• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
V_Arnold said:
Dude.....Homestory Cup says hi also.
You can copy paste his entire achievements list if you want and it would still not justify the (rumored) six figure salary.

of course I'm not the one calling the shots here, but I hope he spends his money on crack and hoes

fanboi

Banned
MrKnives said:
Weren't some of the WC3 players getting payed 6 figures also. That's before it all crashed and burned that is.

So you are saying...

EDIT: Also, why did you type korean to me yesterday? ^^

Striek

HolyCheck said:
WoWnStarcraft Jungwon Chae
IMIdrA ? #GSL
He just posted "http://gomtv.net Code A Ro.8 you can find what I mean hehe" in response to ???

Even more ?????? to me.

Edit: Doesn't Chae cast the Code A?

LOL I didn't know about EG announcement. nice timing.. and sorry for trolling :) but 1 fact is "I like IdrA "
-Chea

"You're still young and naive dear apprentice, let me show you the ways of the trollforce"
-HotBid

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
HuK joining EG probably makes sense for him financially, but as a player (assuming he leaves the oGs House) he'll suffer.

MrKnives

fanboi said:
So you are saying...

EDIT: Also, why did you type korean to me yesterday? ^^

I'm saying that they are getting paid way too much. Sad thing is that this isn't the first time there has been a "bubble" in esports where the prizes were huge and people getting paid a ton of money. All of that ended in a huge fail so I'm just concerned to see it going the same way. Granted his looks bigger than those community and interest-wise.

I wrote you korean because... I don't know why really. Sometimes it changes to korean because I have it.

Also Mr.Chae is the head dude from GOM / Caster.

My first reaction to IM - EG merge was "no fucking way" but then again they aren't sponsored that well from what I have read and it's the main reason you don't see them a lot in the foreign events. If this means they will be properly paid and taken care of I'm all for it.
Because if in SC2 anyone deserves 6 figure salary it's Nestea

Q8D3vil

Because if in SC2 anyone deserves 6 figure salary it's Nestea
i'll agree with you if it was prior to see him play in group a but not right now.
he got manhandled by mma.
can't wait for his match against mvp.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
i'll agree with you if it was prior to see him play in group a but not right now.
he got manhandled by mma.
can't wait for his match against mvp.

You don't have to be unbeatable to be the best. What comes to his winratio it's almost unbeatable in bo5 or bo7.
He does struggle against T though but still. Just seeing that even if he loses to MVP he is still the best player in SC2 and I doubt there are many who will challenge that.
That said I don't know if even Nestea is worth 6 figures, but if anyone it's him.

Q8D3vil

Ikuu said:
Win 3 GSL, lose a match. Act like player isn't all that great.
if you are getting that kind of money you need to be a god.
mma proved that he isn't one yet.

he even barely lost to happy.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
if you are getting that kind of money you need to be a god.
mma proved that he isn't one yet.

he even barely lost to happy.

Nobody is unbeatable damnit. Flash is as close as you get to god in starcraft and even he loses. Saying you can't lose a single fucking game is ridiculous

V_Arnold

Devil, get real for one moment, please.
MMA is awesome. He has real talents. It is no problem for Nestea to lose to a talented player like him. It is not like Terran does not have 365+1 ways of dismantling Zerg if caught off-guard. So, do not make this a bigger deal than it really is.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
Nobody is unbeatable damnit. Flash is as close as you get to god in starcraft and even he loses. Saying you can't lose a single fucking game is ridiculous
not talking about losing games.
i'm talking about barely making it.
after seeing his run in the past gsl he seem to be pretty lucky with the opponents he is getting, we also see him choose the worst players in group stage (which is intelligent but sometime it
backfires like what happened with san)

anyway, mvp vs nestea will be interesting to see.

edit: my point is that i feel that nobody is even near deserving that number of figures right now, not nestea not huk and not even mvp.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
not talking about losing games.
i'm talking about barely making it.
after seeing his run in the past gsl he seem to be pretty lucky with the opponents he is getting, we also see him choose the worst players in group stage (which is intelligent but sometime it
backfires like what happened with san)

anyway, mvp vs nestea will be interesting to see.

edit: my point is that i feel that nobody is even near deserving that number of figures right now, not nestea not huk and not even mvp.

In that I agree. That's why I said that if anyone is deserving it would be Nestea. But that kinda money is too much for what we have now.

Even Nestea have said he has problem with Terran so I can see him losing to MVP. MVP even cancelled his travels to Raleigh because he said he will win over Nestea (Nestea to Raleigh yeye?)

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
In that I agree. That's why I said that if anyone is deserving it would be Nestea. But that kinda money is too much for what we have now.

Even Nestea have said he has problem with Terran so I can see him losing to MVP. MVP even cancelled his travels to Raleigh because he said he will win over Nestea (Nestea to Raleigh yeye?)
i wish if it was nestea over coca but i guess he is not interested in 5k, can't blame him.

and the EG/Liquid saga continues

VV29P.png

MrKnives

I wonder how long it will take to reddit get flooded with HuK joining the Dark Side pictures. Darth Vader will be playing SirScoots ofc

syllogism

EG hate is pretty ridiculous. Perhaps it stems from the almost as inane incontrol hate, but nearly everyone on EG is a nice guy really, including Sirscoots,lz,axslav,strifecro,demuslim, machine and even idra. Their PR team is awful, but other than that they function as every team should, but few actually do.

Dooraven

MrKnives said:
I wonder how long it will take to reddit get flooded with HuK joining the Dark Side pictures. Darth Vader will be playing SirScoots ofc

Actually HuK will be going from Anakin Skywalker -> Darth Vader :p.

Really hope this is something else to be honest.

V_Arnold

I love EG. They are awesome. :)
That is it.

I would love Liquid if Tyler would not act like the way he acts in every discussion where he has to make a statement in his own playground. Same goes for that pretentious TLO blogpost where all EG did was to recruit a player without a contract to provide him not only money, but a proper contract obviously.

EG needs a publicist, but I am sure that concept would still not heal the way people at TL think with all the "hurting esports" phrases....

Deadman

Dooraven said:
Actually HuK will be going from Luke Skywalker -> Darth Vader :p.

Really hope this is something else to be honest.

I can definitely see a picture of anakin burning with obiwan doing his "you were the chosen one" line but with esports people faces put over everything. Last panel is huk in darth vader suit.

Won

They have Evil in their name. You have to hate them. It's the whole point!

And Huk is a perfect fit anyway.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
syllogism said:
EG hate is pretty ridiculous. Perhaps it stems from the almost as inane incontrol hate, but nearly everyone on EG is a nice guy really, including Sirscoots,lz,axslav,strifecro,demuslim, machine and even idra. Their PR team is awful, but other than that they function as every team should, but few actually do.
Some of the hate Incontrol gets is ridiculous, people acting like everything wrong with the NASL was due to him, like he was in charge of everything.

Dooraven

Deadman said:
I can definitely see a picture of anakin burning with obiwan doing his "you were the chosen one" line but with esports people faces put over everything. Last panel is huk in darth vader suit.
Oh crap, I just realised I said Luke instead of Anakin. ><

Home

In regards to EG I wonder how long it will take them to remove someone from their team. With the exception of Idra, no one in the USA has posted any results at all. And most likely, Machine and Incontrol will be out of the MLG pools for next season.

I only worry because it will most likely be HuK leaving the OGS house if true, and that could have an impact on his play. :( I'd like it to be White-Ra because we'd see him in a lot more tournaments, but that's probably not likely.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't think EG is doing anything it shouldn't do, including hiring Puma without going over his old team first (if anything, Puma should inform he was being scouted... which seems a little insane as I type). And I'm still a Idra fan and will be even more when I actually see him win again.
And as lack of practice goes, well, that's why you hire better people. 8 hours a day of Idra vs Huk have to do some good for at least one of those players' PvZ.

Dooraven

@IntelEM
IntelExtremeMasters
EG's IdrA's slot will be filled with someone else in the #SC2 Cologne Global Challenge. We will have news about it soon.

...Interesting

Sblargh

Banned
Dooraven said:
@IntelEM
IntelExtremeMasters
EG's IdrA's slot will be filled with someone else in the #SC2 Cologne Global Challenge. We will have news about it soon.

...Interesting

Dude sure make an effort to make me stop loving him. IT IS NOT WORKING, DO YOU HEAR ME IDRA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom