• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

nilbog21 said:
how do you beat a terran bunker rush when you hatch on 15? is it even possible if they know what they are doing? o_O

Yeah, it is very possible.
1. Do not be Idra. Do a pool immediately after the hatch
2. Have a drone patroling. Yeah, yeah, lost minerals. And lost game if they wall you in. Weight what is worth more.
3. Do not start queen in your main. If you really have the minerals to start it, do it on your natural
4. If you see the first bunker going up, a marine or two is most likely behind. Go to them with 6-7+ drones. If it is slightly delayed, you can transfer the drones to the natural in the meanwhile to continue mining in a better position battle-wise.
5. My experience is this: you do not "need" a spine, only if you failed in one of the previous steps. If you did not, you can defend with the first popping lings + drones. If you failed though, or feel like it, put a spine but be careful how to place it. Spines has bigger reach than bunkered marines, by 2.5 or 3.5. So they should not be able to attack it from within.

That is all.
If the bunkers are up, gather enough lings, prepare for cutting off the reinforcements instead, and within a minute, you will overwhelm that bunker force, even if hatch is destroyed. If he is bad slightly, you might even break in instead, doing damage inside their main also.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
V_Arnold said:
If you failed though, or feel like it, put a spine but be careful how to place it. Spines has bigger reach than bunkered marines, by 2.5 or 3.5. So they should not be able to attack it from within.
5+1 range vs 7 fyi

Q8D3vil

i didn't help u at all... You followed your BO... and now you can beat players like mc and huk.
nice, i didn't realize i'm that good now.

how do you beat a terran bunker rush when you hatch on 15? is it even possible if they know what they are doing? o_O
what arnold said plus don't lose any drone, if the terran went 11 11 rax and you kept ur hatchery then you are way ahead even if you made tons of lings.
note: shift right click the building scv with a drone.

nilbog21

Banned
V_Arnold said:
Yeah, it is very possible.
1. Do not be Idra. Do a pool immediately after the hatch
2. Have a drone patroling. Yeah, yeah, lost minerals. And lost game if they wall you in. Weight what is worth more.
3. Do not start queen in your main. If you really have the minerals to start it, do it on your natural
4. If you see the first bunker going up, a marine or two is most likely behind. Go to them with 6-7+ drones. If it is slightly delayed, you can transfer the drones to the natural in the meanwhile to continue mining in a better position battle-wise.
5. My experience is this: you do not "need" a spine, only if you failed in one of the previous steps. If you did not, you can defend with the first popping lings + drones. If you failed though, or feel like it, put a spine but be careful how to place it. Spines has bigger reach than bunkered marines, by 2.5 or 3.5. So they should not be able to attack it from within.

That is all.
If the bunkers are up, gather enough lings, prepare for cutting off the reinforcements instead, and within a minute, you will overwhelm that bunker force, even if hatch is destroyed. If he is bad slightly, you might even break in instead, doing damage inside their main also.

thx yo

so no gas?

and what do terrans usually do after a failed bunker rush?

Zen

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Well inside the game is suppose to be one of each race to get different perspectives so it should be a terran

Inside the Game has always been a transparent EG manufactured rip off of State of the Game. The fact that it was originally planned for Incntrol to leave SotG permanently to do ItG just made it even more blatant.

I guess it being another example of EGs shameless practices isn't all that important. What really matters is that the show isn't very entertaining (except for when Idra and Incontrol argue and annoy one another) and they need to get a more energetic dicotomy going if they want to get an audience comparable to SotG.

MrKnives

nilbog21 said:
thx yo

so no gas?

and what do terrans usually do after a failed bunker rush?

Don't know about anyone else but I like to take fast gas even when I go 15 15 or 15 16.

They usually expand or just make more rax + svc or something like that but if I don't see them expanding quite fast I do a bling nest too.

Zen

Banned
Yoshichan said:
I couldn't handle it, I just had to burst out laughing when I read this.

Don't worry though, here's a classy motto when you break something:

"Stay classy and rage intelligently, break garbage equipment and buy the new technology"

http://i.imgur.com/2b2zN.jpg

MK80

You can thank me later.

Haha, thanks. I'll put it on my to buy list. Right now I went out to future shop and bought a clearance 15 dollar K120 Logitec to tide me over. :O

Q8D3vil said:
damn, breaking over ladder game is one thing but over a custom game wioth a friend :/
shame on you man.

Indeed, and I'm taking steps to make sure that such silly outbursts don't happen again, still going to apologize to my practice partner the enxt time he's on. Seeing as we both lost a bit of practice time because I raged.

Trickster

Zen said:
Inside the Game has always been a transparent EG manufactured rip off of State of the Game. The fact that it was originally planned for Incntrol to leave SotG permanently to do ItG just made it even more blatant.

I guess it being another example of EGs shameless practices isn't all that important. What really matters is that the show isn't very entertaining (except for when Idra and Incontrol argue and annoy one another) and they need to get a more energetic dicotomy going if they want to get an audience comparable to SotG.

Are you also angry at all the phone manfacturers that "copied" the iphone style of smartphones?

Competition is good imo. Even if ITG is nowhere as good as SotG.

MrKnives

Trickster said:
Are you also angry at all the phone manfacturers that "copied" the iphone style of smartphones?

Competition is good imo. Even if ITG is nowhere as good as SotG.

They started with a different idea, focusing more on the games and strategy. I liked they "inside a unit" or something like that where they just talked about units and their uses. Now it's just SotG 2.0 (pun intended)

Zen

Banned
Trickster said:

Not really, it's a different situation to me than the tech industry.

Deadly

Zen said:
The fact that it was originally planned for Incntrol to leave SotG permanently to do ItG just made it even more blatant.
I haven't watched SotG in awhile. Incontrol is permanently back?

jasonng

lOAXv.png

An earlier Gaf Night post reminder! I have make these posts in between classes now (or during, let's see how that goes). Anyone not busy tonight? I'm enjoying this trend of helping out the influx of newcomers. One of the reasons why I consider our community better than others is because we're very welcoming to newbies and are willing to teach them the ropes (as oppose to other silly games like HoN and LoL and their respective crap communities). I'm glad there are helpful gaffers out there to counterbalance my trolling and QQing. :3

I'm not too sure if I can make it tonight as there's a birthday party I may want to crash. I might be on earlier than regular time just to get some practice in.

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Megaton Team Monobattles>
<MorroW's Micro Tournament>

Mumble + Stream
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

MUMBLE INFORMATION:
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Ashhong

lol @ destiny teaching this guy right now. hes playing as Protoss and told his zerg student he should send an overseer to use contaminate instead of changelings. he then blinks all of his stalkers up and kills the overseer before it can do anything
lol.gif

Zen

Banned
Deadly said:
I haven't watched SotG in awhile. Incontrol is permanently back?

He seems to be, there was some drama with his short lived replacement. It was alledgedly over the fact that JP gave her the boot, alledgedly, for refusing his advances; I didn't really keep up. :\

But yes is the answer to your question.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Revengeance said:
Ok guys, I'm still a platinum toss, but I want to get more involved in StarcraftGaf and also eventually get Diamond.

So I guess my first step........ is to go watch My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic
I like your priorities, you'll go far.

ultron87

Zen said:
He seems to be, there was some drama with his short lived replacement. It was alledgedly over the fact that JP gave her the boot, alledgedly, for refusing his advances; I didn't really keep up. :\

But yes is the answer to your question.

Was there actually some source for said accusations or was it just general Starcraft community dumb-fuckery?

I can't remember a single thing she contributed during her few episodes anyway, so it was probably for the best.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What did they discuss in the latest SotG?

Zen

Banned
http://sotg-sc2.blogspot.com/
The five pillars are back after MLG Raleigh to discuss the tournament and talk about Patch 1.4.1

Also they argue about their favorite type of cookie.

ultron87 said:
Was there actually some source for said accusations or was it just general Starcraft community dumb-fuckery?

I can't remember a single thing she contributed during her few episodes anyway, so it was probably for the best.

All I saw was reddit hearsay that makes allusions to some skype records and a blog post by the G4 chick. Never looked in to it. It's probably just the community connecting the dots where there aren't any, not sure why I mentioned it, even, but my curiosity might get the better of me.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
he was happy when he was crashing the shit out of me then i worked on on builds and now he is raging like mad lolz.
see, everything fine when he's winning because he's the 'better player', so when you're winning it has to be imbalance.

-

he's just mad that hellions run on coal.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
he was happy two days ago when he was crashing the shit out of me then i worked on on builds and now he is raging like mad .
lol
a9bGp.jpg
Bhwhwahwhaahha. Logic in my SC2

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
hey, i played macro and still won.

ya i wanted to try if 3 robo was good, but its god awfull garbage

ya, i bm
a bit
but i uselly don't mean it, and i think being bm is better then raging on my equipement =)

and i think it motivates me, in a BoX game. probably why i dont bm in ladder.

Holden

i played this terran master on EU. I've never seen a worse terran then this person, seriously he'll just keep building marine marauders no matter how many high templars i have.

i storm all his bases, he doesn't give 1 fuck.

Dooraven

Ugh all I'm facing v Zerg on PTR is 6 pools and 7 pools today, I really don't understand why you're going to cheese on the freaking PTR.

Edit: Yay finally a macro game.

Holden

Pandaman said:
it ain't practice if they're wearing kid gloves.

learn to hold it.

i kinda want to but who do i learn from? Mc 0-2 in gsl pool play, 0-3 vs puma's 111,
huk 0-3 vs mvp
. And genius getting got to ro8 by doing voidray all-ins. Do i really need to turn on desrow's stream to listen to him singing Rebecca black?

jasonng

Dooraven said:
Ugh all I'm facing v Zerg on PTR is 6 pools and 7 pools today, I really don't understand why you're going to cheese on the freaking PTR.

Edit: Yay finally a macro game.
To see the effectiveness against the 5 second delay on rax?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
jasonng said:
To see the effectiveness against the 5 second delay on rax?

Where the hell is Bruce Lee and who is this animu poser!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom