• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Ehm, is it possible to turn off/mod the graphics in the background of the menus? I'm talking about the battlecruiser and planet, they burn up my graphiccards and it turns navigating the menu into a fucking bomb defusing scenario.

StuBurns

Banned
Haunted said:
I loved the campaign, glad you're having fun. The day/night mission is definitely one of my favourites as well.

Along with the last of the Protoss missions you're about to do. Should be fun. :D
I just played two of the Protoss missions, the first one was really different, much closer to an Action RTS than anything since the first mission. The second one I liked more. It's pretty strange trying to fumble thru the menus, taking stabs and which unit does what. I'm sure this is blatant to anyone who's been playing a while, but I didn't expect such fundamental differences in the operations of units. I thought they'd differentiate themselves more in the offensive areas. Now I'm really wishing there was a mini-Zerg campaign too.

Vaporak

StuBurns said:
I just played two of the Protoss missions, the first one was really different, much closer to an Action RTS than anything since the first mission. The second one I liked more. It's pretty strange trying to fumble thru the menus, taking stabs and which unit does what. I'm sure this is blatant to anyone who's been playing a while, but I didn't expect such fundamental differences in the operations of units. I thought they'd differentiate themselves more in the offensive areas. Now I'm really wishing there was a mini-Zerg campaign too.

Yeah all the races are fairly distinctive, it's one of the best parts of the mini-campaign imo.

Haunted

IPL3 qualifier 3 results:

Stephano qualifies! beating

• - atnSocke
    - TSLRevival
    - SlayerSPuzzle
    - ReignKiwikaki
    - SlayerSMMA (he is the second qualifier)

• Damn, what a run.

StuBurns said:
    I totally know what you mean, it's really surprising how different the three races are even to someone with RTS experience (except BW :p) - in unique gameplay mechanics, structures, units, spells - and how the game manages to be so closely balanced overall despite these fundamental differences. Starcraft's three unique balanced races really are Blizzard's premier design accomplishment and something pretty much unmatched within the RTS genre.

And Heart of the Swarm is coming up relatively soon so you won't have to wait that long for that Zerg campaign. :D

StuBurns

Banned
Haunted said:
I totally know what you mean, it's really surprising how different the three races are even to someone with RTS experience (except BW :p) - in unique gameplay mechanics, structures, units, spells - and how the game manages to be so closely balanced overall despite these fundamental differences. Starcraft's three unique balanced races really are Blizzard's premier design accomplishment and something pretty much unmatched within the RTS genre.

And Heart of the Swarm is coming up relatively soon so you won't have to wait that long for that Zerg campaign. :D
Talking of design, and I won't go into depth because this is all old hat for anyone here no doubt, but I'm really impressed with how masterfully designed the campaign is for a new player on normal. I've died twice (both on that first Protoss mission) so far, I'm about half way thru, but I can have completely fucked up, and so far there has always been enough time to try a different strategy and build a new army with that concept in mind, even late in a mission.

I've just been reading up, and I wasn't aware the game was structured as openly as it is, so it seems it should at least be this forgiving until I get the final few missions.

I'm already excited for the expansion, unfortunately I watched the trailer, so the end of this campaign is spoiled somewhat (possibly completely). It looks very cool though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
StuBurns said:
I missed the hidden mission, and Media Blitz kind of sucked, damn.

That's a shame, it's one my favorite missions in the game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
sigh... how many days left... g'night...

I just finished foing through the SC1 and BW campaigns and it really made me realise just how much i hate the story in SC2. Thankfully i could just pretend like that mostrosity never happened and was able still enjoy it.

I'm still annoyed that blizzard has managed to just destroy the whole story of the starcraft universe. I spent 10 years waiting only to have them shit on everything.

Also the units for every race were more interesting in BW. It's a shame cause i can't really give up some of the things in SC2 MP, but i feel like SC2BW may be appealing to me.

Zen

Banned
That just seems to pointless and annoying.

AdventureRacing said:
I just finished foing through the SC1 and BW campaigns and it really made me realise just how much i hate the story in SC2. Thankfully i could just pretend like that mostrosity never happened and was able still enjoy it.

I'm still annoyed that blizzard has managed to just destroy the whole story of the starcraft universe. I spent 10 years waiting only to have them shit on everything.

Also the units for every race were more interesting in BW. It's a shame cause i can't really give up some of the things in SC2 MP, but i feel like SC2BW may be appealing to me.

Well, you can always play the SC2BW conversion online in customs.

jersoc

is there a new GSL thread up? Group S selections are tonight.

also wolf has diablo 3, fuck him, but i still hate moletrap more.

MrKnives

jersoc said:

Just imagine how much you would hate moletrap if he too had DIII

Vaporak

jersoc said:

What time? I'm not seeing it on the "upcoming streams" section on TL.

jersoc

Vaporak said:
What time? I'm not seeing it on the "upcoming streams" section on TL.

oh shit, it's actually the 15th. I figured because it was showing up today on the calendar that it was today. oh well.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
jersoc said:
oh shit, it's actually the 15th. I figured because it was showing up today on the calendar that it was today. oh well.
boo-man.gif

Corky said:
Ehm, is it possible to turn off/mod the graphics in the background of the menus? I'm talking about the battlecruiser and planet, they burn up my graphiccards and it turns navigating the menu into a fucking bomb defusing scenario.

Go into your Starcraft II Variables.txt file (Documents>Starcraft II) and add/change these two: frameratecap=60
frameratecapGlue=30

Locks gameplay at 60fps and menus at 30fps

Mairu

jersoc said:
:(

I was wondering when the group selections was going on. There's no point to start the GSL October thread until after group selections

ultron87

BladedExpert said:
Go into your Starcraft II Variables.txt file (Documents>Starcraft II) and add/change these two: frameratecap=60
frameratecapGlue=30

Locks gameplay at 60fps and menus at 30fps

They never fixed this? I remember when the beta's menu totally killed my old video card.

Haunted

zoukka said:
It was OP.
Not really.

It was a fun technique to watch. I hope Blizz fixes this, I still haven't gotten over them removing the Archon toilet. :( That was probably my favourite play in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom