday!

MVP vs Startale - Monday, Apr 14 11:00pm UTC (GMT+00:00)

New Pompeii - (Z)Shine vs (Z)Life

Fallen Dreams - (P)Super vs (T)Legend

(2v2) Sacred Path - (Z)Sniper and (T)KeeN vs (T)Hack and (Z)Life

Neo Keru - (T)KeeN vs (T)Hack

Neo Jungle Valley - (P)Billowy vs (Z)Pet

New Polaris Rhapsody - (P)TAiLS vs SKS

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-tournaments/443470-shoutcraft-clan-wars-official-thread#1

Pure CTF - Rework (and a little GameHeart info)

Hey guys, I am considering doing a complete rework of Pure CTF in preparation for the Arcade contest ending next month.

There are a lot of bugs in Pure CTF that need to be fixed but I am curious what other things you guys would like to see that would draw you in the play the game more.

Currently on the list for implementation:

Bug fixes (no more flag duping etc).

Scoreboard (showing flag captures, flag carry distance, flag returns and deaths... probably no kills but I am still thinking about it).

Odd man out mode after a player drops or goes AFK in the middle of the game so it alternates between active players on the enemy team to keep teams even.

New game modes like deathmatch and racing (you balance offense and defense by trying to complete laps around the arena or stopping your opponent from doing so).

More arenas.

What do YOU want to see? How can I change it so you will want to play regularly?

And some GameHeart info: GameHeart is still alive. I have been struggling to fix a problem with the logos module which has prevented me from adding any new teams for quite some time. Due to the need to take on freelance work I have not been able to just sit down and hammer it out but it will be fixed soon.

We will also be releasing a new interface very soon, and I am pretty excited about it. We are just finishing it up trying to get everything pixel perfect.

GameHeart Live Data has been available for testing for awhile now. It also outputs data in JSON now so if you are interested in experimenting with it please give it a try, it is contained in an extension mod called "Live Data Test". Make sure you set Live Data to "ON" in the lobby before loading the game. It outputs the data into your userlogs folder in Documents/Starcraft II

In particular if there are some high level/pro players that want to test GameHeart Live Data to make sure there is no noticeable change on their gameplay experience that would be lovely.

Thanks guys!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i am gonna give it a try

once mkp comes to dh

Zen

Banned
I know this is not the proleague thread but I just wanted to comment on the new proleague map Maze.

Maze.jpg

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/index.php?title=File:Maze.jpg&filetimestamp=20140412000122&

At first I looked at this map and laughed, but that was before I saw it played in a PvP the other day in KT versus Jin Air and realized that the map is dominated by destructible rocks. It is like Browders dream map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiAE...jcJhxHTsOALpta779c17Qq8&feature=share&index=2

I kind of like it, since all the rocks and segmented terrain creates some really neat containment and engagement concepts. The way the map is made not only makes the rocks a pretty complex strategy, but also creates compartmentalization of skirmishes across the map, while giving a lot of viability to positioning and drops. It almost looks like it could be the Starcraft II equivalent of checkers potentially.

Between this and the 2v2 map in Shoutcraft, it seems like map makers are finding ways to use the rocks better than Blizzard map makers ever have.

Also between Proleague and Shoutcraft, I pretty much only tune into GSL for favorite players. I just prefer the team BO1 format, makes for a flurry of different matchup and strats in quick succession, and both proleague and shoutcraft are pretty good about having decently quick map rotations, which I am convinced is kind of one of the keys to keeping SCII fresh, balance tweaks be damned.

zargle

I know this is not the proleague thread but I just wanted to comment on the new proleague map Maze.

Reminds me of that map proleague had when they first started out, Arkanoid, where there were indestructible rocks that self-destructed at a certain point and walled in bases entirely.

kasane

Why am i back at bronze when i was top 1 silver ( by a wide margin ) last season?

If i didn't take a 1 month vacation i swear i could have been already top 8 gold or some shit

Zen

Banned
The game likes to under value you in placement at the start of every season D: Every season reset is your own personal Rocky III moment.

kasane

The game likes to under value you in placement at the start of every season D: Every season reset is your own personal Rocky III moment.

but last season they put me straight into silver D:

now im top 99 bronze so im not feeling the game right now :X

I was top 8 diamond and got put in plat. Doesn't worry me, if i'm good enough for diamond i'll be back soon enough. I'd probably be a bit annoyed if i made masters and dropped out though (that's way more difficult).

zargle

Didnt they change it so that the only way to fall down leagues is during placement? So that could be a reason for lower seeding, wider margin of error in player skill level.

kasane

Well i manhandled the bronze guy i was playing in placement. But eh w/e last time i was like top 70 bronze then they put me into silver after beating 1 silver and 1 gold

SamuraiX-

GOM announced the two groups for the first group stage at the GSL global championship:

l6lAOfj.png

Sweet fuck, those are gonna be some delicious games.

Damn shame only one gets to advance from each.

Gogo FanTaSy/DRG and Flash/Maru!!

Randam

bought WoL today. (searched for the WoL OT but the last post is from august)

was in the mood for a RTS.
never played SC befor.
only the old C&Cs.

so, I read this game is hard? :D

kasane

bought WoL today. (searched for the WoL OT but the last post is from august)

was in the mood for a RTS.
never played SC befor.
only the old C&Cs.

so, I read this game is hard? :D

well if you have the mechanics down from other RTSs then you're okay

Syf

Banned
I played mainly C&C games before coming to Starcraft as well. The campaign is fairly easy to get into. It will introduce you to the terran gameplay smoothly. I didn't find the game hard until I started playing vs AI in a standard game and of course laddering. Worth the effort to learn it though; SC2 is by far my favorite RTS now despite the (mostly) abysmal state of the current meta. Tried to go back to play some C&C games for shits and giggles but I found they feel slow and unresponsive compared to SC2. Hope you like it.

Zen

Banned
Is this that guy who use to pour food on himself and scream all the time? He made me afraid to play Brood War.

WAIT HE STILL STREAMS (if same guy?)

Anyone remember the zvt on heavy rain LE that went like 45min most of the map was mined out. The zerg tried to win with a hero ultra with like 25 queens and the terran surrounded his last base with barracks to protect it. Any links?

i recommend playing the original SC + BW

Could you expand on this recommendation?

I'm in the same situation as Randam (except I got both WoL and HoTs) and I've never played SC before. I've started following some of the tournaments and gotten my head around a lot of the theory thanks to the great commentators. I've loved watching both MMA and MC in their previous games leading up to the finals (have yet to watch the European finals though).

I've played part way through the campaign in WoL using only hotkeys to build things as the first step in my 'training', but I'm still a bit slow with some things (like setting and using viewpoint hotkeys and any sort of microing of units) which I'm sure is mostly down to familiarity with the game/controls.

For what reason do you recommend playing the original? It's pretty cheap to pick up, and I'm sure the campaign would be fun but I'd like to hear a little more.

kasane

I wouldnt recommend training in the campaign since its quite different. If its mechanics then sure. I think he is only recommending SC:BW for the story as you wouldnt really get anything out from it, if anything i bet you would get frustrated in multiplayer

Boken

Banned
Could you expand on this recommendation?

I'm in the same situation as Randam (except I got both WoL and HoTs) and I've never played SC before. I've started following some of the tournaments and gotten my head around a lot of the theory thanks to the great commentators. I've loved watching both MMA and MC in their previous games leading up to the finals (have yet to watch the European finals though).

I've played part way through the campaign in WoL using only hotkeys to build things as the first step in my 'training', but I'm still a bit slow with some things (like setting and using viewpoint hotkeys and any sort of microing of units) which I'm sure is mostly down to familiarity with the game/controls.

For what reason do you recommend playing the original? It's pretty cheap to pick up, and I'm sure the campaign would be fun but I'd like to hear a little more.

yeah sorry, i assumed randam was playing sc2 for the single player experience and on that front i would highly recommend sc+bw over sc2.

if youre interested in esports and multiplayer, i would say to just play sc2. and agreed with kasane, single player doesnt really help you with multiplayer.

I wouldnt recommend training in the campaign since its quite different. If its mechanics then sure. I think he is only recommending SC:BW for the story as you wouldnt really get anything out from it, if anything i bet you would get frustrated in multiplayer

yeah sorry, i assumed randam was playing sc2 for the single player experience and on that front i would highly recommend sc+bw over sc2.

if youre interested in esports and multiplayer, i would say to just play sc2. and agreed with kasane, single player doesnt really help you with multiplayer.

Thanks, I do enjoy the single player campaigns but multiplayer is what keeps me coming back to certain games. So when i play through the single player I like to get used to some of the mechanics (using hotkeys to build things, as simple as it sounds is something that needs to be learnt and practiced). An unfortunate result of this is I only really understand the Terran. So when I scout zerg and protoss bases I don't actually know what I'm looking at hehe.

So as you guys recommend I'll just keep playing the multiplayer (start playing as the other races too).

On the topic of Korean SC2 what are the korean leagues (if any) to check out on youtube?

Top Bottom