• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
its funny how blizzard is trying its hardest to prevent micro.
instead of forcing protoss to spread and micro their units they are nerfing banelings drops.
dude no, only terran can micro.

terran = micro
zerg = production [lol]
toss = death ball, production

anything that diverges from that must be stopped.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
dude no, only terran can micro.

terran = micro
zerg = production [lol]
toss = death ball, production

anything that diverges from that must be stopped.
dunno, there were few games where i saw protoss micro against baneling drops and winning the game because of that.
its like they are taking out the excitement :/

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
ultron87 said:
The only Protoss micro that Blizzard thinks is required is force fields.

Bu-bu-but blink stalkers and uh... microing templars.

Haunted

Pandaman said:
blizzard wants all zvp's to be roach/hydra/corruptor into GG protoss victory.
No, I mean I mechanically do not understand the change Blizzard made that causes the banelings not to drop in 1.4.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Haunted said:
No, I mean I mechanically do not understand the change Blizzard made that causes the banelings not to drop in 1.4.
i dunno, i assume its the same principle they did to keep people from casting infested terrans into an island that was already full.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
i dunno, i assume its the same principle they did to keep people from casting infested terrans into an island that was already full.
why don't they make baneling explodes immediately when they drop (like bombs), if you don't hit your target then you will lose the baneling for nothing.
seems a better option than this anyway.

Haunted

Pandaman said:
But that actually makes sense because there's no more space and there could be all sorts of collision issues. Baneling bombs don't take up any space!

This change is stupid.

ultron87

Hopefully it's only an issue because the group of zealots in that video are on hold position and standing perfectly packed. Maybe as things are moving around in combat the banes will still get big enough holes to drop in.

Though if a Protoss perfectly forcefields their whole army into a bubble there won't really be any room.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ultron87 said:
Hopefully it's only an issue because the group of zealots in that video are on hold position and standing perfectly packed. Maybe as things are moving around in combat the banes will still get big enough holes to drop in.
this is possible.

Though if a Protoss perfectly forcefields their whole army into a bubble there really be any room.
before 14, this was easier said than done as hugo can attest. :p if you dont do it right, it turns into 5 banelings wiping out your whole army.

zoukka

Haunted said:

The baneling is not a baneling until it hits ground and recovers all of its properties. That's the technical reason. They don't detonate until they have their collision box full of space to land in.

MrKnives

Well what can I say.
Don't know if they aimed on giving the advantage back to Protoss but if so I salute you. Success.

Pretty much my only ways to win over Protoss were either Infestors fungal + Neuraling his Colossus or Bling dropping him.

Back to square one.

Haunted

zoukka said:
The baneling is not a baneling until it hits ground and recovers all of its properties. That's the technical reason. They don't detonate until they have their collision box full of space to land in.
Well, now they don't. Worked just fine before. I'm still unclear why they would even attempt to change this.

I've never heard anyone complain about Stalife drops (same concept) or Banelings dropping on a clump of units as something that should not be in the game.

oh well, we'll see.

MrKnives

On September 13 2011 04:13 Zelniq wrote:
i was bored just now and just tested this in unit tester and it's basically bullshit. Currently (before patch), you can't unload banelings on top of a clumped up army with no gaps, moving drop or no moving drop. the only way it works is if there are tiny gaps in the army. which is why it works in the 'pre-patch 1.4' video.

i need further testing for 100% confidence in this but it seems all this talk is just for nothing..PTR does nothing

ultron87

It does look a little weird in the 1.3 baneling drop video where the baneling actually drops several overlord lengths away from the overlord into the first available hole in the zealot group. They might've just reduced the range that that can happen at.

Edit: Or according to that post nothing was actually changed.

jasonng

That was my mission when I went up the Great White North a few weeks back. Trust me, you'd be incredibly distracted by their poutine to care about their bagged milks.

Pandaman said:
in a can.
Okay, now you're just trolling.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
BladedExpert said:
Go into your Starcraft II Variables.txt file (Documents>Starcraft II) and add/change these two: frameratecap=60
frameratecapGlue=30

Locks gameplay at 60fps and menus at 30fps

thanks

ultron87

Pandaman said:
in a can.

Reaction_ItalianSpiderman.gif

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
efrY5.jpg

because it would take too much effort to learn another skill based race like terran.
and i have too much self respect to play protoss.

It does not take too much effort, I think.
It is fun to struggle again.

I love playing as Terran, even when I got stomped on.
I might as well have stopped playing SCII if it was not for the race change.

I still love Zerg's feel, but learning to play another race is like reliving your childhood :D

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
http://i.imgur.com/efrY5.jpg[MG]

because it would take too much effort to learn another skill based race like terran.
and i have too much self respect to play protoss.[/QUOTE]
the baneling drop nerf seems to be fake and np won't make it because of thors.

the only thing i'm afraid of is the immortal all in that require 4 bunkers to survive it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:

the only thing i'm afraid of is the immortal all in that require 4 bunkers to survive it.
I admire your capacity for hope, but i do not share in it.

these 'encouragement' buffs are a problem i dont see going away.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Q8D3vil said:

Oh noes...a protoss all in that require something that you get 75% of your minerals back.

:D

Q8D3vil

Oh noes...a protoss all in that require something that you get 75% of your minerals back.
except what am i going to put inside them ? i go mech tvp :/

tanks inside bunkers, make it happen blizzard.

I admire your capacity for hope, but i do not share in it.

these 'encouragement' buffs are a problem i dont see going away.
btw, did you start college ?

jasonng

Pandaman said:
and i have too much self respect to play protoss.
IdrA? Is that u?
LOL oh wait, IdrA has too much self respect to play terran. mah bads.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sigh, GAF is boring without the Pony thread.

I think I might actually start laddering today :eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom