• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:Loooooooooooooooooooool

Q8D3vil

I really don't understand the Barracks timing nerf, experimenting with it on PTR, terran early game seems a bit unrefined. Doesn't really seem to help with the 2 rax much either, so hoping it gets removed. BFH changes are fine, they still are the same v lings but worker genocides don't happen that often now.

PvP has gotten soo much better with the blink nerf and the Vision nerf :). Robo is a lot more viable now (the blink nerf isn't that bad).

Going to experiment with zerg now.
so everything is good except the rax nerf :/
i like the bfh hellion change, my scv won't die to 2 shots now and i can still kill lings easily.

ultron87

Hugoboss21 said:
HviUX.jpg

they fixed the pvp bullshit!!! now to revert back to old pylons plzzzzz

Thank god.

Yeah, I feel like this change makes the pylon range nerf no longer needed.

Dooraven

Zerg doesn't really seem much different barring a huge fungal change in ZvT ultras are still pretty bad (but now you get them faster..Good for Dimaga and Coca I guess). Though the Drone change is awesome. Overseer change is quite welcome though, however it's early game scouting that's needed not mid game.

Fungal nerf means that fungal no longer out dps's the medivac's heal.

Dooraven

So far this is a pretty great patch: I'll give you the reasonings for some of them.

Like:
Immortal Buff
Warp Prism Buff
Blue Flame Helion Nerf : They were pretty ridiculous, I mean it was fun at Anaheim while they were BBQing drones and SCVs up (thankfully mech is bad in TvP), but when even Korean progamers have severe difficulty dealing with them something had to be done; it was far too punishing for the defender and too easy to execute for the attacker

Drone Buff
Overseer Buff
Sentry Buff
4 gate PvP nerf
Blink Nerf

Dislike:

Fungal Nerf: Completely wrong way to balance it imo. The problem with fungal wasn't the DPS, it was the chain fungals. Zerg needs a cost effective way of dealing with marines (no banelings aren't cost effective in pro levels) and fungal was pretty good. The problem was that it screwed up everything else with chain fungals.

Barracks nerf: No idea why they put it in, 11/11 and 12/14 don't really seem to be changed by it at all, maybe they were tired of fixing bunkers? (Honestly the easiest way to fix 2 rax and 1/1/1 is to do something about marines. Not bunkers or Barracks)

Apathetic/Can't comment:

Ultra buff: Good for people who use them I guess.
Mothership buff: Still a pretty worthless unit.
Contaminate Nerf: I don't main as Zerg, so I have no idea why they did that? Maybe Mass contaminate was too poweful in ZvZ?

V_Arnold

Guys, stop looking for reasons for contaminate nerf..it is obviously not for the current Overseers. It is because Overseer costs will be nerfed, and wit the new Overseer cost and the old Contaminate cost, it would be easy even in midgame in ANY matchup to simply go inside a base, mass contaminate, fly out, then repeat. NOTHING can be done about it, as you cant make units.

Holden

Dooraven said:
Like:
Immortal Buff
Warp Prism Buff
Blue Flame Helion Nerf : They were pretty ridiculous, I mean it was fun at Anaheim while they were BBQing drones and SCVs up (thankfully mech is bad in TvP), but when even Korean progamers have severe difficulty dealing with them something had to be done; it was far too punishing for the defender and too easy to execute for the attacker

Drone Buff
Overseer Buff
Sentry Buff
4 gate PvP nerf
Blink Nerf

wtf did they do the sentry? i guess you wrote it by misstake....?

Hugoboss21 said:
wtf did they do the sentry? i guess you wrote it by misstake....?

Sentry Guardian Shield now correctly reduces damage from Hellion, Void ray, and Colossus attacks as well as the Siege Tank's sieged attack.

Q8D3vil

Fungal Nerf: Completely wrong way to balance it imo. The problem with fungal wasn't the DPS, it was the chain fungals. Zerg needs a cost effective way of dealing with marines (no banelings aren't cost effective in pro levels) and fungal was pretty good. The problem was that it screwed up everything else with chain fungals.
except fungal was originally for zvp and zvz but its totally destroyed tvz
quote from the situation report
Both of the Fungal Growth changes were mainly made to address a ZvZ issue with mutalisk vs. infestor, and to make infestors more useful vs. protoss. For mutalisks, we found they were just not useful enough in ZvZ due to the Fungal Growth stun duration being too long. So, the duration was reduced to make them a bit more viable in the ZvZ matchup. This reduction in stun duration means the damage goes in faster. However, we realized that mutalisks suffer mostly due to stuns combined with hydralisks shooting from below. As for infestors themselves, we found they weren’t that useful vs. protoss. We wanted to solve both of these issues while keeping infestors as powerful as they are vs. terran. Fungal Growth’s damage itself wasn’t as big of a problem as the stun, so we decided to go with this change so that the stun duration reduction is somewhat countered by the damage buff.

The +30% armored damage change was more strictly targeted towards stalker-based protoss armies, as well as marauder-based terran armies. We wanted infestors to be more of a core unit in the ZvP matchup while keeping them just as useful vs. terran. The stun duration reduction change by itself didn’t allow these two things, so we had to make this damage change as well in order to arrive at the right place for the infestor

Dooraven

Hugo - guardian sheild thing.

Q8D3vil said:

That might have been their intention but that's not how it turned out lol. It's the same situation with the PvP patch, it didn't do much in PvP but instead nerfed early protoss agression pretty badly. ZvZ turned into roach infestor wars instead of helping mutas. It may have been designed for ZvP and ZvZ but actually it balanced ZvT quite a bit (as seen by the spike in ZvT win rates so now it's around 50-50). The infestor broodlord combo kind of screwed the balance of it though.

zoukka

Dooraven said:
Contaminate Nerf: I don't main as Zerg, so I have no idea why they did that? Maybe Mass contaminate was too poweful in ZvZ?

Well it would've been with 50/50 overseers and the old energy cost.

Cheaper overseers make sense and will hopefully expand zerg's early-mid-game scouting options by quite a bit.

Early game scouting is still a bit problematic vs. Terran.

Boken

Banned
Dooraven said:
Fungal nerf means that fungal no longer out dps's the medivac's heal.
Hmmm. Do you have the theorycraft for that?
Fungal now does 7.5 DPS, Medivacs heal for 9 HPS on one target. It'd be unlikely that you're just fungalling one marine.

Jeff-DSA

Boken said:
Fungal now does 7.5 DPS, Medivacs heal for 9 HPS on one target. It'd be unlikely that you're just fungalling one marine.

You'd still need a lot of Medivacs to keep up. Also the Medivacs are taking damage from the fungal too. Chain fungals will still wreck everything. Damage wasn't the issue, the root effect was. Wrong style of nerf going on here...

Dooraven

Boken said:

It'd be unlikely that the Terran only has one medivac too though.. I don't really have the theorycraft - I just tested it in game on the PTR with some of my practice partners and medivacs seemed to be able to out heal Fungal's DPS pretty significantly. (using 3-4 medivacs which is pretty standard in terran compositions) (and I assume 7.5 v 9 isn't helping)

Holden

Dooraven said:
Game Dev's being game dev's, don't think anyone really noticed it that much until the 1-1-1.

more like nobody saw it cause its only 2 dmg ( 35 instead of 33 ) isn't a Huge deal;;

Q8D3vil

You'd still need a lot of Medivacs to keep up. Also the Medivacs are taking damage from the fungal too. Chain fungals will still wreck everything. Damage wasn't the issue, the root effect was. Wrong style of nerf going on here...
pingo
the main problem is chain fungals but i don't know how can you change it without making it like a less powerful version of storm.

Holden

Dooraven said:
Uh Immortals taking 8 damage instead of 10 is quite a big deal In my opinion.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

an immortal takes only 8 shield dmg when affect guardian shirld? BS

Jeff-DSA

Q8D3vil said:
pingo
the main problem is chain fungals but i don't know how can you change it without making it like a less powerful version of storm.

I really don't care if it's basically like storm...Infestors can still do Neural, belch out Infested Terrans, and burrow. They're obviously the best caster in the game by far.

Heck, I'd be fine if they removed the root effect and made it so units can't attack while fungal is in effect. But I don't think you'd need to do that though, because you can run out of a storm, but fungal would still "stick" to the units and the full damage gets dealt even if you retreat.

Dooraven

Hugoboss21 said:
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

an immortal takes only 8 shield dmg when affect guardian shirld? BS

Yup Guardian Sheilds affect the immortal after hardened sheilds (I have no idea why, makes no sense visually). So Hardened sheilds reduce to 10 and the GS reduces to 8.

Sheild upgrades on the other hand take effect before HS. So a sheild upgrade would reduce from 33-32 and then HS would reduce to 10.

Holden

Dooraven said:
Yup Guardian Sheilds affect the immortal after hardened sheilds (I have no idea why, makes no sense visually). So Hardened sheilds reduce to 10 and the GS reduces to 8.

Sheild upgrades on the other hand take effect before HS. So a sheild upgrade would reduce from 33-32 and then HS would reduce to 10.

that's so fucking good
OP

a176

Banned
ShallNoiseUpon said:
Man, today's episode of Project A made me feel really bad for Yellow.

whys that

he could barely beat the computer before facing boxer. what else would he expect?

the entire episode was just dumb and overly dramatic.

a176 said:
whys that

he could barely beat the computer before facing boxer. what else would he expect?

the entire episode was just dumb and overly dramatic.

The entire scene with him and his coaches out for BBQ you could tell how disappointed the guy was. Not to mention I'm a huge fan of Yellow.

PhoenixDark said:
What happened lol. I'm at work

He meets with
Nestea
and talks a lot about losing to BoxeR in that showmatch.

Keikaku

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Man, today's episode of Project A made me feel really bad for Yellow.
I'm really looking forward to next weeks episode. At least he acknowledged how badly he got schooled and how unprepared he was.

There was a post on SC2 Reddit that purported to show that Yellow had hit Master's league on the KR server. Hope that was true.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
lol
GMvz9.jpg

*matchup comes the closest to balanced ever, but is still terran favoured*
*zvt destroyed!*

Does it seem like Yellow is actually interested in the show? I watched the first two episodes, and it seemed more like he was just doing this as a favor, or for money. Boxer seems to genuinely believe Yellow can be a solid player if he tries, although I'd imagine he holds that position on most good BW pros.

Jeff-DSA

Hugoboss21 said:
@jeff all korean tourny games

Hrm, probably not the best sample size. And that includes GSTL? Because freaking GSTL these days is for a team to lose a game or two, send out their Zerg, and watch him all kill the other team.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jeff-DSA said:
Hrm, probably not the best sample size. And that includes GSTL? Because freaking GSTL these days is for a team to lose a game or two, send out their Zerg, and watch him all kill the other team.
i was being nice, because the korean sample is the most favourable for terran.
in the international sample, zerg has never surpassed terran in zvt winrates:
http://i.imgur.com/uaVuw.png

Q8D3vil

*matchup comes the closest to balanced ever, but is still terran favoured*
*zvt destroyed!*
Today 06:01 PM
the situation report didn't mention zvt said they didn't do it for tvz.
didn't zerg started going early third ahtch around that time too.
also, 80 % koreans zerg still go muta early game so your argument in invalid.

Holden

Jeff-DSA said:

it should, panda edited out the number total of games, it includes 884 TvZ Total so probably an aproximation of 100 games, which is nothing;;

zoukka

Q8D3vil said:
the situation report didn't mention zvt said they didn't do it for tvz.
didn't zerg started going early third ahtch around that time too.
also, 80 % koreans zerg still go muta early game so your argument in invalid.

Are we talking about the fungal duration patch? Because that like made infestors 10x better and chain fungaling so easy. Don't try to cover it up somehow.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zoukka said:
Are we talking about the fungal duration patch? Because that like made infestors 10x better and chain fungaling so easy. Don't try to cover it up somehow.
his argument is that korean zergs are just bad and didn't notice.

also someone needs to make the mlg thread before i pony it up. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom