• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfox != Rare

M3wThr33

Banned
You know what pisses me off? People misrepresenting games. I just checked that wonderful Halo 3 rumor thread on TeamXbox and someone once again hits my pet peeve. Nintendo themselves made Star Fox, Star Fox 2, and Star Fox 64. Rare is forced into converting a completely unrelated title and somehow they're responsible for the whole series? WHY?!

Starfox 64:
Producer Shigeru Miyamoto
Director Takao Shimizu
Art Director Takaya Imamura
Chief Programmer Kazuaki Morita
Sound Composers Koji Kondo, Hajimi Wakai
Sound Effects Programmer Yoji Inagaki
Graphic Designers Yoshiki Haruhana, Satoru Takizawa, Masanori Sato
Course Designers Yasuhisa Yamamura, Takuji Hotta, Daisuki Tsujimura, Yasuyuki Oyagi
Programmers Yuichi Yamamoto, Nobuo Okajima, Shigeki Yoshida, Takamitsu Kuzuhara, Nobuhiro Sumiyoshi, Makoto Sasaki, Masumi Tarukado
Story Writer Mitsuhiro Takano
Character Voices Mike West, Rick May, Lyssa Browne, David White, J. Green, Jim Cissel
Technical Supporters Kenji Matsutani, Atsushi Nishiwaki, Hideaki Shimizu, Yasushi Ida, Hirohito Yoshimoto, Yoshinori Tanimoto, Takao Sawano, Hironobu Kakui, Kenji Nishizawa, Takuya Kuribayashi, Tsuyoshi Takahashi, Shin Hasegawa
Supervisors Takashi Tezuka, Toshihiko Nakago
Progress Managers Kimiyoshi Fukui, Keizo Kato
Special Thanks To Benimaru Itoh, Super Mario Club, Tri-Film, Ear Force
English Version Staff Jim Wornell, Kenji Okubo, Greg Richardson, Kayomi McDonald
Executive Producer Hiroshi Yamauchi

Starfox:
Executive Producer Hiroshi Yamauchi
Producer Shigeru Miyamoto
Director Katsuya Eguchi
Assistant Director Yoichi Yamada
Programming Dylan Cuthbert, Giles Goddard, Krister Wombell
3D System Pete Warnes, Carl Graham
Graphic Designer Takaya Imamura
Shape Designer Tsuyoshi Watanabe
Sound Effects Koji Kondo
Music Composer Hajime Hirasawa
Super FX Staff Jez San, Ben Cheese, Richard Clucas, Satoshi Nishiumi, Hironobu Kakui
Software Support Yasunari Nishida, Yasuhiro Kawaguchi, Shigeki Yamashiro
English Support Daniel Owsen, Tony Harman, Jon Dean, Ian Crowther
Japanese Support Keizo Kato, Takao Shimizu, Masato Kimura, Hajime Yajima, Kenji Yamamoto

I don't see Rare names anywhere. Arggghhh!

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Well, I'm sorry Teamxbox made you so angry. Why didn't you post about it o'er there?

M3wThr33

Banned
Because I associate any console-specific sites with a fair amount of biased and ignorant posters in their forums. Any questions or statements I posed would be immediately ignored due to my Pokemon-derived name. I assume I can get more insight here. Maybe even a correction or two.

P.S. Thanks to Moby Games for the data.

cvxfreak

For a few years (until 2000), I thought Rare made Star Fox 64 because it gave me the Rare vibe... but I stand corrected.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
What? I thought everyone knew that Rare had nothing to do with Starfox until SFA... which, btw, fucking sucked. :(

En-ou

star fox adventures is one of the best games on cube
lols, as if! sfa sucked ass! truly terrible game. boring as hell

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Protip: This ain't GameFAQs! You can type in plain old carriage returns to insert blank lines!

Tenguman

sfa was such a collectathon piece of dren

ok....almost every game has something to collect at it's core. whether it's the 3 keys, or the 4 stars, or whatever...that's understandable

but sfa was at such an extreme. it was common to run into situations where on your quest to find 6 stones, you have to find the 10 googabloobas before you can get one of those stone, and on the way to find those googabloobas you run into people who want you to collect the 25 wooza-wazzles to save the 10 ginga-bingas.

Hell you had to collect fuel-cells if you wanted to fly from one destination to another -- FUEL CELLS! nevermind that a pilot would bring some along with him in the first place

nevermind that it's a primative dino-world with no space-ships in site that for whatever fucking reason has space-ship-fuel cells scattered all over the damn place

pretty game though.

yeah i know this thread wasn't about SFA but i'm in an angry mood having to wait for HL2 :/

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Now, now... SFA was impressive for the first three minutes or so...

Then you had to play it.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Rare took a game called Dinosaur Planet (SFA) then injected it with the Starfox franchisee

Then we got Star fox adventures which is the only thing related to Starfox that Rare has done

belgurdo

Banned
Do The Mario said:
Rare took a game called Dinosaur Planet (SFA) then injected it with the Starfox franchisee

More like Nintendo forced them to add the Starfox stuff because they thought DP by itself wouldn't sell

Top Bottom