• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Yoshi finally broke something that wasn't his to break and his parents were like

H8uLh.gif

Zen

Banned
Yoshichan said:
im this close to giving up

please if anyone here lives in sweden pm me

thank you

Could you actually explain what your circumstance is, in detail, and why it has come about, in detail? I mean you've been pretty vague. To clarrify I do not live in Sweden, but people in this thread barely understand wtf is going on for you right now. Go make a homeless age thread in OT or something. Things can't be that bad.

nilbog21

Banned
i practically watched it in its entirety for 24 hours while studying..i saw him streaming deus ex at 5 in the morning before i left haha. i gota give this game another shot :<

highlights: MomaN

jersoc

nilbog21 said:
i practically watched it in its entirety for 24 hours while studying..i saw him streaming deus ex at 5 in the morning before i left haha. i gota give this game another shot :<

highlights: MomaN

he like passed out eventually too, was pretty funny.

Deadly

Hahhaha DRG's tweets are hilarious.
DRG: A baneling drop nerf followed by the infestor nerf… Seriously, WTF. Things like this really doesn’t make me want to play

Puma: Awwww did our precious DRG get angry?

DRG: How dare you try and console me when you play an imbalanced race
DRG: They’re saying it wont affect anything? I really have nothing to say to that…

Alicia: The birth of a zerg balance whiner

Q8D3vil

fuck the whiners, its being tested in the ptr for a reason
if he don't like his race he might as well change.

more terrans = mvp winning more gsl's.

fanboi

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
fuck the whiners, its being tested in the ptr for a reason
if he don't like his race he might as well change.

more terrans = mvp winning more gsl's.

If NP goes through, it will be a mindfuck.

Since what to do against thors?

Q8D3vil

fanboi said:
If NP goes through, it will be a mindfuck.

Since what to do against thors?
i agree, but testing in ptr =/= implementing change to the game.
do you remember the projectile fungal change that can't even catch blink stalker and get canceled by pdd. they tested it and suddenly they announced buffing the infestors to their current state.

its just retarded how people think when history proved them wrong again and again so many times.

fanboi

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
do you remember the projectile fungal change that can't even catch blink stalker and get canceled by pdd. they tested it and suddenly they announced buffing the infestors to their current state.

its just retarded how people think when history proved them wrong again and again so many times.

Yeah, Im not saying that it will go through... but if.

jasonng

finalozzo said:
one control group = more than one thing? I mean, can i use ctrl + 4 for all my queens?
Anyway for injects i need to click on the base, i mean it's pretty useless doing like you do, i can't injects while i'm combat, right?
Q8D3vil said:
you can inject during combat by using the mini map but you need to be precise why doing it so you don't miss up your hotkey or queen movement.
Yes, you can put anything under one hotkey and yes, that means you can put all your queens under one hotkey. I don't recommend it though. Devil is explaining TLO's method of injecting but it requires such a precision that one misclick can cause you all sorts of trouble. Not worth it especially at your level. The hotkey setup I use is much faster than putting all queens on one hotkey because you'd still have to click on the minimap where your hatch is.

This is what happens with you put queens on separate hotkeys. Say you have an army under 1, and larvae pops on both your main and natural hatcheries. Now you're looking at your army because you're in the middle of a battle. So you press 55v and click, then 66v and click, then press 1 twice and you're back to your army. When you press 5 the first time, you highlight your main's queen. Pressing 5 again puts your queen in the center of your screen. Press v for inject and click on your hatch which is right next to your queen. Repeat for your next queen. With practice, you can inject all your hatches in under two seconds.

If it helps, you can also put your main hatch on 5 ALONG with your main's queen (and pair off the rest of your queens and hatch). Doing so means your hatch will be at the center of your screen when you use the above method. When you have other hatches paired off, you don't have to move your cursor since your hatch will always be in the middle. If you still don't understand, Psystarcraft has a video on this.

MrKnives

If you just look at the number of changes that happens in ptr on avarage and how many of those go through. There is a bigger chance for it going through than getting cancelled.

Q8D3vil said:

The point of putting changes on the PTR is to get feedback about the changes and that's what people are doing.

Maybe the changes won't go through but just the fact that they are considering some of these terrible changes kinda says something about there ideas on how to balance the game.

Zen

Banned
MrKnives said:
If you just look at the number of changes that happens in ptr on avarage and how many of those go through. There is a bigger chance for it going through than getting cancelled.

But as we've seen with the projectile fungal, or when they tested the waters with 'fungal no longer hits air units', unpopular changes haven't gone through.

Q8D3vil said:

I absolutely agree with you, but it's also important that the community does react to the propsed changes. It's even more important that the community is vocal about what they like and don't like; that is an integral component of the PTR for Blizzard.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
internet and tv are all crapped out =[

don't know what you got until its gone. Thank god for secretly tethering my phones internet, but shhh, don't tell att that.

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
so you agree that people should call the lead balance designer "no brain/retard" because he want to test some thing on the ptr ?
i remember all the important changes being adjusted before getting finalized (infestors and warpgates come to mind recently).
unless blizzard have a secret reasons they are not willing to share right now (ex nerfing thor because they want it as a support unit).

i guess there will always be retarded people but i was surprised when someone like drg was one of them.
I absolutely agree with you, but it's also important that the community does react to the propsed changes. It's even more important that the community is vocal about what they like and don't like; that is an integral component of the PTR for Blizzard.
of course players opinion are important but saying shit like this is retarded and won't get us anywhere.

MrKnives

Q8D3vil said:
so you agree that people should call the lead balance designer "no brain/retard" because he want to test some thing on the ptr ?
i remember all the important changes being adjusted before getting finalized (infestors and warpgates come to mind recently).
unless blizzard have a secret reasons they are not willing to share right now (ex nerfing thor because they want it as a support unit).

i guess there will always be retarded people but i was surprised when someone like drg was one of them.

I haven't said all that much really but no I don't agree. I'm just saying that there is a high probability chance it will go through and the only way it will be cancelled if Blizzard feels some resistance.
You mentioned things like the air fungal cancel as an example but you forget tha there was even a bigger shitstorm than there is now.

I don't know if you have a lot on PTR but it's a place where people don't really play normal games and just go mass whatever was buffed. Which in this case can be good (mass thors) but I wouldn't the ptr testers to do anything.

cdyhybrid

Q8D3vil said:

of course players opinion are important but saying shit like this is retarded and won't get us anywhere.
You're assuming that there is rational, reasonable thinking going on behind what Blizzard does involving the PTR. A fatal mistake. It's not 2003, Blizzard isn't the gold standard of quality game development anymore.

MrKnives

cdyhybrid said:
You're assuming that there is rational, reasonable thinking going on behind what Blizzard does involving the PTR. A fatal mistake. It's not 2003, Blizzard isn't the gold standard of quality game development anymore.

I would still say that top 2 is Blizzard and Valve. For me at least. Two companies that have never made a game I didn't like or felt disappointed.

cdyhybrid

MrKnives said:
I would still say that top 2 is Blizzard and Valve. For me at least. Two companies that have never made a game I didn't like or felt disappointed.
I'm not saying they're trash, but there have been some major fuckups since Activision came into the picture. Valve is the king now.

MrKnives

cdyhybrid said:
I'm not saying they're trash, but there have been some major fuckups since Activision came into the picture. Valve is the king now.

Valve has their desks on wheels for rapid project transition. You can't go more king than that really.

fanboi

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
if the NP change goes through, I quit.

just kidding, I quit.

Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through Go through

just kiddning, Go through

Zen

Banned
cdyhybrid said:

A bit hyperbolic don't you think? There is a rational for everything they put on PTR, even when it's as small as 'let's see how breaking this effects thing'. They're testing things, afterall, and shaking things up in a controlled environment provides potent insights that you might not otherwise have.

About all you can take away from the proposed NP change is that they're looking at continuing to tweak infestors. There's almost no chance that it will go through as is.

cdyhybrid

Zen said:
A bit hyperbolic don't you think? There is a rational for everything they put on PTR, even when it's as small as 'let's see how breaking this effects thing'. They're testing things, afterall, and shaking things up in a controlled environment provides potent insights that you might not otherwise have.

About all you can take away from the proposed NP change is that they're looking at continuing to tweak infestors. There's almost no chance that it will go through as is.
I'll believe it when I see it.

jasonng

Hmm, Keikaku switched races well before we knew about the incoming Zerg Nerf patch. Is he a prophet among us? Did he see the signs that led to our demise? Were we not heeding to his warnings? He has abandoned us but will he come back to save us?

lOAXv.png

At a time of crisis, my zerg brothers and I must remain on the lookout for one another. Do we remember our muta/ling/bling? Must we have to build roach hydra corrupters again? Protoss drops/warpins? Now is the time for unity. We must hold out for HOTS. We will become the OP race again. Our time will come.

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Megaton Team Monobattles>
<MorroW's Micro Tournament>

Mumble + Stream
:(
No streams this week. :( :( ;(

MUMBLE INFORMATION:
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

nitric0

My Protoss vs Zerg is pretty awful right now. What's a good unit composition in a late game vs Z when the Z goes mass ling/infestor/corruptor

mcrae

Pai Pai Master said:
I feel like I've completely forgotten how to play this game. I'm losing like shit every time.

i feel like how set-in-stone your MMR is should degrade over time.. but that it doesnt. so if you take a 2 month break, you can much more easily jump from plat->masters or plat->bronze withing 15-20 games... aka the same number that would be required for someone just starting out. the more time you go without playing, the less the system cares about how accurately it placed you in the past.

gaf night!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
finalozzo said:
one control group = more than one thing? I mean, can i use ctrl + 4 for all my queens?
Anyway for injects i need to click on the base, i mean it's pretty useless doing like you do, i can't injects while i'm combat, right?
Well once you get a surround you just 1a, maybe 1a2a
Then you 5 'inject key' 'hold shift' '~ for my next base key' 'spam left click'. Takes 2 seconds or less.

You can do this in other methods but I like having ~ be universal across all the races.

*To add new queens to ctrl 4, just select the queen and press shift + 4. This will add it.

1. Put all queens on 1 hotkey.
2. Select queens.
3. Press Spawn Larvae hotkey.
4. Press Backspace once to center on a hatch.
5. Hold Right Side Shift. (With left hand thumb, do not release at all)
6. Click Left Mouse Button + Backspace (Hit backspace with left hand index\middle finger) <- Repeat this series of actions rapidly. Hitting LMB and Backspace over and over in succession.
7. All hatches are injected.

mcrae said:
i feel like how set-in-stone your MMR is should degrade over time.. but that it doesnt. so if you take a 2 month break, you can much more easily jump from plat->masters or plat->bronze withing 15-20 games... aka the same number that would be required for someone just starting out. the more time you go without playing, the less the system cares about how accurately it placed you in the past.

gaf night!

I haven't even taken a break though! Last week I think I was doing fine. I was working my way up to Platinum again and I was playing well and winning consistently. This week I've been sucking it up big time for really stupid reasons. :) Maybe it's just nerves, but I definitely don't want to give up.

I think I'm gonna join you guys tonight and get me some edoocashun if that's cool.

Ashhong

Wait, are thors still massive? I was playing today and fungal stopped thors in their track. Also didn't see the word Massive when I clicked on it.

Dooraven

Ashhong said:
Wait, are thors still massive? I was playing today and fungal stopped thors in their track. Also didn't see the word Massive when I clicked on it.

Fungal still stops massive. NP shouldn't affect it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom