• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

kasane

Thanks, I do enjoy the single player campaigns but multiplayer is what keeps me coming back to certain games. So when i play through the single player I like to get used to some of the mechanics (using hotkeys to build things, as simple as it sounds is something that needs to be learnt and practiced). An unfortunate result of this is I only really understand the Terran. So when I scout zerg and protoss bases I don't actually know what I'm looking at hehe.

So as you guys recommend I'll just keep playing the multiplayer (start playing as the other races too).

On the topic of Korean SC2 what are the korean leagues (if any) to check out on youtube?

proleague and gsl code s. you should also try to play against bots and edit your hotkeys so you can find the more comfortable setup for you

Zen

Banned
Flash needs to confidence boost that only dozens of cheering fangirls can provide.

Seriously though he gets such big crowds (and enthusiasm) at Proleague.

Aaron

Happy just crushed the Golden with a tank, viking, thor triple threat in the Copenhagen games. Golden isn't a top zerg, but it was still impressive.

Zen

Banned
Destiny went balls deep on the last Unfiltered.

LOL

The comment about 2nd graders getting computer privileges for the day and raiding Reddit was gold. bahaha

Man I was going to post this, if someone made a Top 5 Destiny moments of the year competition, this would certain get a place.

Here is the glorious unedited rant http://youtu.be/st-XF0gGfO4?t=42s

Proleague Top 5 Plays of the Week https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvdJYLQzyXk#t=301

1ie2O8i.jpg

Yes please.

Nom

So is anyone watching the global tournament? Such a good line-up but man this format kills my hype somewhat.

Edit: Oh at least it's not best of 1, i was worried for a moment.

SamuraiX-

Looks like we have our reason why RorO forfeited his spot in the Global Tournament: KeSPA sends RorO to DreamHack Bucharest

KeSPA will be paying travel support for RorO. As a new policy this season, KeSPA is sending players who won the Round MVP award in Proleague or placed 1st~2nd in the rankings to international tournaments. The players ranked ahead of RorO declined to participate, thus the opportunity fell to RorO.

RorO has forfeited his participation in the GSL Global Tournament as a result.

For reference, Maru won the MVP award for both Proleague Round 1 & 2. RorO is currently 5th place in the Proleague rankings behind herO, TY, Flash, and Maru.

That's actually really cool. I forgot about that.

We got MLG Anaheim and DreamHack Summer coming up in June so hopefully we'll see some more KeSPA representation there.

SamuraiX-

But why did those 4 pass up the chance to travel I wonder?

Flash and Maru obviously chose the Global Championship over DreamHack.

TY has no reason. Unless he thought he was actually gonna make it out of Code A and wanted to prepare for Code S. herO of course is in Code S so he may want to rest/prepare just in case his group is first.

Flash and Maru obviously chose the Global Championship over DreamHack.

TY has no reason. Unless he thought he was actually gonna make it out of Code A and wanted to prepare for Code S. herO of course is in Code S so he may want to rest/prepare just in case his group is first.

Hero is the strangest one. He has actually had success outside of Korea pretty recently and seemed to have a good time as well. Kinda sucks as those 4 players would have been so much better to see at dreamhack.

Still it's an awesome initiative from kespa and just makes the proleague any better. I bagged it out more than anyone last year (and it was garbage) but they have really made it awesome this year. They have just done so many things right.

Zen

Banned
I remember when people use to make fun of Destiny and write him off as some Deezer esque trash in our noble esports scene. Glad to see people have come around, considering he is quite smart.

Syf

Banned
I like Apollo's tutorial videos. On my phone so can't get a link but his channel is ApolloSC2. He has tutorials for each race and knows what he's talking about being around the pro scene so much. Day9 also has good beginner videos.

I'll edit in the links when I'm on my comp.

Edit: Looks like Samurai's got ya covered

Randam

thanks for the 2 channals.
looked at some videos.
not sure if that is the right stuff for me right now.

was looking for some real beginner tips.
for people only played a little RTS in their life and no SC yet at all.

- how to set up your base
- how to set up your arme
- how to controll the game
- tips/tricks with keyboard and mouse
and stuff like that.

SamuraiX-

thanks for the 2 channals.
looked at some videos.
not sure if that is the right stuff for me right now.

was looking for some real beginner tips.
for people only played a little RTS in their life and no SC yet at all.

- how to set up your base
- how to set up your arme
- how to controll the game
- tips/tricks with keyboard and mouse
and stuff like that.

Day9 made some great in-depth videos back in the day to help newcomers:

Aaron

Heh. It's not correct though. Even massing marines won't help, especially on maps with plenty of ridges for mutas to fly around.

Zen

Banned
Isn't that an old BW flowchart?

META Episode #24 - Artosis / BabyKnight / Snute / Dayshi

Reminder, Unfiltered #49 will be on in 3 and half hours. Alas Richard Lewis is on, but Sapinda is one of the topics so it makes perfect sense. I just hope he doesn't talk for 80% of the show. Last weeks (that just had Redeye) was really listenable and refreshing.

Unfiltered #49 today 5pm EDT/11pm CEST w/ Destiny, Richard Lewis, ChanManV, and guest Cody Connors - Post questions (starts in 4 hours)

Hosts: ChanManV and Destiny
Guests: Richard Lewis and Cody Connors
Show Date/Time: Today 17:00 EDT / 23:00 CEST

Topics:

Sapinda
Reddit
MLG Qualifer
Dreamhack Bucharest
Destiny schedule/game
Sub Call-ins (Depending how that goes there could be open call-ins too)
Viewer Q&A from Reddit questions
and more!
"Unfiltered" is a show where ChanManV, Destiny, and guests will discuss several topics in the eSport/gaming/anything industry each week. The goal is to get some interesting discussions/debates going with the viewers and communities while having a relaxed fun time. We may also have special community guests from time to time. We will be taking questions from this Reddit thread and stream chat towards the end of the episode.

POST ALL YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

Syf

Banned
BlizzCon announced for November 7-8. Hope the WCS final is held there again.

Edit: confirmed now, WCS final back at BlizzCon for $100k.

SamuraiX-

Looks like TY and INnoVation will be at DreamHack Bucharest.

I think this is TY's first time participating in a tournament outside of Korea, right?

Mad respect to KeSPA again for taking this initiative.

Top Bottom