• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarFox 2 translated

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
BEFORE I BEGIN: This post will not help you in locating the rom. Although this game was never released it still applies to the TOS rules. For the record I have never touched or played said pirated software.

Now that we have that out of the way let's start. A rom-hacking group by the name of Aeon Genesis have succesfully translated the beta release of this game and even went so far as to remove the non-functional parts and the debug options making it appear to be a finished product. While I don't understand the specifics of why they cancelled this game, the sequel had a lot of awesome stuff and it looked like it was coming along fine. I still remember the magazine articles about the game, it looked stellar. Sadly it was "put on hold" indefinitely and thus a legend in emulation was born.

I suppose providing a link to Aeon Genesis' website is against the TOS since they give impressions of pirated software. If any mod can "ok" this then I'll go ahead and provide the links.

Jonnyram

Maybe Nintendo will put it on a Starfox bonus disc when Starfox eventually comes out for the GC (the shooter one, not Rare's Dinosaur Adventures)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
CVXFREAK said:
That would be nice, but I think Nintendo would rather put it on GBA. Star Fox 2 isn't bonus disc material. X_X
They should retool the game to work on the GBA. Actually I'm a bit suprised that the original was never released either. Maybe an upgraded DS port with both games? Who knows.

Star Fox 2 is awesome. It's too bad none of the roms out there work properly. You can't appreciate how good it is unless you get a working version.

jarrod

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
They should retool the game to work on the GBA. Actually I'm a bit suprised that the original was never released either. Maybe an upgraded DS port with both games? Who knows.
Yes please, I'll take Star Fox 1+2 DS. :)

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
I played it while testing FX Fighter at Argonaut :)

It later became Vortex I believe. Well, it looked shockingly similar anyway. I remember not liking the tank section of the game (in Starfox 2).

ge-man

This thread just got me thinking about the GC Star Fox. I wonder when we'll get more information about it. We've seen almost nothing of the single player game (which I'm mostly interested in).

I need a new rail shooter after playing PDO to death.

Vormund

boutrosinit said:
I played it while testing FX Fighter at Argonaut :)

It later became Vortex I believe. Well, it looked shockingly similar anyway. I remember not liking the tank section of the game (in Starfox 2).

How was FX fighter shaping up? pity the SNES version got canned.

Also Vortex is seperate to StarFox2, which was solely done by Nintendo. Vortex was also called Citadel at one point.

jarrod

Banned
How many FX1/2 chipped SNES games were there?

-Star Fox (Nintendo/Argonaut)
-Stunt Race FX (Nintendo)
-Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Nintendo)
-Doom (Willaims)
-Dirt Trax FX (Acclaim/Argonaut)
-Vortex (Electro Brain/Argonaut)
-Winter Gold (Nintendo/Funcom)

-Star Fox 2 (Nintendo)
-FX Fighter (Nintendo/GTE/Argonaut)
-Commanche (Nintendo/Novalogic)

...anything else?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I had FX Fighter for the PC. It was a g-dawful game. I imagine the SNES version would have both looked and ran worse, and that's why it was cancelled.

Top Bottom