• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
Or Scout, make your units faster, block my expansion for 30 seconds, mass drops, not take half you're base took by supply or even transform into a unit that makes my production stop;
and pylons can scout, provide base to warpin, block my expansion for a minute or ten, wall off my base, not die to one marine wandering around, not get bound into armies and supply block you if you need to retreat and not all die to a player who randomly opens anti air.

nothing the overlord can do is done well and its jack of all trades utility doesn't come cheap.

Holden

Pandaman said:
and pylons can scout, provide base to warpin, block my expansion for a minute or ten, wall off my base, not die to one marine wandering around, not get bound into armies and supply block you if you need to retreat and not all die to a player who randomly opens anti air.

nothing the overlord can do is done well and its jack of all trades utility doesn't come cheap.

woah pylons can scout?!? and not die by 1 marines at the same time!? Jesus Christ i didn't know they can move!?! Oh wait they don't. Walling off your base, what league are you in, plat? And can't do proper control groups? looool
Zerg, 1a

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
Guys, this thread has gone from "alright, that is cool" to "damn, this shit is horrible" thanks to your arguments :p
with no current ongoing streams or events, what kind of starcraft discussion are you expecting?

i guess we could do it the reddit way and just spam image macros, would that be okay with you?
0mlW0.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm thinking about laddering on PTR as Random.

I think I have a build for each matchup except mirrors because I don't want to play those.

Trickster

Panda is like gafs equivelant of IdrA

You can argue about it all day, but in the end, no matter what points you make, zerg will be too weak, and protoss is... well protoss is "lol protoss".

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
woah pylons can scout?!? and not die by 1 marines at the same time!? Jesus Christ i didn't know they can move!?! Oh wait they don't. Walling off your base, what league are you in, plat? And can't do proper control groups? looool
Zerg, 1a
Last time we played for any significant length of time it resulted in you Forfeiting from a tourney and switching races. Careful who you call plat, i might break you again. :p

@Trickster: believing that my units aren't divine superbeings that totally imbalance my race [because that is what holden believes], doesn't mean I think zerg is weak. Zerg is fine.

Holden

Pandaman said:
Last time we played for any significant length of time it resulted in you Forfeiting from a tourney and switching races. Careful who you call plat, i might break you again. :p

@Trickster: believing that my units aren't divine superbeings that totally imbalance my race [because that is what holden believes], doesn't mean I think zerg is weak. Zerg is fine.

ya, i moslty forfeited from the tourny cause i'm lagging relly bad on NA now tbh, and that's why i said i'd change to zerg, but now i'm on EU i'm just gonna stick to EU for a while

And i don't think zerg is broken, i just hate ppl who don't think overlords aren't good, i just think that protoss was lacking in harassing, and well next patch will hopefully fix that;;;

MrKnives

God PTR is a horrible place. Everyone just whines that I'm a pathetic cheeser when I win and mock me when I lose.

One Protoss cannon rushes my expansion (after I get pool & speed) and fails. After that I proceed sending my lings I had to make to his base and notice he doesn't have anything and I kill him.
He then messages me saying "Why do you even play on PTR if you don't want to test you cheesing fuck"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hai guyz want my opinion about overlorrrrrrrds (or should I say, OPerlords or IMBAlords)?

Let's go back to Warp Prisms, zerg NEEDS the overlord. They can barely scout WITH them, how would the game be without them?

Holden

Yoshichan said:
hai guyz want my opinion about overlorrrrrrrds (or should I say, OPerlords or IMBAlords)?

Let's go back to Warp Prisms, zerg NEEDS the overlord. They can barely scout WITH them, how would the game be without them?

the problem isn't that zerg needs to nerf ovies, it's that panda complains that they aren't faster T.T

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
the problem isn't that zerg needs to nerf ovies, it's that panda complains that they aren't faster T.T
didn't they buff their speed and took their detection when the game was released ?

MrKnives

I won't go into the overlord discussion but dat warp prism...

Been trying it on PTR and it seems very good now. I'm not saying OP or anything but you can survive a lot of fire now. Got badly caught by stim marines and they barely took out the shields. 200 total HP now...
If Protoss players won't start using it I won't ever listen anything a Protoss player has to say about balance.

Q8D3vil said:
didn't they buff their speed and took their detection when the game was released ?

Not sure about the speed buff but the detection was already removed in like alpha version

jasonng

Hugoboss21 said:
No, you're just arguing that overlord drops are theoretically better than warp prisms when in reality it's not. I won't argue with the fact that warp prisms are incredibly fragile, they should be to an extend. But to say that overlord drops are better drops is fucking absurd. No zerg will do that without considering how much investment you have to put in it should things go south. And it will.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
I won't go into the overlord discussion but dat warp prism...

Been trying it on PTR and it seems very good now. I'm not saying OP or anything but you can survive a lot of fire now. Got badly caught by stim marines and they barely took out the shields. 200 total HP now...
If Protoss players won't start using it I won't ever listen anything a Protoss player has to say about balance.

Not sure about the speed buff but the detection was already removed in like alpha version
apparently mistaken rumored patch notes to official ones, my bad.

Holden

i agree in the whole detection thing for the overlord is retarded but they'd say that they might revert it in hots.

Warpprism is so good vs terran cause they never get droped so they don't know how to handle it, so much fun

Hugoboss21 said:
i agree in the whole detection thing for the overlord is retarded but they'd say that they might revert it in hots.

Warpprism is so good vs terran cause they never get droped so they don't know how to handle it, so much fun

I know how to handle it.

Cause I'm SOLID.

Holden

Chinese Electric Batman said:
I know how to handle it.

Cause I'm SOLID.

i just had this games where i just where i drop 4 zlots and he just used his workers to defend it and it was a terrible idea loooool

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hugoboss21 said:

Zealot warp ins were always good.
Now it's just bullshit HP on the WP.

Holden

Hazaro said:
Zealot warp ins were always good.
Now it's just bullshit HP on the WP.

I never warpin inside the base, i always drop it's alot faster, cause he could just pull all his workers while he see's it warping in for like 3-4 sec. And it will clear the warpin cd faster so i could do a warpin in my base incase he trys to allin after not knowing how to defend vs a drop :lol

Dooraven

Honestly, if Professional Protoss players don't use the warp prism much more after this patch, then I'll agree with Panda and say that they're retarded. It's so freaking good now.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dooraven said:
Honestly, if Professional Protoss players don't use the warp prism much more after this patch, then I'll agree with Panda and say that they're retarded. It's so freaking good now.
It has the same roles and abilities.
People will still weigh it and it's up to them if they want to gamble their robo time on it.

If you were losing it to stimmed marines then you simply could have been playing better.
There's also the matter if they want to spend timing figuring out how to properly use it, or spend time on other more important things. If it's used in a pro game it shouldn't be dying carelessly anyway.

I think this is just PTR encouragement to have people use it. Hopefully they just keep it the same or add 20 shield.

Basically I still don't like the change since it doesn't add anything.
I guess you could rush to Warp Prism vs T or Z though. A queen takes a while to deal 200 damage.

jasonng

That makes me worry, I may have to plant hydra dens blindly now to deal with these warp prisms. The two immortal drop + stalker warp in might get popular again.

Hazaro said:
I guess you could rush to Warp Prism vs T or Z though. A queen takes a while to deal 200 damage.
It's definitely going to change PvZ since now zergs have to really pay attention to what comes out of the robo bay. But if it's anything like changing the blue flame icon, then perhaps all Blizzard needed was to make a note of it for the community to take notice.

Dooraven

Hazaro said:
It has the same roles and abilities.
People will still weigh it and it's up to them if they want to gamble their robo time on it.

If you were losing it to stimmed marines then you simply could have been playing better.
There's also the matter if they want to spend timing figuring out how to properly use it, or spend time on other more important things. If it's used in a pro game it shouldn't be dying carelessly anyway.

I think this is just PTR encouragement to have people use it. Hopefully they just keep it the same or add 20 shield.

It's actually much more tanky so that you can protect your HTs against EMP much better. And immortal drops are pretty good now too due to the WP not dying so easily

Q8D3vil

jasonng said:
That makes me worry, I may have to plant hydra dens blindly now to deal with these warp prisms. The two immortal drop + stalker warp in might get popular again.

It's definitely going to change PvZ since now zergs have to really pay attention to what comes out of the robo bay. But if it's anything like changing the blue flame icon, then perhaps all Blizzard needed was to make a note of it for the community to take notice.
man if they really buffed and i'm sure they are going to do it then 3 gate robo is going to be a standard pvz build.
is there ptr on the korean server ?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dooraven said:
It's actually much more tanky so that you can protect your HTs against EMP much better. And immortal drops are pretty good now too due to the WP not dying so easily
Ok I can see that being more effective.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zoukka said:
Is there a PTR in EU and how do you get in?
Not yet, but Blizzard said (somewhere) that they're looking into it.

Q8D3vil

ACE 1991 said:
I've been trying to learn this build to mainly counter the MMMing Terrans that keep destroying me.
if mmm is destroying you in the lower league then just get 2 gate robo and put robo bay for coloss.

zoukka

ACE 1991 said:
I've been trying to learn this build to mainly counter the MMMing Terrans that keep destroying me.

Forcefields are key. Focus on using them to defend. Try to intercept the MMM ball in places where you can cut the army in half, and just eat them.

zoukka said:
Is there a PTR in EU and how do you get in?

as yoshi said, no there isn't yet, which makes but 0 sense.

wouldn't you want better players to be testing your new balance changes?
if I were Blizzard, I'd focus on the KR server more than anything.

Vaporak

Wait, Panda thinks fluxvanes was removed because of TvP >.>. I'm almost positive fluxvanes was never once gotten in a GSL PvT because it's such a terrible idea to go for in PvT. Oh and hint, he doesn't have a link on hand to blizzard saying that because they never said that.

Q8D3vil

mescalineeyes said:
as yoshi said, no there isn't yet, which makes but 0 sense.

wouldn't you want better players to be testing your new balance changes?
if I were Blizzard, I'd focus on the KR server more than anything.
if i were blizzard i will lock it for masters players in kr server only.

Holden

i could help you, but i don't think it will be usefull untill your gold. And i don't think gaf has bronzes anymore since most sc2gafers left / got out of bronze

jersoc

Hugh Buelow said:
Zerg on NA. I was Silver in season 2, but I got demoted: I can't defend cheese and my mechanics where terribly lacking.

i'm silver and still have those problems lol. really isn't much of a difference between bronze/silver.

jasonng

Hugh Buelow said:
Zerg on NA. I was Silver in season 2, but I got demoted: I can't defend cheese and my mechanics where terribly lacking.
Get on the Neogaf channel and mumble. I'm probably not the best coach but I can at least help you with your macro. Once you have a grasp on zerg mechanics then you'd be able to handle cheese easier.

jersoc said:
i'm silver and still have those problems lol. really isn't much of a difference between bronze/silver.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I saw much less cheese (and early rushes) in bronze compared to silver. Except for zergs. I played only one zerg who didn't 9 pool or less. At least, it is relatively easy to defend.

jasonng said:
Get on the Neogaf channel and mumble. I'm probably not the best coach but I can at least help you with your macro. Once you have a grasp on zerg mechanics then you'd be able to handle cheese easier.

I'm Shek on B.Net.

jasonng

Hugh Buelow said:
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I saw much less cheese (and early rushes) in bronze compared to silver. Except for zergs. I played only one zerg who didn't 9 pool or less. At least, it is relatively easy to defend.

I'm Shek on B.Net.

:O

I didn't know. Damn you people for not having the same alias on gaf and bnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom