• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Zen

Banned
That was great.. amazing control everywhere. Too bad the next two games weren't. I like Maru but wish he wouldn't cheese so much.

Also TB's Shoutcraft Invitational is looking great. There's still three more players to reveal and the lineup so far is Flash, Life, HerO, Bbyong and DRG.

I love it if only that it gives him character (that and how he looks perma bored at all times) and it makes Tasteless hilarious.

http://sc2hl.com/highlight/1175

Syf

Banned
Hahah, I missed that song. Awesome. And the sixth player was just revealed for the Shoutcraft tournament: herO. Gonna be fun to watch next weekend. Hopefully Jaedong is one of the last two.. would love to see some JD vs Flash.

Zen

Banned
Wait, so Liquid Hero and CJ Hero? Tres cool if you ask me. This is one heck of a tournament.

Hopefully TBs surgery goes well.

Syf

Banned
God damn why do I only play team league when I'm drunk it always places us in bronze lol

Basically if any casual sc players want a ridiculous team to play on join me, we're guaranteed noob-tier

Syf

Banned
Which is funny because my friends dog me about being masters 1v1 and shit-tier in team lol. Guess I just don't care about team leagues

Syf

Banned
Sorry for the shitposting.

Here's a corgi gif to make it all right

n5bkDdz.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn it YoshiChan- i have been getting back into Heart of the swarm and i am just curious about the changes they may make.
Let me sum it up for you:

Terran and zerg will get shat on

Protoss will get stronger

Final SC2 results, all expansions included: Protoss wins

Cross posted from Mechanical keyboard thread:

I have a Rosewill mechanical keyboard. Recently I've been having issues with it where it disconnects from my computer. It only happens during Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Doesn't happen during CS:Go or other games so far. I can't tell if it's just due to the way I use it in those 2 games that it only happens then and it hasn't happened in another game yet or if it's those games. Anyone have any idea?

It comes back after a 5-10 seconds but it's getting really annoying.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Cross posted from Mechanical keyboard thread:

I have a Rosewill mechanical keyboard. Recently I've been having issues with it where it disconnects from my computer. It only happens during Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Doesn't happen during CS:Go or other games so far. I can't tell if it's just due to the way I use it in those 2 games that it only happens then and it hasn't happened in another game yet or if it's those games. Anyone have any idea?

It comes back after a 5-10 seconds but it's getting really annoying.
Usually something plugged in causing a short.

Any old or extra USB things plugged in like a printer / cell charger?

Would really like to know where they are getting their numbers for these though.

More evidence of the hellion buff being pretty meaningless
http://youtu.be/phNiKPekaSM?t=7m10s

I think Roach/Hydra will become more popular in ZvT with this change. Watched Supernova's stream last night. A Zerg tried a Roach all-in against him that failed. Supernova was able to push across and kill his 3rd but not much else. Supernova was going bio/Hellbat and instead of switching to Ling/Baneling/Muta like normal the Zerg instead went Roach/Hydra and got burrowed movement as well. Burrowed Roaches did a ton of damage to his economy despite having a turret at his natural and Hellbats do shit to Roach/Hydra unless they can get on top of them. Game turned into a base race that Supernova eventually lost.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
shhhhhh

all of you

just shhh

Zen

Banned
Well in his defense he ALMOST ended the game right then and there! Had he microd his hellbats when the zerg pulled his natural drone line into the main!

So close to boss toss status, so close!

Yoshichan

30 more minutes till I grow one more level irl :3

Yoshichan

Zen

Banned
TB has had the surgery, no spreading to other organs. So hopefully some chemo and scalpel and all will be well.

Zen

Banned
Just won an fantastic TvZ and a TvP back to back.
TvZ was mech hellion/hellbat thor tank into base trade into mass raven BC (when all I had left was 1 island base). TvP I opened marauder widow mine but he took a ninja base and started pumping carriers. He got his natural (third up) and I realized I needed to buy time, I saw his army was by his main so I pressured his top base where the air is being build, he recalled to there so I be lined for him natural and main, and then split up my forces to hit all three bases mineral lines, from so many back and forth moments, I went viking widow mine thor ghost (with hellion support).

I can upload them or send them to anyone who is interested.

The secret to Maru's 2rax said:
Where should I host the replays so no one will watch them?

I made a 16 minute video about Maru's recent 2rax build vs Roro. Thorough, but that is how i like it

The main points I cover are - Roro's counter 2-rax build and reaction - other possible zerg reactions - Maru's 2rax build opener - Maru's bunker placement & timing - Maru's followup goal and follow up strategy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSFD5eo4XQc

Find my other episodes organized by matchup: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/445776-gm-terran-webseries-tips-tricks-answers

Leave a comment on a specific topic you want answered and I'll try to get to it when my time allows and don't forget to subscribe!

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/276ic2/the_secret_to_marus_2rax/

Going to start mixing it in
After practicing with someone for bit

Zen

Banned
Bracket for Dragon Invitational #2

ESGN STUDIO TO CLOSE; STAFF CONTRACTS TERMINATED

IN WHAT HAS PROVEN TO BE A TURBULENT TIME FOR THE EMERGING E-SPORTS STUDIO NEWS IS NOW FILTERING THROUGH THAT THE STUDIO IS SET TO SHUT DOWN. RECENT REPORTS HAD REVEALED THAT THE STUDIO HAD FAILED TO PAY ITS PERSONNEL FOR MONTHS, PROMPTING A STATEMENT THAT THEY HOPED TO SETTLE ALL OUTSTANDING DEBTS BY THE END OF JUNE.

However our sources have revealed to us that whether or not this is the case the studio will be ceasing operations and has fired all its production talent. This expands to personalities such as Dan "Frodan" Chou who was seen by many as the face of the studio’s output.

Read more at link

Unfiltered #55 today 5pm EDT/10pm CEST w/ ChanManV, Destiny, ReDeYe, and Cody Conners (starts in ~ 3 hrs)[Show] (self.starcraft)
submitted 3 hours ago by ChanmanV
WATCH LIVE

Hosts: ChanManV and Destiny
Guests: ReDeYe and Cody Conners
Show Date/Time: Today 17:00 EDT / 23:00 CEST

Topics:

Homestory Cup, Shoutcraft Invitational
ESGN
CLG Leaves Azubu
NiP LoL players suspended/released
and lots more!
Sub Call-ins (Depending how that goes there could be open call-ins too)
Viewer Q&A from Reddit questions
and more!
"Unfiltered" is a show where ChanManV, Destiny, and guests will discuss several topics in the eSport/gaming/anything industry each week. The goal is to get some interesting discussions/debates going with the viewers and communities while having a relaxed fun time. We may also have special community guests from time to time. We will be taking questions from this Reddit thread and stream chat towards the end of the episode.

Naniwa having second thoughts over his switch
https://twitter.com/NaNiwaSC2/status/473896766296051712

Yoshichan

Thanks so much guys!

Zen

Banned
...Well what are the odds.

Uh, I sent your information to the guys who can add people to the clan!

I was just checking if profile links in game open the same way that arcade links do. XD

Top Bottom