• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Is this real life?

tpttA.jpg

^You better believe it.

All I did today was play 2v2 and 3v3 Starcraft with friends on Skype. The game feels so pure in 1v1 mode, but voice chat team games are just sooooo much fun.

Jeff-DSA

Well, I'm still in the tournament I was invited to. I dropped to the loser's bracket, but already won my first match down there. So far I'm 4-1, with overall game record of 8-2. That one loss was to a Zerg that just totally outclassed me. Game 1 I put up a good fight early, but couldn't do much in game 2 after I lost too many units in early pressure attempts.

Two more wins and I'm guaranteed in the money, and I'm about 99% sure I'll win the next match and feeling good about how things seem to shape up for the one after. From there, I have no idea, but I doubt I'm going to repeat that miracle 2nd place finish from the last time.

So far 2-0 TvT
1-1 TvZ
1-0 TvP

Next match is a Protoss...easy pickings.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Jeff-DSA said:
Well, I'm still in the tournament I was invited to. I dropped to the loser's bracket, but already won my first match down there. So far I'm 4-1, with overall game record of 8-2. That one loss was to a Zerg that just totally outclassed me. Game 1 I put up a good fight early, but couldn't do much in game 2 after I lost too many units in early pressure attempts.

Two more wins and I'm guaranteed in the money, and I'm about 99% sure I'll win the next match and feeling good about how things seem to shape up for the one after. From there, I have no idea, but I doubt I'm going to repeat that miracle 2nd place finish from the last time.

So far 2-0 TvT
1-1 TvZ
1-0 TvP

Next match is a Protoss...easy pickings.

Awesome work! The last tournament was the one where I remember you had a rematch in the final to a guy you'd beaten or something?

Jeff-DSA

HolyCheck said:
Awesome work! The last tournament was the one where I remember you had a rematch in the final to a guy you'd beaten or something?

It was to someone who had beat me already. Coming from losers, I would have needed to take two BO3 matches and I couldn't pull it off. That same guy is the one who put me in losers tonight. He's simply better than me by a big margin.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Jeff-DSA said:
It was to someone who had beat me already. Coming from losers, I would have needed to take two BO3 matches and I couldn't pull it off. That same guy is the one who put me in losers tonight. He's simply better than me by a big margin.

oh wow same dude :(

you will avenge the gaf street cred you have lost today. YOU WILL.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
oh no... it's one of those days that'll be boring :(

*wakes up*
*updates Youtube to see that nothing has changed in the subscription-part since yesterday night*
*checks GAF, no update*

Oh well.

zoukka

Yoshichan said:
oh no... it's one of those days that'll be boring :(

*wakes up*
*updates Youtube to see that nothing has changed in the subscription-part since yesterday night*
*checks GAF, no update*

Oh well.

Do you enter outside your house besides work?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zoukka said:
Do you enter outside your house besides work?
no

edit: joke's aside.

no.

Jeff-DSA said:

Cheese the shit out of him!

jasonng

Really have to start training with Panda more. I've been using his +1 fast ling build against zergs and it's really reeling me in so many wins on the ladder because they never scout for that early evo chamber. I'm already facing diamond players on ladder but I don't feel ready for a promotion yet. I still need to work on my crisis management and micro. I still overreact to harasses (I once massed up 18 lings when all he did was just send 1 zealot for scout). Need Panda over my shoulder to tell me stop panicking. Damn him and his secret gosu training. Why have you forsaken Team GAF!?

Edit: Also using Panda's +1 2 base roach timing push against close position fast expo toss. Free wins, mang.

jasonng

Jeff-DSA said:
I won't see him until the finals, but yeah, cheese is on the menu.
I've had that thought process when I went against Panda in the first Gaf tournament. When I know there's a huge gap in skill levels I go for unorthodox builds in hopes that the confusion will give me an advantage. The problem is that the opponent might be aware of that and even if your cheese gets you a win, chances are he'll be more than ready for you in the next match.

Just food for thought.

zoukka

jasonng said:
Really have to start training with Panda more. I've been using his +1 fast ling build against zergs and it's really reeling me in so many wins on the ladder because they never scout for that early evo chamber. I'm already facing diamond players on ladder but I don't feel ready for a promotion yet. I still need to work on my crisis management and micro. I still overreact to harasses (I once massed up 18 lings when all he did was just send 1 zealot for scout). Need Panda over my shoulder to tell me stop panicking. Damn him and his secret gosu training. Why have you forsaken Team GAF!?

He taught you mass ling builds... what a monster >_>

Holden

Welp so far in EU

my pvp fucking blows dick
my pvt is pretty good
my pvz... well i don't play vs zerg for what ever reason

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
so you switched servers ?
did bnet place you in masters ?

Im useing my brother's account who doesn't play anymore, so i had to start in gold, im in plat atm and playing vs diamonds atm. Im just getting my ass stomped in pvp but im doing good in other match-ups. I relly need to do something to my pvp ;/

jasonng said:

Edit: Also using Panda's +1 2 base roach timing push against close position fast expo toss. Free wins, mang.

hmm interesting. Usually I do Destiny's 11 pool into Roach attack in ZvZ on small to medium positioned maps. I either win outright or kill their expansion so I can expand myself. Heavy ling though....I've lost to that before. But if the other guy goes Banelings, aren't you fucked?

I'll have to play with Panda and see this.

jasonng

PhoenixDark said:
hmm interesting. Usually I do Destiny's 11 pool into Roach attack in ZvZ on small to medium positioned maps. I either win outright or kill their expansion so I can expand myself. Heavy ling though....I've lost to that before. But if the other guy goes Banelings, aren't you fucked?

My most success is actually surprisingly against roaches. I can mass up enough lings that it can rip apart my opponent's army and since my lings are so cost effective that once you lost your slow roaches I've pretty much won the game.

Banelings, yes I'm fucked but it's surprising no one scouts for that evo chamber (which I put down on 15 food). I've also lost to mass speedings too with this build since there's a huge window where you would have more lings than me and I'm still waiting for my speed.

nilbog21

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

can you post a little more detail about this build?

Q8D3vil

Chinese Electric Batman said:
Prob Gold since that's around the skill level of a US Master when comparing to EU.
lol, i think eu and na in the same level until you try and reach masters then its become much harder in eu.

jasonng

Chinese Electric Batman said:
Prob Gold since that's around the skill level of a US Master when comparing to EU.
We really need to get this NA v EU showmatch going. We need to keep you sods in check.

ksan

jasonng said:
We really need to get this NA v EU showmatch going. We need to keep you sods in check.
We need a date, so I can get back to playing a bit before that <3
Don't wanna be all rusty from playing a lot of DotA lately...

Dooraven

Dear Zergs why don't you guys ever go gas before pool or pool first like Nestea does (v MVP and SC at least) instead of Hatch first against Terran? I know hatch first is waay more economical but at least you'll crush the 2 rax.

jasonng

Dooraven said:
Dear Zergs why don't you guys ever go gas before pool or pool first like Nestea does (v MVP and SC at least) instead of Hatch first against Terran? I know hatch first is waay more economical but at least you'll crush the 2 rax.
In most cases you can fend off a 2 rax bunker pressure. Not everyone is at gosu level so it's typically easier to handle the harass. Also all it takes is to have a drone on patrol and your spine will be ready before the bunker is ever finished. "Crushing" a 2 rax will not put the terran behind at all.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dooraven said:
hatch first is safer.

ACE 1991

Biggest god dammit moment ever: making an assimilator and realizing you forgot to set probes to harvest when you finally need vespene.

cdyhybrid

jasonng said:

Teach me these :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom