• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllogism

Haunted said:
Who would make such an account and play it up to high Masters/GM just to behave this way?

It's Deezer or one of his friends.
It's possible, but even considering deezer's clear mental issues, that seems slightly out of character for him. Yesterday the "deezer" who was spamming idra had a different character code than the real one and this is one and the same.

e: I mean that looks like someone who specifically is trying to get banned

Haunted

tbh, I don't even care at this point.

Just ban all of them and don't let them back in. They can try being a part of the community again when Starcraft III comes out.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
I do not understand why you do not understand that what Destiny did was against the rules of their service. They are perfectly right by banning Destiny. This is not Wild Wild West, this is Blizzard's service, and Destiny has no right trying to spam-DC his opponents, for whatever reason.
what rule did destiny break? i missed the clause in the t&c that put an upper limit on how many people can message someone at any one time.

Deadman

In the TOS it says they can permanently ban your account for no reason, so looking in there for help isnt very productive.

As someone showed on reddit yesterday:

BLIZZARD MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ACCOUNTS AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. Accounts terminated by Blizzard for any type of abuse, including without limitation a violation of these Terms of Use, will not be reactivated for any reason.

fanboi

Banned
Whatever Destiny did was against the ToS.

Entertaining (allthough when he target a innocent one who cannon rushed him then he crossed the line).

Zen

Banned
Destiny broke the TOS because another use was rampantly breaking the TOS against them, and Blizzard didn't do anything about it.

So instead of banning the account that is a parasite on the streamers , the account that blatantly stream snipes and stream cheats (cheating is the big one), Blizzard punishes the victim.

GG Blizzard, GG. What an utterly moronic decision. Especially when Deezer when on to the Blizzard forums and was outright lying to the admins.

EDIT: IF they have also banned Deezer, and given him a far more permanent punishment? No problem.

fanboi said:
Whatever Destiny did was against the ToS.

Entertaining (allthough when he target a innocent one who cannon rushed him then he crossed the line).

As long as it was for this reason specifically, no problem.

But really Deezer should be banned from SCII, no sane individual can argue otherwise.

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
... thats kinda circular.

he never did that.

He never did that?
How about that fella that he after challaned in a Bo5 for 100 USD?

And yes, Deezer and all stream snipers should be banned aswell.

syllogism

If all they do is stream snipe/watch, I don't see why blizzard should ban them. Now, my personal preference would be to ban all morons, which includes combatex and deezer, but unfortunately banning requires a better justification than that. I suppose you can argue that what they are doing constitutes harassment according to TOS, but that's not all that clear cut.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
finally got some Internet for 2 hours... decided to play my placement matches in 2v2 with a buddie... 5/5, straight into masters.

Feels so good..

Oh well, time to go out and freeze again...

Zen

Banned
syllogism said:
If all they do is stream snipe/watch, I don't see why blizzard should ban them. Now, my personal preference would be to ban all morons, which includes combatex and deezer, but unfortunately banning requires a better justification than that. I suppose you can argue that what they are doing constitutes harassment according to TOS, but that's not all that clear cut.

Actually it's pretty clear cut. Repeatedly stream snipping and stream cheating the same people over and over again is hard to spin any other way. Especially because of what the streamers generally do, they consider it harassment.

syllogism

Zen said:
Actually it's pretty clear cut. Repeatedly stream snipping and stream cheating the same people over and over again is hard to spin any other way. Especially because of what the streamers generally do, they consider it harassment.
They are just playing the game and streaming has nothing to do with bnet/blizzard. Stream "cheating" isn't actually cheating from blizzard's point of view and it's something streamers can deal with on their own. Blizzard can't easily determine when someone is stream "cheating" anyway.

Zeppelin

I'm thinking of maybe buying a cd-key for this game from offgamers.com but I wonder how fast they'll deliver if you pay by Visa (a debit card)? It says on their homepage that paying by Visa might require "additional documents" and I'm really not that keen on jumping through all those hoops.

hamchan

nilbog21 said:
Liquid really needs to cut nony lol :[
Tyler is way too big of a figure in the community.
Someone like Haypro getting cut? Sure.
Cutting Tyler? Everyone would start hating TL, including myself.

Haunted

syllogism said:
They are just playing the game and streaming has nothing to do with bnet/blizzard. Stream "cheating" isn't actually cheating from blizzard's point of view and it's something streamers can deal with on their own. Blizzard can't easily determine when someone is stream "cheating" anyway.
You don't really believe that yourself, c'mon now.

Arguing for the sake of arguing is fine, but Deezer/CombatEX etc are clearly, clearly harassing certain people on the ladder. If the ToS doesn't protect people from such vicious harassment, what use is it, honestly.

Hugoboss21 said:
http://imgur.com/a/bTRF3

pretty sexy play, relly nice use of that unit...
You can recall fungal'd units?

Mothership just got viable.

Zen

Banned
syllogism said:

Many of the streamers aren't just laying a game, and thanks to stream archiving, many of them have documented proof.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

oh so now that fungals getting nerfed, suddenly toss want to experiment. >_>
nevermind that you could do that since release, we shouldnt let protoss strengths get in the way of a zerg nerf.

Holden

Haunted said:

yaaaa man, mothership can actually do something usefull, mind = blown
it's probably gonna end up patched LOL

I'll try to start getting one late game now

Pandaman said:

oh so now that fungals getting nerfed, suddenly toss want to experiment. >_>
nevermind that you could do that since release, we shouldnt let protoss strengths get in the way of a zerg nerf.

stop hating on protoss, we have the same enemy!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hugoboss21 said:
it's probably gonna end up patched LOL

That honestly wouldn't surprise me, Blizzard has to make sure that 2v2 is balanced!

Holden

Pancakes said:
That honestly wouldn't surprise me, Blizzard has to make sure that 2v2 is balanced!

Everything that the mothership had usefull got patched, but ya archon / collosus toilet was broken lol =[

hamchan

Streaming is a source of revenue while these players are spending hours practicing. So yes it's pretty shitty what Deezer is doing here as he actually is affecting these player's livelihoods.

a176

Banned
hamchan said:
Streaming is a source of revenue while these players are spending hours practicing. So yes it's pretty shitty what Deezer is doing here as he actually is affecting these player's livelihoods.

i dont quite see how stream sniping stops someone from typing /commercial every 5 fucking minutes

syllogism

Haunted said:
You don't really believe that yourself, c'mon now.

Arguing for the sake of arguing is fine, but Deezer/CombatEX etc are clearly, clearly harassing certain people on the ladder. If the ToS doesn't protect people from such vicious harassment, what use is it, honestly.

Well you can make the argument that someone who just cheeses and plays only to troll people is just as harmful. What I'm getting at is how do you determine who is harassing and who is just playing within the rules of the game? I admit that my approach is too legal, given that the TOS and this being Blizzard's service gives them a lot of leeway.

hamchan

a176 said:
i dont quite see how stream sniping stops someone from typing /commercial every 5 fucking minutes
It affects the players practice when they can't ladder without getting RatzDeezer every single game. They could turn the stream off but then they don't get that revenue which I'd imagine is a decent amount of money.

nilbog21

Banned
Guys, there's nothing really to argue. If you're more concerned with winning games/getting good practice than making money, then don't stream. If you want to make money from exhibiting yourself for the pleasure of others, then that's exactly what you'll be doing..

hamchan

nilbog21 said:
Guys, there's nothing really to argue. If you're more concerned with winning games/getting good practice than making money, then don't stream. If you want to make money from exhibiting yourself for the pleasure of others, then that's exactly what you'll be doing..
Or how about this argument: Deezer and his friends could not be dicks so players can get money and good practice at the same time! It's also good for stream viewers if we don't have to see these streamcheating fucks every single match.

Haunted

syllogism said:
Well you can make the argument that someone who just cheeses and plays only to troll people is just as harmful. What I'm getting at is how do you determine who is harassing and who is just playing within the rules of the game? I admit that my approach is too legal, given that the TOS and this being Blizzard's service gives them a lot of leeway.
Since we're in a grey area here (what constitutes harassment and what doesn't) I think you absolutely have to look at this on a case by case basis.

Deezer and CombatEX have long passed an acceptable threshold of bm and mere annoyances, moving into the realm of vicious and specifically targeted harassment - and that repeatedly.

That said, Blizzard's ToS lets them do whatever the fuck they want anyway, so just toss these fuckers out and everyone's happy.

hamchan said:
Basically these streamcheaters are ruining the streams for both the players and the viewers so fuck em, I support anyone that shows abundant appreciation to them.
fixed

edit: I think those people aren't much different from drophackers. They disrupt regular ladder play on the Grandmaster/High Masters level. Whether that's for all the GM players (in the case of players not wanting to get drophacked) or for only a couple few (in the case of specific streamers not wanting to get stream sniped) isn't important. It's bad enough to have them banned and pretty much no one will debate the severity of that punishment. The amount of reports Blizzard must've gotten on Deezer and CombatEX by now should be enough either way. I'm a bit puzzled why they're still around, really.

Holden

hamchan said:
Love this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/kb6om/stream_viewers_guide_to_enjoyable_stream_watching/

Before all this I was indifferent to Destiny, now I like him.

Basically these streamcheaters are ruining the streams for both the players and the viewers so fuck em, I support anyone that spams them.

*HIGH FIVE*

high-five.jpg

nilbog21

Banned
ya i mean if u can get 1,000+ people to simultaneously spam someone during a ladder game, it's probably justified and blizzard should just leave it alone -_-
this will be fixed after patch anyway no?

Holden

nilbog21 said:
ya i mean if u can get 1,000+ people to simultaneously spam someone during a ladder game, it's probably justified and blizzard should just leave it alone -_-
this will be fixed after patch anyway no?

ya it should be fixed next patch

lol@idra he removed his tweet about asking ppl to spam deezer

SteveWinwood said:
How could anyone hate Destiny?

And who the hell would defend Deezer or CombatEX?

if they'd played terran, devil would. lol :D

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
ya it should be fixed next patch

lol@idra he removed his tweet about asking ppl to spam deezer

if they'd played terran, devil would. lol :D
i hate bm players.
all terran and nearly all protoss are really good mannered.
zerg on the other hand are the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom