• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
Wait, Panda thinks fluxvanes was removed because of TvP >.>. I'm almost positive fluxvanes was never once gotten in a GSL PvT because it's such a terrible idea to go for in PvT. Oh and hint, he doesn't have a link on hand to blizzard saying that because they never said that.
i am not giving you people opinions, i am telling you what is so. I dont care if baddies want to delude themselves or accuse me of lying, i owe you nothing.

I don't have some mystical google search that gets better results than yours, if you want to verify what i'm saying, go look it up.

Vaporak

Pandaman said:
i am not giving you people opinions, i am telling you what is so. I dont care if baddies want to delude themselves or accuse me of lying, i owe you nothing.

I don't have some mystical google search that gets better results than yours, if you want to verify what i'm saying, go look it up.

There's nothing to verify because blizzard never said that, so you can't use that citation. And I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a single GSL win in PvT due to fluxvane voidrays, so you can't use that to back up your stance either. So until some other evidence comes up it seems it really is your opinion.

Pandaman said:

I have had a look around and i haven't really seen an official explanation from blizzard. All i have been able to find is threads on places like TL and it doesn't seem like the explanation for the nerf had anything to do with imbalance in TvP.

I would think it would be easier if blizzard just had a spot where you could look up the reasons behind patches.

Edit: Most of the comments seem to focus on the damage change as most people seemed to think flux vanes was useless and/or wasn't used. I mostly played team games back then so i don't remember.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
There's nothing to verify because blizzard never said that, so you can't use that citation. And I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a single GSL win in PvT due to fluxvane voidrays, so you can't use that to back up your stance either. So until some other evidence comes up it seems it really is your opinion.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
whatever helps you sleep at night.

adventureracing said:
I would think it would be easier if blizzard just had a spot where you could look up the reasons behind patches.
they did have blog posts, but they delete them.

Trickster

AdventureRacing said:
I have had a look around and i haven't really seen an official explanation from blizzard. All i have been able to find is threads on places like TL and it doesn't seem like the explanation for the nerf had anything to do with imbalance in TvP.

I imagine it's because they don't want any potential backlash to their reasoning. It's a lot easier to say "our internal numbers shows there is a problem with unit/research x", unfortunately.

Vaporak

AdventureRacing said:

They're called situation reports, and I'm pretty sure Blizzard never had one for the patch in question.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
They're called situation reports, and I'm pretty sure Blizzard never had one for the patch in question.
1.2 introduced the PTR and had the first situation report.

but maybe thats just opinon too.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
If you can't bring anything to back you up besides theory crafting don't expect to be taken too seriously. >.>
i'd have to value your opinion to expect to be taken seriously. You cant seem to figure out a problem with a unt faster than every unit that can shoot at it [and can fire while moving], so I'm happy just laughing about that.

No that's just factually incorrect.
hmmm, guess so. IIRC the 1.2's blog post was more like a 'sneak peak, this is what we have in store' style article, so i simply assumed it was a precursor to the reports that followed alongside the ptr.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Vaporak said:
brown_block_LOL.gif

I race-switched and I dont want to be demoted just because of it and want to get some ladder experience without pressure so can't I just start a new character for practice on 1 copy of SC2 and go through the placement matches without losing my main's position?

Is there something I can do or do I just have to go hit the ladder? I really hate having all this pressure to win because I dont want to be demoted out of plat since its so hard to get back in it :(

zargle

AppleSmack said:
I race-switched and I dont want to be demoted just because of it and want to get some ladder experience without pressure so can't I just start a new character for practice on 1 copy of SC2 and go through the placement matches without losing my main's position?

Is there something I can do or do I just have to go hit the ladder? I really hate having all this pressure to win because I dont want to be demoted out of plat since its so hard to get back in it :(

Do you have any trial accounts? That might work, at least for a week or so.

Dooraven

AppleSmack said:

Is that a NA account? If so do you have PTR access? If so just play games on that till you improve and think you're above plat level.

Per a request, I made some StarCraft II GAF shirt designs. What do you guys think??

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1590

The Protoss one would be cool without the second N on the bird's head. Zerg pretty good, Terran one I don't really like

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Nope. I was a really picky eater growing up so I didnt really experience much. Not many Korean BBQ places around where I live, would be like a 45 min drive etc.

Alot of other foods tho ;;

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Korean BBQ?

Where?

On, eighty miles from here?

Let's go

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ShallNoiseUpon said:
Across the ocean? Fuck it. I'm in. Can I crash at your place Yoshi?
You know you can!!! Open 24/7 for anyone here ♥

Yoshichan

Why did I decide to do this...?

*continues on farming 100 wins against insane AI*

1 win every 7 minutes or so... ._. hmm.. 700 minutes? Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom