• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striek

Real sports are on at convenient hours watched almost exclusively live and have their results blasted over the news and papers. Can't avoid.

GSL is on at shitty hours, watched by a huge amount of people via VoDs and have their results broadcasted very narrowly (easy to avoid). Also not a real sport.

Mairu

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/introducing-the-mlg-global-starcraft-2-invitational

no nestea :(

artosis casting woohoo

edit: can't see much from just the link so i'll edit in the information since nobody wants to visit the site :p

The Format

Each bracket will consist of eight players from that region, who will compete in best-of-three matches in a double elimination tournament. In the end, the winner of each region will take home $2,000 in cash, and will also earn an all-expenses paid trip to MLG Providence, where they will take on the winners of the other two regions, and the Blizzcon Champion. These four players will play best-of-three matches in a single-elimination Finals for the Championship. The winner of the Global Invitational Finals will take home an additional $3,000, bringing the total winnings for 1st Place to $5,000.

The Players

MLG has reached out to some of the best players in the world from each of the three represented regions. Here are the full rosters:

Europe:

Naniwa
Sjow
Ret
Haypro
Thorzain
White-Ra
Jinro
SaSe

North America:

Idra
KiwiKaki
Slush
Sheth
Tyler
Major
Destiny
iNcontroL

Korea:

MMA
MVP
Losira
Boxer
Puma
Hero
Bomber
CoCa
visit the link for more, lol @ destiny v idra round 1

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Striek said:
Real sports are on at convenient hours watched almost exclusively live and have their results blasted over the news and papers. Can't avoid.

GSL is on at shitty hours, watched by a huge amount of people via VoDs and have their results broadcasted very narrowly (easy to avoid). Also not a real sport.
so someone just managed to not watch the semi finals over the last week?

there's a point where you cant complain about spoilers just because enough time has passed that its reasonable to expect everyone to know the answer.

ie: ive never read harry potter, but i dont have much room to complain if someone tells me snape kills dumbledore

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Dooraven said:
Updated Patch Notes:

Infestor’s Neural Parasite can no longer target Massive units.

Lol WTF? What exactly are you meant to use Neural Parasite on now? It's pretty damn near useless.
delicious

zargle

Pandaman said:
ie: ive never read harry potter, but i dont have much room to complain if someone tells me snape kills dumbledore

What? That can't be right. They're both on the same side and Dumbledore cant die, he's like a new father for Harry. Never happen.

J2d

Mairu said:
The Format

Each bracket will consist of eight players from that region, who will compete in best-of-three matches in a double elimination tournament. In the end, the winner of each region will take home $2,000 in cash, and will also earn an all-expenses paid trip to MLG Providence, where they will take on the winners of the other two regions, and the Blizzcon Champion. These four players will play best-of-three matches in a single-elimination Finals for the Championship. The winner of the Global Invitational Finals will take home an additional $3,000, bringing the total winnings for 1st Place to $5,000.

The Players

MLG has reached out to some of the best players in the world from each of the three represented regions. Here are the full rosters:

Sweden:

Naniwa
Sjow
Ret
Haypro
Thorzain
White-Ra
Jinro
SaSe

North America:

Idra
KiwiKaki
Slush
Sheth
Tyler
Major
Destiny
iNcontroL

Korea:

MMA
MVP
Losira
Boxer
Puma
Hero
Bomber
CoCa

visit the link for more, lol @ destiny v idra round 1
Almost fixed

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
f0rk said:
I haven't been paying much attention recently but aren't the NA invites really weak overall?

Weak in that they've overlooked all the top players?

or weak in that they are pretty much the top players...

f0rk

HolyCheck said:
Weak in that they've overlooked all the top players?

or weak in that they are pretty much the top players...

Well half of them are invited off of name alone with absolutely no results, aren't there good players they could of invited instead of those? I guess from your comment there aren't any.

Zeppelin

Zup? I just downloaded the trial version of StarCraft II and I'm considering maybe upgrading it to a full version. What is the cheapest way of doing this?

hamchan

BigAT said:
Well then...
Good, Deezer is a piece of shit.

Has easily overtaken CombatEX as the most hated person in the SC2 community.

Still, even if you spam him out he has like 10 other accounts to snipe you with.

Vaporak

Zeppelin said:
Zup? I just downloaded the trial version of StarCraft II and I'm considering maybe upgrading it to a full version. What is the cheapest way of doing this?

Not really sure, but it'll probably still be pretty expensive as Blizzard games drop in price very very slowly. Amazon has it for $50, don't know anywhere cheaper than that.

Yobalt

Wow, they are really missing a good number of great players.

Stephano, Nerchio, Kas, MorroW, Mana, DeMuslim and Select deserves to be in the list. Maybe they got invited but declined, I don't know.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yobalt said:

Stephano, Nerchio, Kas, MorroW, Mana, DeMuslim and Select deserves to be in the list. Maybe they got invited but declined, I don't know.

a few did decline, sundance posted on reddit, so it is likely alot of those did if they were invited

Pandaman said:
so someone just managed to not watch the semi finals over the last week?

there's a point where you cant complain about spoilers just because enough time has passed that its reasonable to expect everyone to know the answer.

what

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Awesome Animals said:
XAicN.jpg

Q8D3vil

for you, the time is really good for everyone who live in EU and Asia.

Striek

Q8D3vil said:
for you, the time is really good for everyone who live in EU and Asia.
Its on at great times for me. Its on at terrible times for EU and NA aka the vast majority of the viewing audience. I don't understand how you think the 11am is 'really good' for EU....?

Q8D3vil

Striek said:
Its on at great times for me. Its on at terrible times for EU and NA aka the vast majority of the viewing audience. I don't understand how you think the 11am is 'really good' for EU....?
its in the morning ?
maybe because i'm student and most of my classes are in the morning lol.
its not a bad time for me at all :p

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hmm...
Ensuring a fair and competitive environment within the Battle.net service is a cornerstone of the StarCraft II experience. We would like to issue a reminder that any action taken to harass or obtain an unfair advantage over other players, whether accomplished by in-game exploitation or via manipulation of the Battle.net service, may be considered a violation of our Terms of Use. Such actions are subject to penalties up to, and including, permanent suspension of a Battle.net account.

If you suspect another player of exploitation, harassment, or otherwise violating our policies, please simply report the player in question to afford our support staff the opportunity to investigate accordingly. It is inappropriate to take actions of your own to address the issue, as this could lead to a separate violation of our policies.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3123037509

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
its in the morning ?
maybe because i'm student and most of my classes are in the morning lol.
its not a bad time for me at all :p

Shitty time if you are working. Aweosome time if not. I can't watch GSL at all if not the VOD's

Mairu

Yobalt said:

posted by holycheck but confirmed anyways, at least for a few of them:
On September 10 2011 09:27 itmeJP wrote:
HuK, Select, and Nestea were all given invites but respectfully declined due to travel and having to play cross-realm.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=11311076

hamchan

Now what will Blizzard do about Deezer who is making streaming hellish for many pro gamers?

Hmmm now that I think about it a 7 day suspension isn't very long when Blizzard could have outright banned Destiny. I think they know they have to make some sort of punishment even if they don't want to, so they gave him a light one.

I wonder if people will keep spamming Deezer without Destiny telling them to.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow... so three days later... anything I should know of that've happened here or in SC2 overall? edit: still homeless btw

Holden

V_Arnold said:
1) Blizzard defended their rules, not Deezer
2) Why do you keep playing a game whose creators you obviously dislike so much?

is there any other good multiplayer game...? i don't wanna play call of duty
and they didn't relly make this game, its just a remake of a game that came 12 years ago

Mairu

Hugoboss21 said:
is there any other good multiplayer game...? i don't wanna play call of duty
and they didn't relly make this game, its just a remake of a game that came 12 years ago when blizzard actually cared about esports
LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom