• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfox Assualt - Direct Feed Screens

olimario

Banned
:lol
"rawr"
3023320041112_183830_6_big.jpg

3023320041112_183756_1_big.jpg

BOMB BOMB
It looks good in motion, but not in stills.
You see the jaggies, poor textures, etc...

3023320041112_183806_2_big.jpg
3023320041112_183812_3_big.jpg
3023320041112_183751_0_big.jpg
3023320041112_183824_5_big.jpg
3023320041112_183816_4_big.jpg

I have to wonder why they keep on releasing high-res artworks of that fruity and disturbing characters...
Anyway, looks quite OK to me. Will it be any longer than Starfox 64, that should have been sold at a budget price for that minutes of gameplay?

olimario

Banned
Guns N' Poops said:
I have to wonder why they keep on releasing high-res artworks of that fruity and disturbing characters...
Anyway, looks quite OK to me. Will it be any longer than Starfox 64, that should have been sold at a budget price for that minutes of gameplay?

Starfox 64 has a lot of levels and a ton of replayability.
Absolutely worth the 60+ I paid for it.

olimario said:
BOMB BOMB
It looks good in motion, but not in stills.
You see the jaggies, poor textures, etc...
except for the fact that these screen captures arent exactly the... best.. quality grabs you can get, as they look about how mine look through my tv-tuner card.

GDGF

Soothsayer
olimario said:
Starfox 64 has a lot of levels and a ton of replayability.
Absolutely worth the 60+ I paid for it.

It was my most played N64 game (or very close to GoldenEye anyway)

It looks pretty solid in movement, especially the space mission that second screen is from.
@olimario: Some of us europeans had to pay heavier, really bad prices for N64 games back in that time. So was the case with me and the gameplay time was very disappointing for that...

mumu

If the airwing missions play anything like Starfox64 i don't care how it looks, it might just as well look like Starfox64 itself as long as there are new missions.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
shame about the third person furry segments. the rail shooting actually looks pretty good, even if it'll never approach the quality of the original. what are argonaut up to these days? why don't nintendo give them another shot at starfox? their track record still isn't as spotty as kuju's or n-space's, and they're still the only developer to really do starfox right.

ge-man

drohne said:
shame about the third person furry segments. the rail shooting actually looks pretty good, even if it'll never approach the quality of the original. what are argonaut up to these days? why don't nintendo give them another shot at starfox? their track record still isn't as spotty as kuju's or n-space's, and they're still the only developer to really do starfox right.

Argonaut is dead. Someone posted the news a couple of weeks ago.

Someone on this forum has actually played StarFox Assualt, I don't remember who at the moment, but they praised the game. These screens do not do the graphics justice, especially the models. They're very high quality apparently.

So shut it.

snapty00

Banned
They ought to cancel the game and have it remade for Nintendo's next system. That would rock. Have someone like Mixcore do the graphics, particularly the environments.

snapty00 said:
They ought to cancel the game and have it remade for Nintendo's next system. That would rock. Have someone like Mixcore do the graphics, particularly the environments.

Agreed. I still hope Nintendo will can Star Fox, Geist and Advance Wars (or at least end their publishing agreements for the last two). Otherwise, what's left of their quality reputation will be completely erased.

olimario

Banned
Operations said:
Agreed. I still hope Nintendo will can Star Fox, Geist and Advance Wars (or at least end their publishing agreements for the last two). Otherwise, what's left of their quality reputation will be completely erased.

If Nintendo was developing any of those titles and if they were for sure crap quality, then yes, it might tarnish their reputation for quality.

As it stands, however, they aren't developing those titles and you don't have a CLUE about the qaulity.

Solid

I'm really interested in this. I've always liked the Starfox team. I hope it turns out well.

Many I:s there I know :p

Top Bottom