• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugoboss21 said:
Dude fuck you seriously you have no fucking clue what i am in right now

Oh, I'm just teasing. You are a sophomore in high school. Correct? Or do you not go to school in the U.S. which would make your statement accurate.

Edit: Wait, ignored...seriously? hahaha Maybe I was correct about your age!

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
that's fine too.
btw, is gsl october the last gsl season for 2011 ?

its only mid september atm, i doubt they wouldn't do a gsl Nov/Dec. But i think there is some blizzard big tourny or w.e

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
its only mid september atm, i doubt they wouldn't do a gsl Nov/Dec. But i think there is some blizzard big tourny or w.e
interesting, i'm thinking about what they might change in the format to get rid of terrans.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
hamchan said:
Ponies make people angry.

You mean a lack of Ponies.

Once season 2 starts everyone will chill the fuck out.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
mech tvz for life
it just would have killed em to try to see how the toss buffs would change the matchup, so they just had to throw in some nerfs too just incase zvt needed some mucking up too.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
it just would have killed em to try to see how the toss buffs would change the matchup, so they just had to throw in some nerfs too just incase zvt needed some mucking up too.
don't forget np steal upgrades too now.
if you can get them first lololol

meching tvp is going to be hard :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
don't forget np steal upgrades too now.
if you can get them first lololol

meching tvp is going to be hard :(
oh yea, super immortals and the only dropship that can turretdive can now do it wihout even losing health. ouch for terran mech.

zoukka

I feel confident against mech as zerg. Free expos and fast brolords to the win. On some maps it's a bitch yes, but the colossi was the money target for NP and like Panda said, now plain forcefields will rape any attempt of grabbing the colossi.

Q8D3vil

zoukka said:
I feel confident against mech as zerg. Free expos and fast brolords to the win. On some maps it's a bitch yes, but the colossi was the money target for NP and like Panda said, now plain forcefields will rape any attempt of grabbing the colossi.
which blows my mind every time goody wins.
i still think there are some pretty good mech timings (trying to figure them out).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
you know, every time i play pvz and i see infestors, i just select my colossus and start targetting down the infestors i see launching the parasite. works for me. >_>

whats so hard about it? its not like tanks where you have a long cooldown and you're immobile. you pretty much have to pull a combatEX to lose all your colossi these days.

zoukka

Q8D3vil said:
which blows my mind every time goody wins.
i still think there are some pretty good mech timings (trying to figure them out).

Don't get me wrong, you really gotta be ready when the mechball comes. Many times it's my reinforcements against what's rest of the mech while Terrans base is flooded with lings and stuff. If the Terran is patient, it's a hard build to crack, but too often Terrans unsiege most of their tanks and get run over badly.

Also if you let Zerg get enought brolords and supporting corrupter, then you are pretty much fucked. Dunno how mass ravens would do there... good probably?

Q8D3vil

zoukka said:
Don't get me wrong, you really gotta be ready when the mechball comes. Many times it's my reinforcements against what's rest of the mech while Terrans base is flooded with lings and stuff. If the Terran is patient, it's a hard build to crack, but too often Terrans unsiege most of their tanks and get run over badly.

Also if you let Zerg get enought brolords and supporting corrupter, then you are pretty much fucked. Dunno how mass ravens would do there... good probably?
terran always struggle with the gas if he play mech so ravens are out of the question....

plus raven are bad against roaches.

ksan

Awesome Animals said:
I'd vote barcraft. But that is just me.
Ye, but I can't go right when they open, so I'm afraid my friends and I won't be able to get inside...

but then again! I could just go to a normal bar in case that would happen! fuck, im a damn genius

Mairu

MLG Raleigh Assorted Statistics

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mlg-orlando-starcraft-2-map-pool

MLG Shakuras Plateau
MLG Shattered Temple
MLG Tal’darim Altar
MLG Antiga Shipyard
MLG Dual Sight
MLG Metalopolis
MLG Xel’Naga Caverns

Changes from the Raleigh Map Pool:

MLG Testbug removed
MLG Antiga Shipyard added

Changes made to the MLG version of Antiga Shipyard:

Terrain between Main Bases and 2nd Expansion has been modified to prevent Siege Tanks from hitting the geysers.
Terrain at the bottom right corner has been modified to prevent pylon warp-ins at the Expansion.
Neutral supply depots have been added to the bottom of each Main Base ramp, identically to how this is done on other MLG maps.
Cross-map spawns will be forced.

MLG Map Pool looks totally dated now. I wish they would've added Daybreak instead of Antiga Shipyard. Maybe next year they'll start hiring map-makers

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
whats wrong with antiga?
Dizzy has really sold it to me and its one of my favourite maps now.
bit hard TvB ZvT but thats about it.

Mairu

Pandaman said:
whats wrong with antiga?
Dizzy has really sold it to me and its one of my favourite maps now.
bit hard TvB ZvT but thats about it.
Nothing is wrong with it in terms of balance it's just Blizzard makes the most boring maps and it's disappointing that they've taken out (an admittedly imbalanced) a community-created map for another Blizzard ladder map.

edit: I think I would've been fine with Shakuras or Xel'Naga being taken out and replaced with Antiga Shipyard and Testbug being replaced with Daybreak or another GSL/ESV map :/

jasonng

Pandaman said:
"one of my" does not become "my" >_>

this is how wars are started!
One of your favorite maps? I bet you like searing crater too since it's easy to wall off your natural with bunkers and rax.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
I heard Applejack is one of your fav ponies
rsN0H.png

zargle

PhoenixDark said:
I heard Applejack is one of your fav ponies

Maybe you guys should reimagine Belle Eve as a southern Belle, complete with cowboy hat and accent.

In actual starcraft news, given the number of each race in each division, would you rather watch Code A, with more variety, or Code S, ostensibly better play but nonstop terran?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom