• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm off to Dreamhack!

See ya'll there :D

Jumped right in at the deep end with the multi. I assumed I'd be paired with similarly unexperienced guys.

Won my first game today though! Well I say I won but I barely took part. My team mate was level 81 against two level 10s so he soundly best them both while I tried a zero rush

PM me if you ever want to have some 1 on 1 time.

Syf

Banned
Finally finished all the outmatched achievements. What a pain in the ass lol

And ty for the thread demosthenes!

Son1x

539eb325266be.png

Liquibet at its finest :D

Syf

Banned
Why am I just now discovering the 1v1 Obs HotS (peepmode) arcade game. Takes 10 players or so into a sort of in-game lobby and lets you either play a game or observe games. You can bet on the winner and talk with the other observers. Why couldn't blizz implement something like this? Sometimes all I wanna do is observe and chat with people. Especially now when it's a champagne night. Champagne is truly op, I can't fault taeja for losing to it.

Zen

Banned
http://terrancraft.wordpress.com/2014/06/18/current-tvz-metagame-and-hellbat/

Every terran should study these, showing that the hellbat change has done exactly what Blizzard intended.

This matchup may have shifted slightly in-favor of Zerg recently. While we believe full army vs. army-play is fine, Zerg players seem to be getting to the later stages with an advantage more often than not. We’re investigating whether we can make a slight tweak earlier in the game to keep Zerg economy from scaling too quickly.

Aaron

Yeah, I was pretty surprised when Scarlett crushed Polt in the first series, but she was on an roll. Little to no mistakes in every game except the one she lost. While Polt played decently, but nothing that was going to break her streak.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just fought someone TvT, he expanded literally in every mineral field in the map, making every single cc into planetery fortress with a bunch of turrets around them.

It was impossible for my bio to keep up killing the planeteries since all he did was rebuild them and I lose a huge chunk of marines each time I engaged them.

Then he came with maxed out battlecruisers, after my marines had been crumpled, and won.

I don't know what I should do right now? Do I honestly just take a kitchen knife and stab myself through my heart because I honestly feel like doing it right now. I need to find the number for suicide line because right now, honestly? After that match? I've never felt so much anger in my life and I'm doing my absolute best not to break literally everything I've bought in my apartment. But that's truly how I feel right now. I do feel that if I met this player in real life, I would do things to him, so vulgar, Hannibal would even be scared of me.

Just fought someone TvT, he expanded literally in every mineral field in the map, making every single cc into planetery fortress with a bunch of turrets around them.

It was impossible for my bio to keep up killing the planeteries since all he did was rebuild them and I lose a huge chunk of marines each time I engaged them.

Then he came with maxed out battlecruisers, after my marines had been crumpled, and won.

I don't know what I should do right now? Do I honestly just take a kitchen knife and stab myself through my heart because I honestly feel like doing it right now. I need to find the number for suicide line because right now, honestly? After that match? I've never felt so much anger in my life and I'm doing my absolute best not to break literally everything I've bought in my apartment. But that's truly how I feel right now. I do feel that if I met this player in real life, I would do things to him, so vulgar, Hannibal would even be scared of me.

Sounds like you got trolled by Dragon. Just let it go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwJ6vX8ec5s

Yoshichan

Yeah this game is beyond saving and I wish Blizzard would just officially declare this game dead. As in, no need to even release that last toss expansion because guess what? It's gonna be shit. Just like HotS. Just like WoL.

Yeah this game is beyond saving and I wish Blizzard would just officially declare this game dead. As in, no need to even release that last toss expansion because guess what? It's gonna be shit. Just like HotS. Just like WoL.

Game is awesome dude. Go outside, look at the stars, take a breath and come back in.

Yoshichan

Game is awesome dude. Go outside, look at the stars, take a breath and come back in.
No. It's fucking horrible and anyone who convinces themselves that it's good needs to actually play the game. It's abysmal. There's a reason why everyone is quitting this dead game.

No. It's fucking horrible and anyone who convinces themselves that it's good needs to actually play the game. It's abysmal. There's a reason everyone is quitting this dead piece of shit game.

I probably play 3 hours a night. I watch pretty much every tournament. You're the king of hyperbole, and you did not disappoint.

Yoshichan

Guess I am not reaching my goals this season

Ask me if I give a shit

Yoshichan

Have you considered counselling?
Been there, done that
Aw fuck it, what am I sayin'?
Shoot'em both Grady!

Yoshichan

Well fair enough, just don't put too much pressure on yourself man! What was your goal this season?
Play the game for four days non-stop without getting frustrated (the impossible part, apparently). And get to masters before the season ends (the possible part, if I just keep fucking playing and convince myself that 3 wins:1 loss is not a bad ratio to have at diamond league).

Zen

Banned
Well its not, mmr decay does not kick in that fast. Even if you only play, like, 4 games a week, as long as you are 3-1, that is great and the system will keep moving you up.

V_Arnold

Play the game for four days non-stop without getting frustrated (the impossible part, apparently). And get to masters before the season ends (the possible part, if I just keep fucking playing and convince myself that 3 wins:1 loss is not a bad ratio to have at diamond league).

Without sleep? o_O

Zen

Banned
Well no wonder you raged, I mean it is not a sport you are getting paid for, why not just take it easy and enjoy the game at a decent pace. If you play semi frequently next season you will get masters I am sure.

ladder_in_numbers.png

V_Arnold

2 days, sleep, 2 days, sleep was the plan

Well, sorry to break it to you, but that is just your body acting up. Try being calm when under sleep depriavation. Even a fucking breakfast will feel like hell to you when you have not slept in more than a day. Especially SCII cheesing. :)

Yoshichan

Finally managed to get a new mouse

Can't play SC2 for shit with this one though. It's either too high sens or too low...

Zen

Banned
Check the mouse sensitivity on the os level? I just use the cheapest logitech mouse available, works like a charm

Logtiec m325

Zen

Banned
Destiny will be saving esports once again

hread made as a consolidation of what we know until Destiny makes his own post. Some stuff pulled from twitter, some added at his request.
What we know so far:
It will be similar in format and funding to Dragon's tournament, with Destiny and any other potential sponsor's footing the bill.
16 players, 8 non-barcode players off NA ladder and 8 invited koreans. Games will be played on NA Server.
Europeans are welcome to qualify through NA ladder if they like because EU to KR lag is horrible.
Prize is tentatively set at 2.5k, with a larger budget including money for art/slides between games.
No bikini or other shenanigans like Dragon did. Intended to be more serious.
Destiny's intent with running the tournament is to find out if this kind of grassroots online tournament is profitable.
Further information will be released Tuesday by destiny himself.
Mama Bonnell has pledged cookies for the event if it's a lan (https://twitter.com/mibonnell/status/481123097290891264)
Destiny is looking for ideas concerning the following:
Where to advertise
Ways to generate revenue to fund this and larger prize pools
Format suggestions. Tentative format being 16 players going into 4 groups with each including 2 Koreans and 2 Foreigners. The groups funnel into a single elimination 8 person bracket that wil go Bo5 first round -> Bo7 Semis -> Bo9 finals.

Zen

Banned
I bought some 100 dollar mechanical keyboard once because I was convinced it would help my starcraft game, it wa s steelseries and what a peice of garbage.

Top Bottom