• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

Hugoboss21 said:
the relative strength of WarpPrism wasn't that important. even if they were the best dropship in the game, prebuff they were insufficient as a method to safely dropping, which was a pretty big hole in the protoss techtree.

yo, i can just say the same shit ur saying for the infestor, stop trying :p

Except that your shit does not make sense.

V_Arnold

Hugoboss21 said:
all we said diffrent was "dropping and harrass opponent" same BRO

It is not the same, BRO, because Zergs DID have huge issues where P had no issues. Only in weak Protoss player's mind.

Dooraven

V_Arnold said:
It is not the same, BRO, because Zergs DID have huge issues where P had no issues. Only in weak Protoss player's mind.

Might want to tell MC and the Korean protosses that or are they weak Protoss players?
Hell korean zergs didn't even complain about ZvP. Only the crybaby idra significantly did.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
the relative strength of WarpPrism wasn't that important. even if they were the best dropship in the game, prebuff they were insufficient as a method to safely dropping, which was a pretty big hole in the protoss techtree.

yo, i can just say the same shit ur saying for the infestor, stop trying :p
Dooraven said:
the relative strength of warp prsim wasn't that important. even if they were the best dropship in the game, prebuff they were insufficient as a method to safely harass opponents, which was a pretty big hole in the protoss techtree. [because blizzard royally failed at designing their harassment system]

dur huurr

It's funny how this patch compeltley went against quite a few of your arguments lol
see, the problem here is that you're both just typing to fill paragraphs, you could sub out unit names to make marines seem weak versus overlords. the structure of the argument doesn't make it right, you foals.

I have established reasons and argument behind the strength of the warpprism, something you children refuse to do in your counter examples because you know you cant. You're just parroting me in the hopes that I'll magically change my mind, which is about the level of thought i should expect from a protoss player, i guess. If you were capable of original thought blizzard wouldn't have to tell you guys to use your units.

the warprrism has always been the lowest investment [and thus safest] drop option in the game and there has never been a shortage of protoss harassment options, you could argue that the effectiveness of dt and stargate play has diminished as players became more familiar with them, but that's really just a natural consequence of any one base play. Herp derp, use your brain.

Holden, i see you got tired of being run over for free as a zerg so you're crawled back to toss. too much trouble doing anything more intensive than 1a gateway allins i see. :p

Dooraven said:
Might want to tell MC and the Korean protosses that or are they weak Protoss players?
MC uses warp prisms. he hides templar to protect against emp.
Dooraven said:
Hell korean zergs didn't even complain about ZvP. Only the crybaby idra significantly did.
clearly broodlords are terrible units and zergs were avoiding hive tech in zvp just 'cuz. Had nothing to do with hydra/roach being a gas sink. nope, clearly hive tech is just bad.

Dooraven

I have established reasons and argument behind the strength of the warpprism, something you children refuse to do in your counter examples because you know you cant. You're just parroting me in the hopes that I'll magically change my mind, which is about the level of thought i should expect from a protoss player, i guess. If you were capable of original thought blizzard wouldn't have to tell you guys to use your units.

Hurr Durr I can't make a reasonable argument as to why the warp prism wasn't weak so I'll just insult protoss players.

the warprrism has always been the lowest investment [and thus safest] drop option in
the game and there has never been a shortage of protoss harassment options

Ah yes, the plenty of harassment options that Dustin Browder admitted protoss having right? That's why they're not introducing a harassment unit in Heart of the Swarm right?

MC uses warp prisms. he hides templar to protect against emp.

He's never used it for drops which is what I was arguing with Arnold. Also it didn't help him much v Puma where it got sniped by a couple of marines. If anything that kind of wants a WP buff lol.

clearly broodlords are terrible units and zergs were avoiding hive tech in zvp just 'cuz. Had nothing to do with hydra/roach being a gas sink. nope, clearly hive tech is just bad.

Go ahead and tell me which korean Zergs actually cried about ZvP...

Holden

Pandaman said:
Holden, i see you got tired of being run over for free as a zerg so you're crawled back to toss. too much trouble doing anything more intensive than 1a gateway allins i see. :p

most of the problems i stoped playing protoss was that i was lagging like balls, zerg seems to be less affected by lag since there is like half the micro of the protoss needed;; and i don't wanna spend an other 6-8 months trying to get my back to masters, look at keikaku where he is. I got my hand on a EU account, i have no more lag issues and i said i'd go back to protoss once there is a patch;;;;

Holden

HviUX.jpg

they fixed the pvp bullshit!!! now to revert back to old pylons plzzzzz

edit : apparently there are map changes

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dooraven said:
Hurr Durr I can't make a reasonable argument as to why the warp prism wasn't weak so I'll just insult protoss players.
I've already made the argument, you just refuse to acknowledge it because its inconvenient for you.

do you deny that warp prisms are the fastest dropships?
do you deny that the warpin mechanic allowed them to be the lowest risk dropship at only 200 minerals?
do you deny that they require no gas outside of infrastructure?
do you deny that warpprisms are the only dropship capable of successfully turretdiving?
do you deny that warping in zealots and/or dt's will 9 times out of 10 result in a successful hatchsnipe or techsnipe?

toss see an octodrop in tvz and cry they can't effectively sweep large drone counts when they never should have targeted the workers in the first place. tech and gyser denial is ridiculously effective harass that the warpprism excels at, but nope we cant think for ourselves, so lets do as the terrans do and when that fails complain that different races are different.
Ah yes, the plenty of harassment options that Dustin Browder admitted protoss having right? That's why they're not introducing a harassment unit in Heart of the Swarm right?
if Dustin Browder was the infallible word of god on balance we would never have needed any patches.

hey guys, thors have energy! wait no... feedbacks too strong. wait no! they have energy!

He's never used it for drops... which is what I was arguing with Arnold. Also it didn't help him much v Puma where it got sniped by a couple of marines. If anything that kind of wants a WP buff lol.
yes he has. and vs puma is a completely different matchup.

Hugoboss21 said:
most of the problems i stoped playing protoss was that i was lagging like balls, zerg seems to be less affected by lag since there is like half the micro of the protoss needed;; and i don't wanna spend an other 6-8 months trying to get my back to masters, look at keikaku where he is. I got my hand on a EU account, i have no more lag issues and i said i'd go back to protoss once there is a patch;;;;
you realize the infestor nerf will have almost no effect on zvp, right? clean fungals will be a problem in zvt and zvz, but it doesn't really matter in zvp since most zerg chain already because stalkers can just instantly disappear and reappear far away if you dont. protoss dont have the realtime hitpoint gain problem that zvz and zvt has to account for.

MrKnives

Pandaman said:
do you deny that warping in zealots and/or dt's will 9 times out of 10 result in a successful hatchsnipe or techsnipe?

It's also a worthy point to mention is that if the warp prism gets destroyed while warping in units, you get the money & cooldown on gateways back.

Edit: Also Whitera uses warp prisms constantly + hides ht's in there. This is actually a huge Whitera buff..

Holden

Pandaman said:
do you deny that the warpin mechanic allowed them to be the lowest risk dropship at only 200 minerals?
do you deny that warpprisms are the only dropship capable of successfully turretdiving?

-requires upr
-only 200? your drop is 100;;; and it can do more stuff then just "drop"
-its not like gas would be a problem and its on a seperate tech path
-If u actually testing more, overlords can dive slighter closer then the warpprism
-dropping 4 infestor, 9 times out of 10 result in a successful nexus snipe + tech snipe, oh and you save your infestors

MrKnives said:
It's also a worthy point to mention is that if the warp prism gets destroyed while warping in units, you get the money & cooldown on gateways back.

ya, but we can't cancel and if you kill a barrack you can get your money back;;

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
-requires upr
-only 200? you're drop is 100;;; and it can do more stuff then just "drop"
see, these two points are seperate but they really have to be taken together to truly appreciate the mindset problem at work here.

warprisms need an upgrade to be the fastest dropship, otherwise they're merely... the fastest dropship, tied with the medivac. *cough* overlords though? they're only 100![plus supply] and they certainly dont need any upgrades...

-its not like gas would be a problem and its on a seperate tech path
why does everything have to be a build with protoss? you guys want a 2base warpprism +2 sheningan build or you just wont ever build them. but in any lategame situation, you will always have a robo for observers. always. that makes the warpprism accessible at any pont after... what, your second poke? assuming stargate into twilight?

-If u actually testing more, overlords can dive slighter closer then the warpprism
a +3 speed overlord will die to a turret every time.

-dropping 4 infestor, 9 times out of 10 result in a successful nexus snipe + tech snipe, oh and you save you're infestor
500/600 overlord at risk as it crosses the map, 300/300 tech for that overlord, 250/250 tech for those infestors. derp.

hey guess what! we know we have some good drop options as zerg! so whats this 'bu-bu-bu, you guys have strong drops too!' nonsense about? we know we do but we're talking about protoss now. stop deflecting.

MrKnives

Hugoboss21 said:
ya, but we can't cancel and if you kill a barrack you can get your money back;;

Kinda goes the same line with Nydus. We don't get the luxury of a cancel either and we don't get your money back.
It still makes it safer of a dropship if you can decide if it's safe to go and even if it gets sniped it's not the end of the world.

Nooby question, never tried. When warping in can you just revert it back to flying form? Thus cancelling the warpin

Holden

Pandaman said:
a +3 speed overlord will die to a turret every time.

are u passing through a full range of turret? no shit you can't path through a full range turret, when will it happen when ur trying to drop when you passing literally above the turret. I managed to pass a turret with a +1 ovie just fine...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrKnives said:
Nooby question, never tried. When warping in can you just revert it back to flying form? Thus cancelling the warpin
yes.

Hugoboss21 said:
are u passing through a full range of turret? no shit you can't path through a full range turret, when will it happen when ur trying to drop when you passing literally above the turret. I managed to pass a turret with a +1 ovie just fine...
guess what dropship can pass a full range turret? but to answer your question, when bad things happen, zerg loses its dropship and whatevers inside it. protoss keeps its dropship and nothing was in it yet anyway.

Holden

MrKnives said:

Hmm i guess you can do that, my bad i guess

Pandaman said:
yes.

guess what dropship can pass a full range turret? but to answer your question, when bad things happen, zerg loses its dropship and whatevers inside it. protoss keeps its dropship and nothing was in it yet anyway.

ya, but you can start dropping while the turret is atking you, you can't just warp in while moving;

oh and terran just needs to get +1 range and you can't pass through a turret

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hugoboss21 said:
Hmm i guess you can do that, my bad i guess

ya, but you can start dropping while the turret is atking you, you can't just warp in while moving;
Warp prisms hold units too.

Internet arguing ho!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
but we've just established that you dont have to warp while moving because you'll survive to the other side.

oh and terran just needs to get +1 range and you can't pass through a turret
try it. with this patch you wont even need the +1 anymore, you can just shift up a prism and totally ignore it because nothing really threatens it.

Hugoboss21 said:
then he can't use the argument that a warpprism is "empty" all the time
being empty some of the time is still a benefit over always being full.

zoukka

Pandaman said:
its not like im just going to magically change my mind because someone calls me bm, so yeah, i guess.

I was only commenting on your "stupid tosses" slur. I completely agree with you, that the wp is underused, undervalued and the buff was unnecessary.

Mairu

zoukka said:
I was only commenting on your "stupid tosses" slur. I completely agree with you, that the wp is underused, undervalued and the buff was unnecessary.
if the buff was unnecessary and the unit turns out to be totally overpowered it'll just get toned down in the next patch (assuming this all goes through) just like infestors

MrKnives

I kinda fear laddering. I hated that thing even before the patch and if the BFH icon change is used as a example. This change will make every toss use it in every game.

Holden

Pandaman said:
but we've just established that you dont have to warp while moving because you'll survive to the other side.

try it. with this patch you wont even need the +1 anymore, you can just shift up a prism and totally ignore it because nothing really threatens it.

- ya an overlord can survive a turret as i said with only +1 you just don't need to pass through a full turret

- Thank fucking god, why would i spend time on a dropship that basicly die to a +1turret when i could just build more collosi

And a zerg can hold 32 marines with +2 dmg in 1 drop ship that only cost mana; If thats balanced can you let me 2 fucking stormers live from 1 turret plz?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
ITT Hugoboss proves that he does not understand the drop/warp mechanism at all
ofcourse he doesn't, he plays protoss. :p

Hugoboss21 said:
- ya an overlord can survive a turret as i said with only +1 you just don't need to pass through a full turret
accidents bro. we have to worry about things you dont have to worry about, thats an advantage for prisms. hell, so is having your +1 armour accessible from all techpaths, zergs need a spire.

- Thank fucking god, why would i spend time on a dropship that basicly die to a +1turret when i could just build more collosi
you dont build collosi in every game, holden. i know you dont.

And a zerg can hold 32 marines with +2 dmg in 1 drop ship that only cost mana; If thats balanced can you let me 2 fucking stormers live from 1 turret plz?
nobody cares what zerg can do. zerg has strong drops, we know. get over your hardon for infestor drops already. their strength comes at an investment [both time and resources] incomparable to any drop you could realistically attempt save some crazy 8 DT hive/spire snipe shenanigans. your two stormers will survive in situations the infestors wont. different races are different.

also why the hell are you dropping high templar? what did i just say about toss trying to emulate octodrops?

Holden

Pandaman said:
ofcourse he doesn't, he plays protoss. :p

accidents bro. we have to worry about things you dont have to worry about, thats an advantage for prisms. hell, so is having your +1 armour accessible from all techpaths, zergs need a spire.

you dont build collosi in every game, holden. i know you dont.

nobody cares what zerg can do. zerg has strong drops, we know. get over your hardon for infestor drops already. their strength comes at an investment [both time and resources] incomparable to any drop you could realistically attempt save some crazy 8 DT hive/spire snipe shenanigans. your two stormers will survive in situations the infestors wont. different races are different.

also why the hell are you dropping high templar? what did i just say about toss trying to emulate octodrops?

I DUNNO?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGhfuvd9DTM

well if you have strong drops ( you admit it ) so can i survive 1 turret? plzzzzzzzzz

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I agree, that baneling nest has alot of offensive utility in basetrade scenerios, he shouldnt have canceled it. baneling into +1 ling, pull all but 1 drone from gas vs roach = THE STRONGEST.

a176

Banned
Pandaman said:

prisms now working as intended, move along

Q8D3vil said:
hellions doesn't fly and don't have cloak.......
will see what happen with the new warpprism.

I agree giving warp prisms cloak was probably a bit much.

Everyone is getting way too far ahead of themselves, maybe wait and see what effect the changes have and if they will actually be implemented before worrying too much.

Edit: Can 111 or similar builds be used against zerg? I hate when terrans bring banshees with their army.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
I agree giving warp prisms cloak was probably a bit much.

Everyone is getting way too far ahead of themselves, maybe wait and see what effect the changes have and if they will actually be implemented before worrying too much.

Edit: Can 111 or similar builds be used against zerg? I hate when terrans bring banshees with their army.
yes, 111 can be used in tvz but i have only seen it work in the sloppiest game ever thebest vs slayersmin

ACE 1991

I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove units from a control group. Often times when the game starts I accidentally map my probes to "1" instead of my Nexus. Any help here? It's really fucking up my game.

Holden

ACE 1991 said:
I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove units from a control group. Often times when the game starts I accidentally map my probes to "1" instead of my Nexus. Any help here? It's really fucking up my game.

Select your control groupe, shift click is how you remove units from a control group then you have to ctrl 1 ( or w.e u want )

it basicly just selects your control group then removes the units you don't want then rebinds it

hope you understand T.T

zoukka

ACE 1991 said:

Just override the bad selections with new ones?

Dooraven

Ehrm what's this about cloaked warp prisms? Have I been missing something? lol, that would be massively retarded.

You can't. Just remap the Nexus to 1.

For units: Press Control Group. Shift-click on the units you want to deselect. Press Ctrl+Group. Ta-da!

Holden

Dooraven said:
Ehrm what's this about cloaked warp prisms? Have I been missing something? lol, that would be massively retarded.

You can't. Just remap the Nexus to 1.

For units: Press Control Group. Shift-click on the units you want to deselect. Press Ctrl+Group. Ta-da!

i think devil was talking about the banshee... a unit he has

building work exacly the same in control gorups

Dooraven

I really don't understand the Barracks timing nerf, experimenting with it on PTR, terran early game seems a bit unrefined. Doesn't really seem to help with the 2 rax much either, so hoping it gets removed. BFH changes are fine, they still are the same v lings but worker genocides don't happen that often now.

PvP has gotten soo much better with the blink nerf and the Vision nerf :). Robo is a lot more viable now (the blink nerf isn't that bad).

Going to experiment with zerg now.

BigAT said:
Holy shit, I leave town for two days, come back and you idiots are STILL talking about the Warp Prism?

It just got buffed today... obviously there will be discussion about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom