• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarGate SG1 season 8 tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenchir

Just found out that the 2 hours season 8 premiere of Stargate SG1 starts tonight on the sci-fi channel after a special on Stargate Atlantis!!

I'm really looking forward to it. For those who are like me and hate any and all spoilers, however minor, I'd avoid most of the special. I know way too much about the new season between what they said and clips that they showed.

SG-1's had a funny schedule like that for a few years now. They come back in the middle of the summer.

tenchir

If you talking about Atlantis, it's just a special about how they are getting Atlantis show from SG1 show.

They played it a few nights ago. It's got a big preview of at least the beginning of this season of SG-1. They give away and show lots of information. It's almost as much about SG-1 as it is about Atlantis.

I'll say that I'm pretty anal about spoilers.

MoxManiac

I wasn't terribly thrilled or impressed by the special. That said, I'm pysched for the preimere tonight! I'm at work so I'm taping it, unfortunatly.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I've only seen a couple episodes of this show and didn't really like it, though it may be cool if I actually knew the story. Overall it seemed like the cutscenes in Tiberian Sun or something, but my mom has S1 on DVD so I might check it out.

signet

woot

SG:SG1 the best show on TV, there is also a new Monk on if anyone is in the mood for a quirky detective show.

tenchir

Yes, he will be running the SGC and occasionally joining SG1 on some missions. Doctor Weir will be in charge of Atlantis team on BETA site(another planet).

-=DoAvl=-

Dammit... I don't have sci-fi channel :( stupid australian tv.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to record tonight's episode, encode it to divx, and put it on suprnova.

(That's not illegal is it? I mean, they're gonna air it anyways...)

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
On second thought, fuck this thread. I just missed the Farscape preview typing that last message. Good thing I was recording it.

BojTrek

Banned
The replicators look like the Borg... I have missed many, many shows over the years...

Are the replicators a big bad enemy? They seem to blow up pretty easy...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Screaming_Gremlin said:
On second thought, fuck this thread. I just missed the Farscape preview typing that last message. Good thing I was recording it.

[chicken voice] Bwawawhat! [/chicken voice] Farscape preview? Do go on....

The little spider things are very much like the requisite evil-esque species. Even though they blow up easily, they're supposed to be a menace because they attack in huge numbers, obsessively create more of each other from whatever they can find, and methodically overwhelm and kill whomever opposes them. They apparantly have destroyed hundreds of civilizations and all that jazz. Even though they're easy to kill individually, there's usually so many of them that attacking any is suicide, since there's no way to destroy them all. The human ones were pretty much sentient, "evil", and unstoppable before O'Neill came up with that weapon.

It was odd that Teal'c was able to beat them so easily on the Asgard ship. I guess their main mission was to get Carter.

Anyway, I enjoyed it.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Killthee said:
[chicken voice] Bwawawhat! [/chicken voice] Farscape preview? Do go on....

There was a short commercial for the new Farscape miniseries coming out in October. Hopefully, if rating are good enough it will be brought back as a series.

COCKLES

being watched
Decent episode, although with shades of I-Borg / Descent. Thankfully they didn't pussy out the Replicators totally with their new 'human' avatar. I liked their ship, quite an intresting design. Looks like they'll be one of the big foes for the season along with Baal.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
cockles, where did you see it!? Aren't you in the UK?

Is it being suprnovad? Any idea when Sky will start to show it? It was only a few weeks wait last season, so I just waited..

COCKLES

being watched
mrklaw said:
cockles, where did you see it!? Aren't you in the UK?

Is it being suprnovad? Any idea when Sky will start to show it? It was only a few weeks wait last season, so I just waited..

It's on Nova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom