• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheNiX said:
So LTTP on this, just picked up SC2 after getting hooked off of GSL August and MLG streams. Where should I start with the learning of the skills and should I be typing "gg" or "GG"?

First thing is (if you're NA, I'm not sure about EU) is join the neogaf chat channel!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hmm add Hwaseung OZ, among WeMade Fox, and MBC Hero for SC1 teams to disband here soon :(

The Dong...where will you go...

Corran Horn said:
Hmm add Hwaseung OZ, among WeMade Fox, and MBC Hero for SC1 teams to disband here soon :(

The Dong...where will you go...

CJ. Please believe.

EffOrt and JD will form the ultimate zerg training regiment and become even better than sAviOr.

Corran Horn

When Flash won the GomTV Starleague, GomTV stops broadcasting Broodwar.
When Flash won the WCG, WCG bans Broodwar.
When Flash won the SPL for the first time, Estro and Sparkz both disband.
When Flash won the golden mouse, MBCGame decides to switch to a music channel.
When Flash won the SPL again defeating SKT, Wemade Fox, Hwaseung OZ, and MBCGame all disband.
Its all Flash's fault.

Corran Horn said:
Its all Flash's fault.

2xTSn.png

This face is killing esports.

TheNiX said:
So LTTP on this, just picked up SC2 after getting hooked off of GSL August and MLG streams. Where should I start with the learning of the skills and should I be typing "gg" or "GG"?

Barely anyone on the ladder gg's anyway. I usually type gg but i am constantly tapping my caps lock key (no idea why) so i sometimes do GG accidently.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TheNiX said:
Is he making that face or is it natural? The face of a man on a mission.
hes in pain

Sliver

I should really change my avatar. It's been that face for ~3 years now. Need another quality Flash picture, only thing it can be replaced with.

Striek

Yoshichan said:
Aaaaaaaaand farming is done :D

ctvCA.png

Time to find something else that's time consuming.
Do you cheese/do some stupid abusive build against the AIs?

I've never played against the AI, lol.

Corran Horn

Striek said:
Do you cheese/do some stupid abusive build against the AIs?

I've never played against the AI, lol.
Against Insane AI you need to cheese. Its alot easier to get the games done.
Then the 100 Insane AI wins counts for all the lower levels too.

Ashhong

Was forced to ctrl-alt-del out of a random 4v4 match and got demoted from Diamond rank 22 to Platinum rank 5.......thats not cool Blizzard :(

cdyhybrid

Corran Horn said:
Your not gonna learn much from idra too!...besides rage quit.

There aren't many traditional-Zerg-style streamers anymore...Idra barely streams, haven't caught Sheth streaming in a while. I think DRG needs to stream!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
who wants to watch backwards zergs still muta/linging all day.

seriously tho, destiny has been trying late hatch openings all day, its good merely for the educational value of how the different variations stack up vs traditional play.

Pandaman said:
who wants to watch backwards zergs still muta/linging all day.

As opposed to everyone else on the ladder who has just followed the rest of the flock and just goes infestors every game?

Hell i'm loving it, it seems as though people on the ladder are getting worse against mutas because less people are using them.

I'm not going to stop using ling/bling/muta just because it's not the latest trend. I enjoy doing it and i haven't seen anything that makes me think i should stop.

I realise you probably weren't that serious with that comment this was more just something i have been thinking about.

A terran today was asking me if he should use ghosts against infestors. He thought i was crazy (or lying) when i said i had no idea cause i don't use them.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i was being somewhat serious, i think muta/ling is a weaker build in ZvT and it pains me to watch tournament after tournament where a good zerg stays traditional and gets punished hard for it. Idras basically a joke now because he refuses to adapt his play.

its not a bad build, its just weaker and i see no reason why someone would intentionally do a weaker build all the time. we'll see what happens after the terran nerf though. right now the level of greed necessary to have a viable mid to lategame transition is so big that it feels like a dice roll in most games.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
i was being somewhat serious, i think muta/ling is a weaker build in ZvT and it pains me to watch tournament after tournament where a good zerg stays traditional and gets punished hard for it. Idras basically a joke now because he refuses to adapt his play.

its not a bad build, its just weaker and i see no reason why someone would intentionally do a weaker build all the time. we'll see what happens after the terran nerf though. right now the level of greed necessary to have a viable mid to lategame transition is so big that it feels like a dice roll in most games.
i agree, i've seen a lot of zerg go for muta first and get like 12-15 muta then switch to infestors very fast.
zenio and dimaga are probably the only two current top zergs that i saw doing the infestors openings and crushing their opponent with them.

Pandaman said:

Idra's losses have nothing to do with him going ling/bling/muta, imo anyway.

There are some Korean zergs who i think that applies to though. I think Nestea is one of them.

Q8D3vil said:
i agree, i've seen a lot of zerg go for muta first and get like 12-15 muta then switch to infestors very fast.
zenio and dimaga are probably the only two current top zergs that i saw doing the infestors openings and crushing their opponent with them.

So do they just like not do that in tournaments because it's not as if either of them are dominating.

If anything DRG is comfortably the best ZvT player in the world and he seems to do alright going mass muta style.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
i wish dimaga streamed, i hunt down every vod i can but its still not enough. ;_;

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
i really want him to join a better team, i think his current team is holding him back a lot.

He and Bratok should just join Whitera to tt.
I liked it a lot when they all played together. They even had practice house style sessions before.

Maybe that can happen one day again. Dimaga joined mtw 2010 so his contract must be coming to an end soon.

26589_afzxx_big.jpg

26679_j0b9o_big.jpg

Dimaga, Whitera, Bratok while practicing in Odessa house.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
He and Bratok should just join Whitera to tt.
I liked it a lot when they all played together. They even had practice house style sessions before.

Maybe that can happen one day again. Dimaga joined mtw 2010 so his contract must be coming to an end soon.

http://www.goodgame.ru/datas/galleries/26589_afzxx_big.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://www.goodgame.ru/datas/galleries/26679_j0b9o_big.jpg[/MG]
Dimaga, Whitera, Bratok while practicing in Odessa house.[/QUOTE]
he should join imba fxo.
dimaga, bratok and strelok.
and apparently they give a lot of money to their players.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
dimaga and ret man...
they're the zergs going somewhere. sprinkle in some destiny ad vVvtitan as needed.

Coca really caught my attention this last mlg though.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
dimaga and ret man...
they're the zergs going somewhere. sprinkle in some destiny ad vVvtitan as needed.

Coca really caught my attention this last mlg though.
that infestors timing against huk was mind fucking.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
that infestors timing against huk was mind fucking.
that was partially huk being an idiot, he's seen that build before and practiced holding it against destiny and moonglade.

having the infestor timing is nice, but coca had like 5 other timings too alongside solid standard play and that's what blew me away. he clearly has a solid grasp on ZvP.

Dooraven said:
Coca's ZvP is amazing, his ZvZ is good, but man, he seriously needs to work on his ZvT. He threw away too many units v Bomber :(

Good thing he is on the same team as some of the best Terran players in the world now.

TheThunder said:
I said it before, if Coca faces nothing but protoss he would win a gsl.

He made Alicia, Huk and Naniwa look like scrubs

I think that's true of a lot of players. Only problem is next season protoss will be lucky to have more than 4 or 5 players in code S.

Dooraven

AdventureRacing said:
I think that's true of a lot of players. Only problem is next season protoss will be lucky to have more than 4 or 5 players in code S.

Protoss needs more people than just MC as the shining beacon of Aiur. It seems whenever MC does well, protoss does well but when MC does terribly, so does protoss.

AdventureRacing said:
Barely anyone on the ladder gg's anyway. I usually type gg but i am constantly tapping my caps lock key (no idea why) so i sometimes do GG accidently.
I was mostly kidding, implying I would be losing a lot.

I'll probably be putting in a lot more time with 1v1 coaching before touching the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom