• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

MrKnives said:
Why take anything that seriously. I haven't played a ladder game in a week or two probably. But I just have fun playing 2v2 or with Devil / fanboi and occasional custom. I don't even feel I would suck if I would start laddering again.

Losen up a little and just play for fun

I am trying to not take it seriously, and I am not giving a fuck but my body does for some reason. I could try to lower my apm artificially, but I might just try and get a better "mind over body" in the next few months, and come back as a new man :D

MrKnives

V_Arnold said:
I am trying to not take it seriously, and I am not giving a fuck but my body does for some reason. I could try to lower my apm artificially, but I might just try and get a better "mind over body" in the next few months, and come back as a new man :D

Start going mech. Makes you play in slow-mo.

Deadman

MLG global invitational starts tonight.

Tonight's Matches:
EG.IdrA vs Destiny
RGNKiwikaki vs Major
RGNSlush vsLiquid`Tyler
EG.iNcontroL vs [Liquid`Sheth

Casted by JP and Artosis

http://www.mlg.tv/

In about 1 hour 20 minutes.

Finalow

ok, i'm not using hotkeys very much. Watching some pro-gamers i can see that they use a lot the keyboard. I usually use the mouse for build something or for moving from a base to another, i'm not used to hotkeys and that stuff. Is there something to learn how to use only hotkeys and do things very fast? (it's really another thing, like 5 times faster).

Q8D3vil said:
caAjY.jpg
shouldn't be better with more tanks? If They go banes they rape you.

Deadman said:
MLG global invitational starts tonight.

Tonight's Matches:
EG.IdrA vs Destiny
RGNKiwikaki vs Major
RGNSlush vsLiquid`Tyler
EG.iNcontroL vs [Liquid`Sheth

Casted by JP and Artosis

http://www.mlg.tv/

In about 1 hour 20 minutes.

It's live right? Sounds hot, too bad I'll miss the first match; hopefully I can leave work by 7:30pm

Q8D3vil

finalozzo said:
ok, i'm not using hotkeys very much. Watching some pro-gamers i can see that they use a lot the keyboard. I usually use the mouse for build something or for moving from a base to another, i'm not used to hotkeys and that stuff. Is there something to learn how to use only hotkeys and do things very fast? (it's really another thing, like 5 times faster).

shouldn't be better with more tanks? If They go banes they rape you.
i had 2 more tanks but lost them in the battle, my opponent invested all of his gas in muta and lost because of it.

using 3 control groups is awesome,
1 for army
2 for casters
3 air units
hot keying the eng bay/armory is important too to upgrade on the fly

Deadman

PhoenixDark said:
It's live right? Sounds hot, too bad I'll miss the first match; hopefully I can leave work by 7:30pm

They said its a mix of live and replays, depending on whether they could schedule it/timezone issues. Live play is preferred and they said they would inform the viewer when it was a replay.

Q8D3vil

Deadman said:
They said its a mix of live and replays, depending on whether they could schedule it/timezone issues. Live play is preferred and they said they would inform the viewer when it was a replay.
destiny vs idra is probably a replay since destiny is doing a charity event right now and idra on his way to Valencia.

finalozzo said:

There's an option in the menu that turns on hotkey prompts on the command box. So when you're looking at unit commands you can see the hotkey for each and every one as you play. Turn that on and try to use only hotkeys when you play. Eventually you'll find out what works best for you in terms of marrying mouse and keyboard play.

Vaporak

So we know 1/1/1 openings have been around for ever in SC2, but doesn't anyone know of the earliest mention/use of specifically marine/siegetank/bashee(plus optional raven) in TvP?

Vaporak

ultron87 said:
Answer is obvious. It's the Tasteless build.

I'm sure someone did it during the beta.

Sure, I remember having to play against it back in early release/beta, but it'd be nice to have a source besides my own memory. The earliest version of the 1/1/1 article on Liquipedia mentions marine/tank/raven pushing in TvP almost a year ago so the idea was obviously floating around.

Finalow

Q8D3vil said:
using 3 control groups is awesome,
1 for army
2 for casters
3 air units
hot keying the eng bay/armory is important too to upgrade on the fly
mh, right now i'm using control groups only for hatcheries, so i can make units while i'm in combat.

jasonng

Then your injects must be suffering. I use hotkeys 1-3 for armies, 4 for all hatcheries, 5 for queen on main, 6 for queen at natural, 7 for queen at third, etc. So 4 to make armies. Press 55vClick, 66vClick, etc for injects then back to whatever it is I'm doing. Try it.

jasonng said:
Then your injects must be suffering. I use hotkeys 1-3 for armies, 4 for all hatcheries, 5 for queen on main, 6 for queen at natural, 7 for queen at third, etc. So 4 to make armies. Press 55vClick, 66vClick, etc for injects then back to whatever it is I'm doing. Try it.

What if you get more than 3 hatcheries/queens? I don't really like injecting like that i much prefer to just have all my queens on one hotkey and cycle through them. It's faster and actually holds up in the late game with tons of hatches.

The only issue is you have to be careful when queens get sniped because you have situations where queens walk across the map to inject a queenless hatch.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Bought my ticket to MLG Orlando.

Can't wait to meet some fellow fans and hopefully a couple pros too.

jasonng

AdventureRacing said:
What if you get more than 3 hatcheries/queens? I don't really like injecting like that i much prefer to just have all my queens on one hotkey and cycle through them. It's faster and actually holds up in the late game with tons of hatches.

The only issue is you have to be careful when queens get sniped because you have situations where queens walk across the map to inject a queenless hatch.
Late game I'd have 4 queens hotkeyed but by that time I'm already overstocked with larvae. If you've been keeping up with your injections and macro properly, you can get away with three queens. I used to put all queens on one hotkey (I suffered the lone walking queens countless times) and I will say you'd be surprised how incredibly efficient you'll be with injections with this layout compared to one hotkey queens.

jasonng said:
Late game I'd have 4 queens hotkeyed but by that time I'm already overstocked with larvae. If you've been keeping up with your injections and macro properly, you can get away with three queens. I used to put all queens on one hotkey (I suffered the lone walking queens countless times) and I will say you'd be surprised how incredibly efficient you'll be with injections with this layout compared to one hotkey queens.

I might give it a try. Sometimes my injecting does seem to fall apart in the late game.

jasonng

hamchan said:
omg Sheth is losing so badly to Destiny in the 24 hour streaming thing :(
Worry not, Sheth completely schooled him earlier.

Edit: Oh you're talking about Sheth losing to Destiny in Marine Arena. Pffft.

Ashhong

oh...not bad i guess. cant expect destiny numbers. cella is hilarious. after destiny explains that he is using a lower account, cella mumbles "hmm im going to snipe go sheth"
lol.gif

I've been having success with a 14pool 13gas opening into +1 attack lings against Toss. Works very well on maps with wide natural areas like Shattered Temple. So far I've only lost using it once, when a masters Toss destroyed me; he split my shit apart with sentries. I find that getting my evo chamber up before putting my expansion down works best.

If only Panda was ever online he could show me his, so I could take notes

Dooraven

Uh what happened to Puma, Mana just roflstomped him. Also Puma got supply blocked T.T.

Definitley stealing Mana's build though, I think he might have just destroyed the 1/1/1.

Mana is definitely approaching Naniwa and Huk as the best foreign Toss, especially his PvT is beastly. He lost earlier in the EG-Mouz match vs Puma, but then came back to beat him 2-0 (and he beat Puma a week or so ago in another tourney).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom