• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

Q8D3vil said:
why ? you want to drop to silver now ?
vjIsL.gif

Holden

nilbog21 said:
is idra streaming? i dont know why but i'm watching destiny playing through deus ex, this game looks so bad

then why the fuck are you watching it..?

there are like 10 other streams

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
nilbog21 said:
is idra streaming? i dont know why but i'm watching destiny playing through deus ex, this game looks so bad

J9HFN.jpg

Haunted

TheThunder said:
You're missing Sen and XiGua
Was going by this one, but made the mistake of adding today's victory to that manually (because I thought it hadn't been updated yet), when it already had.

There are three competing prize money lists out there, but none of them is complete.

Q8D3vil

nilbog21 said:
sorry, i just can't get past the console controls
i remember when deus ex was a pc game ;[
dunno, i didn't play the original one but this one is extremely awesome.
neogaf seems to like it too and all of them say its infinity better than IW.

good k/m control + dx11 + 1080p +60fps = good pc game for me :p
what i don't like at all is the 3d support only for amd cards :(

StuBurns

Banned
Hey GAF, slowly making it thru the campaign, incredible so far. I have a quick question, this is kind of mid campaign spoilers, so beware for anyone still playing.

When should I do the Protoss mini campaign? Will I be forced to play it soon if I keep doing the normal stuff? There's no way I can go too far and miss it right?

EDIT: Shit, is this thread just for multiplayer stuff? It's in Community. If so, my apologies.

zlatko

Banned
StuBurns said:
Hey GAF, slowly making it thru the campaign, incredible so far. I have a quick question, this is kind of mid campaign spoilers, so beware for anyone still playing.

When should I do the Protoss mini campaign? Will I be forced to play it soon if I keep doing the normal stuff? There's no way I can go too far and miss it right?

EDIT: Shit, is this thread just for multiplayer stuff? It's in Community. If so, my apologies.

Most community threads are like 40% about the game, and the other 60% is just random chatter. Halo GAF is on OT6, because it's 10% Halo, and 90% whatever the hell else.

As for your question just do it right away as you garner rewards to help you out in the other missions.

a176

Banned
StuBurns said:

you can finish the entire game with just marine medic, so these missions are really just for story. on that note, if you havent played SC/BW, you might not get all the nuances of the protoss minicampaign

Vaporak

StuBurns said:

As I recall they're entirely optional, you can do them or not at any time iirc. I did them right away and thought they were some of the best missions in the whole game.

Q8D3vil

StuBurns said:

i don't think you can miss it. its by far the best missions in the sp anyway, but maybe because i don't like missions with timers. you should finish it and try playing mp, sp is really the game biggest weakness (excluding the protoss missions of course).

Zen

Banned
I'm banging my head against a wall when it comes to ling infestor, what sort of composition should I be going for and what tactics should I be employing (as Terran). I have a very strong fast expand opening against zerg that has been winning me games, but it hits a major wall when they, ahem, respond with infestors and waves of lings.

StuBurns

Banned
Thanks guys, I'll give the mini campaign a try now. As for the campaign itself, maybe it is the low point of the package, but I'm really enjoying it. So far the best mission is the one where you hold up at night defending and go out to slaughter in the day. The worst being collecting 8000 minerals while avoiding lava, that was awful.

It could be a couple of months till up for playing with some GAFfers, but if and when the time comes, I'll pop back in. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: That opening cutscene was very impressive, and Kerrigan is strangely hot, reminds me of the Borg Queen.

V_Arnold

Zen said:
I'm banging my head against a wall when it comes to ling infestor, what sort of composition should I be going for and what tactics should I be employing (as Terran). I have a very strong fast expand opening against zerg that has been winning me games, but it hits a major wall when they, ahem, respond with infestors and waves of lings.

You should have either:

a) a 2 base timing attack against inf/ling when Infestors are not even out yet - mostly with hellions or tank/marine
b) try to have a third by the time infestors are out, and do a heavy turtle style with tanks positioned in a way that lings will not be able to surround them. Use bunkers, barracks, nasty supply placement, whatever helps.

Regardless of what you do, you should have a lot of hellions for the fights, and have the proper infrastructure to replace them (2 reactored factory even). I find that if I see a building infestor, I will have time to hit hard and go home before they are a threat. Hellions!

Also, I played Zerg on ladder tonight. Needless to say, all I got was 3 ZVZ. Awesome.

zlatko

Banned
StuBurns said:
Thanks guys, I'll give the mini campaign a try now. As for the campaign itself, maybe it is the low point of the package, but I'm really enjoying it. So far the best mission is the one where you hold up at night defending and go out to slaughter in the day. The worst being collecting 8000 minerals while avoiding lava, that was awful.

It could be a couple of months till up for playing with some GAFfers, but if and when the time comes, I'll pop back in. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: That opening cutscene was very impressive, and Kerrigan is strangely hot, reminds me of the Borg Queen.

I think the people who dislike the campaign on the average are brood war players. I came into SC2 fresh with no exposure to SC1, and I liked it from start to finish. Lot of fun to play, and it had solid presentation in its story telling.

:D

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
SC2's campaign had solid gameplay and varied missions. However, the overall plot is pathetic. SC1's campaign and BW had much better stories.

BigAT

Zen said:
Blue flame hellions/tanks? Should shred that Zerg composition easily. Even straight blue flame hellions by itself should beat those units.

Striek

Pancakes said:
SC2's campaign had solid gameplay and varied missions. However, the overall plot is pathetic. SC1's campaign and BW had much better stories.
Stories which SC2 retroactively ruined.

Haunted

StuBurns said:

I loved the campaign, glad you're having fun. The day/night mission is definitely one of my favourites as well.

Along with the last of the Protoss missions you're about to do. Should be fun. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom