• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
He did? That was just Hero being an idiot. Stargate Allin into Expand at gold? Warp prisim into stuffing up with forcefeild? lol
but he played macro didn't he ?
it seem that hero is the one with who don't have confidence in his macro not mkp.

Dooraven

Q8D3vil said:
but he played macro didn't he ?
it seem that hero is the one with who don't have confidence in his macro not mkp.

I suppose yeah, no idea what hero was doing with the all in and the warp prism stuff. He beat MKP when they both played macro games.

Dooraven

MC v Huk, one of the best games of SC2 to date (lmao)

IB2TC.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What the hell? lol.

Is there a VOD of that game?

Finalow

are infestors going to be nerfed?
wrong race sir.
btw yeah, if you are not korean you should quit stracraft II ''professional way''.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
finalozzo said:
are infestors going to be nerfed?
wrong race sir.
btw yeah, if you are not korean you should quit stracraft II ''professional way''.

Fungal would be fine if it wasn't a snare imo. You basically get caught by one fungal and zerg can chain it up while you can't do anything.

A slowing effect might be more fair.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Pancakes said:
Fungal would be fine if it wasn't a snare imo. You basically get caught by one fungal and zerg can chain it up while you can't do anything.

A slowing effect might be more fair.
a shorter ranged more expensive attack by a weaker siege unit having stronger consequences when you screw up? thats imba!

edit: btw, zelniq was wrong about there being no change to drop in ptr, there has been a change.

C'mon, Pandaman. You're the guiding light of us GAF Zerg nobodies. Admit that fungal is fucking moronic and lead us forward.

It's not like anybody is claiming that there wouldn't be other rebalancing required if fungal were to be made less stupid. (So dumb. So fucking dumb it mostly feels bad to even use it at all.)

hamchan

Changing fungal to a slow spell instead of a freeze spell is a damn fine idea. I remember even Idra suggesting something like that would be good too?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
If you were to take away fungal (make it slow or remove all root completely), what strategy would Zerg players eventually migrate to in the current state of the game?

Deadman

ahoyhoy said:
If you were to take away fungal (make it slow or remove all root completely), what strategy would Zerg players eventually migrate to in the current state of the game?

Terran or protoss.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
slidewinder said:
C'mon, Pandaman. You're the guiding light of us GAF Zerg nobodies. Admit that fungal is fucking moronic and lead us forward.

It's not like anybody is claiming that there wouldn't be other rebalancing required if fungal were to be made less stupid. (So dumb. So fucking dumb it mostly feels bad to even use it at all.)
No matter how moronic it might feel, the alternative of roach/hydra/corruptor was worse.

The good thing about the modern infestor is that they aren't really that great offensively if your opponent plays properly. This drop harass stuff and base snipes are a consequence of people adapting to the style. the ideal infestor balance would be a unit that gives zergs the ability to say 'stay away' through lair tech aand punish players for being aggressive and not properly reading the zergs techpath. and in order to do that. fungal needs to stop units.

We need something like that and i don't see how the hydra or corruptor could ever be something like that without also being ridiculously op if used as an offensive lair timing.

hamchan said:
Changing fungal to a slow spell instead of a freeze spell is a damn fine idea. I remember even Idra suggesting something like that would be good too?
i have no idea what a zerg would be supposed to do against phoenix without stop fungals.

corruptors are too slow.
hydras are gas inefficient.
slow fungals will just get all your infestors gravitoned and shot to pieces.

Q8D3vil

slidewinder said:
I think it'd be mostly "classic" ling/bling/muta vs Terran, and a lot of 2-base all-ins vs Protoss.
using baneling to hit marines seems like a fine idea.
they don't use it right now because infestors are too cost efficient to get baneling anyway.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
they don't use it right now because infestors are too cost efficient to get baneling anyway.
also, banelings don't actually hit marines and when they do, rarely for cost.

thats kind of important.

just because you walk bio on creep and cant micro and are thus forced into meching doesn't mean other terrans cant do it.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
also, banelings don't actually hit marines and when they do, rarely for cost.

thats kind of important.

just because you walk bio on creep and cant micro and are thus forced into meching doesn't mean other terrans cant do it.
who said i mech ?

Deadman

Dreamhack schedule and brackets are out.

BXonR.jpg

All matches are played best-of-3 and the Finals is played best-of-5.

Schedule / Match-ups 17th of September:
15.00 Round of 8 EG HuK (Protoss) vs. Mouz Thorzain (Terran)
16.00 Round of 8 Liquid`HerO (Protoss) vs. EG IdrA (Zerg)
17.00 Round of 8 Fnatic Rain (Terran) vs. Dignitas NaNiwa (Protoss)
18.00 Round of 8 MVP.coL.DongRaeGu (Zerg) vs. APSC2 LucifroN (Terran)
19.00 Semifinal #1 TBA
20.00 Semifinal #2 TBA
21.00 Grand Final TBA

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
I did? we do play each other you know. >_>
i don't mech tvz and never did against you.
i mech for fun custom games and sometime in the ladder but i always go marine tanks medivac in tvz.

BigAT

Q8D3vil said:
Fantastic advice for all our bronze players in the thread. Take it to heart guys and integrate it into your gameplan.

Even bad diamond players can't easily outrun speed banes with their marines back into a tank line. You obviously know this but you still post stupid shit like the above. Why?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
i don't mech tvz and never did against you.
i mech for fun custom games and sometime in the ladder but i always go marine tanks medivac in tvz.
you mech vs me in almost every game!

i dont know what you call tank/thor/ghost/viking, but to me thats mech. >_>

also no shocker that you want to see more banelings when you marine tank, enjoy free wins i take it. :p zergs go infestor vs marine tank because two tank shots will kill more gas in banelings than you'd ever lose in an infestor.

zoukka

Panda why do you keep ignoring the thing that something else would get a buff, if fungal would be nerfed into slow etc. Maybe change the Hydra somehow so it can go toe to toe with Phoenix (lol).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zoukka said:
Panda why do you keep ignoring the thing that something else would get a buff, if fungal would be nerfed into slow etc. Maybe change the Hydra somehow so it can go toe to toe with Phoenix (lol).
because i dont think you can change the hydra in a way to make up for fungal without making, for example, close spawn shattered temple zvp unwinnable for protoss if zerg does a 2base hydra timing.

Its not enough to change a unit to make up for a deficiency somewhere else, you also have to account for how that change will effect every other usage of the unit. Thats why infestors are so nice as they are now, they can be OP without also being heavily offensive. You cant make an OP hydra that can't also be used to attack. you cant stop a hydra timing with good detection and scouting like you can current infestor based attacks.

I know there aren't a whole lot of Destiny fans around these parts, but Destiny's stream today is doing a charity drive for Doctors Without Borders. Worth checking out, I think it's a bit over 2 grand donated at the moment. Oh, Sheth is doing the same thing, so if you prefer someone a bit more manner you can hit up that stream too. Whichever player has the highest at the end of the day, justin tv is gonna match. So. Pretty cool.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
zoukka said:

Like bringing back the Hydra speed upgrade and moving it back to Hatch tech?

I'd be so down.

zoukka

Yeah I'm not saying Hydra is the answer, but there's always room for refinement. (make hydra just biological and not light :b).

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
zoukka said:
Yeah I'm not saying Hydra is the answer, but there's always room for refinement. (make hydra just biological and not light :b).

Would actually be interesting to see that done and would probably see them being used more in ZvZ.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zoukka said:
do hydras actually suffer from being light? i dont worry about hellions or reapers when im going hydra.

and if not the hydra, what exactly? there's not exactly a large pool of options zerg has at its disposal and a consequence of the races mechanics forces a lot of upfront upgrades to curtail viability in the early game. so.. what exactly?

zoukka

Pandaman said:
do hydras actually suffer from being light? i dont worry about hellions or reapers when im going hydra.

Phoenixes man... phoenixes.

Oh and the change would make them even more sucky against tanks :(

and if not the hydra, what exactly? there's not exactly a large pool of options zerg has at its disposal and a consequence of the races mechanics forces a lot of upfront upgrades to curtail viability in the early game. so.. what exactly?

Yeah we'll just have to wait for HotS and pray for a cool mid-game unit for zerg.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zoukka said:
Phoenixes man... phoenixes.
the hydra phoenix problem is mostly just 5-8 phoenixes gangbanging individual hydras as the pop, in an actual battle its not as huge an issue i dont think.

Yeah we'll just have to wait for HotS and pray for a cool mid-game unit for zerg.
pretty much.

zergs designed like brood war where lair was just that thing you got while rushing to hive tech, but in sc2 terran and protoss are much stronger during that phase of the game than their brood war counterparts.

Q8D3vil

BigAT said:
Fantastic advice for all our bronze players in the thread. Take it to heart guys and integrate it into your gameplan.

Even bad diamond players can't easily outrun speed banes with their marines back into a tank line. You obviously know this but you still post stupid shit like the above. Why?
i meant, baneling with fungal.
i always thought baneling and infestors pre patch complement each other, i don't think zerg tried to make that composition works (probably because zerg used to have a shitty micro back then).
dunno, but it was a suggestion so don't eat me alive.

you mech vs me in almost every game!

i dont know what you call tank/thor/ghost/viking, but to me thats mech. >_>

also no shocker that you want to see more banelings when you marine tank, enjoy free wins i take it. :p zergs go infestor vs marine tank because two tank shots will kill more gas in banelings than you'd ever lose in an infestor.
this is my usual serious tvz build (from a recent tvz game).
caAjY.jpg

it doesn't look like mech to me.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
i meant, baneling with fungal.
i always thought baneling and infestors pre patch complement each other, i don't think zerg tried to make that composition works (probably because zerg used to have a shitty micro back then).
dunno, but it was a suggestion so don't eat me alive.
you know, i did actually use infestor ling zvt before the fungal change, it does work. did work.

fungal change was a zvp thing and also happened to help in zvt which was and has been since release, terran favoured.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
you know, i did actually use infestor ling zvt before the fungal change, it does work. did work.

fungal change was a zvp thing and also happened to help in zvt which was and has been since release, terran favoured.
well, i'm pretty sure nothing is working out as blizzard planned.
the fact that blizzard didn't expect players to micro marines against baneling is very embarrassing.

Boken

Banned
I think the problem is that zerg lacks a mid game unit that could defensively control space. The infestor with the more potent fungal happened to fit that role. Anyway, clearly we need lurkers back.

Q8D3vil

Boken said:
I think the problem is that zerg lacks a mid game unit that could defensively control space. The infestor with the more potent fungal happened to fit that role. Anyway, clearly we need lurkers back.
maybe in hots but there is no way they are adding anything now.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
i think most of us can agree that nobody is going to be playing WoL for very long after Hots or Lotv
WoL will die the second Hots hit the stores.
i don't know why would anyone play the "beta" when the full game is out.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
WoL will die the second Hots hit the stores.
i don't know why would anyone play the "beta" when the full game is out.
yep. it wont be like sc1 where there are to this day, people who still play the original game. :(

ultron87

I'm sure WoL will have some hangers on.

There must be some people out there who are still SUPER PISSED about the trilogy thing who refuse to buy anything past the base game.

Q8D3vil

Uninstalled the game.
It was very fun. My favorite game of the last five years. Or ten.
why are you quitting it ?
can't play terran while still being loyal to zerg >_>

I'm sure WoL will have some hangers on.

There must be some people out there who are still SUPER PISSED about the trilogy thing who refuse to buy anything past the base game.
dunno, this is sc2 not cod.

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:
why are you quitting it ?
can't play terran while still being loyal to zerg >_>

I love it, still gonna follow the scene :D
Too much stress. I was always borderline-high blood pressure guy, and taking Marfarin does not help either :p I have went from 95kg to 80 already, it is awesome, but the stress sources in my life are still there. Just finished a 20-25 min TVZ where my apm was something like 100-120 (SCII) constantly, and at the end, I could feel my heart beat faster, and that is fucking horrible, to be honest. I just do not need this stress daily.

Especially not when I need constant practice to keep up with metagame, and I would rather design/program my game and write my book instead :D

Will come back at HOTS, obviously, until then, I am working on reaching a zen-like state within the game. Really :D

MrKnives

V_Arnold said:
I love it, still gonna follow the scene :D
Too much stress. I was always borderline-high blood pressure guy, and taking Marfarin does not help either :p I have went from 95kg to 80 already, it is awesome, but the stress sources in my life are still there. Just finished a 20-25 min TVZ where my apm was something like 100-120 (SCII) constantly, and at the end, I could feel my heart beat faster, and that is fucking horrible, to be honest. I just do not need this stress daily.

Especially not when I need constant practice to keep up with metagame, and I would rather design/program my game and write my book instead :D

Will come back at HOTS, obviously, until then, I am working on reaching a zen-like state within the game. Really :D

Why take anything that seriously. I haven't played a ladder game in a week or two probably. But I just have fun playing 2v2 or with Devil / fanboi and occasional custom. I don't even feel I would suck if I would start laddering again.

Losen up a little and just play for fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom