• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starvoid |OT| The love you take is equal to the love you make

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I would like to note that while it's cool to discuss the game here and we do have dev presence in the thread, generally Paradox has a very supportive community for all their titles so their forums are a good way to find info and provide feedback:
Official Starvoid Forum at Paradox

OVERVIEW:

Developer: Zeal Game Studio
Publisher: Paradox Interactive
Genre: Action RTS
Format: Digital download only
Players: 6 versus 6 multiplayer
Price: 9.99 USD

Summary:

Starvoid is a multiplayer real time strategy game, wrapped in the easy-to- pick-up and and easy-to-play structure of a first person shooter.
The player takes the role of a mercenary commander in the outer rims of the galaxy, fighting for control over the rare spaceship fuel Starvoid.
On the battlefield, the player has an arsenal of combat drones, vehicles and ingenious abilities ranging from deployable machine gun turrets and minefields to repair nanoids and orbital rocket strikes.
Everything is constantly refilled as the commander instantly is allowed to re-enter the battlefield after being eliminated.

Features:

• Easy to join, easy to leave – Although being an RTS, in Starvoid games can be joined and left at any time with no penalty.
• Intense multiplayer – Up to 12 players per server and player respawn enables an vivid multiplayer RTS experience.
• Tactical gameplay – True to its RTS mechanics, Starvoid focuses on a tactical gameplay and strategic options.
• Commander development – As the player plays the game, new items are unlocked, enabling deeper customization, variety and progression.
• Customization – Build your own contracts of units, unit upgrades, utility abilities and commander gear to select from when deploying into combat.

42xvi.jpg

Game modes:

Battle: Battle maps feature an array of extraction points strewn across the map for players to capture. Captures must be made in a linear order.
For example, in order to capture points in the center of the map, your team must own the points near its own base, and so forth.
Each point generates score for your team and the team with the highest score (or the first team to capture all points) when the game time expires wins the match.

Sabotage: Sabotage is the game mode where all commanders spawn with a number of ‘RadKits’ and must dump them into the enemy team’s facility exhausts near their base.
Initially you have 10 ‘RadKits’. Additional RadKits can be collected from slain units or enemy commanders. The first team to deplete the enemy team’s score wins.

Team deathmatch: In this mode the goal is to kill as many enemy commanders as possible.

Levels:

ljuUWl.jpg
z6PKzl.jpg

- Black Glade

Vz034l.jpg
xxVX4l.jpg

- Makami Desert

wR18Ul.jpg
00Hncl.jpg

- Forsaken Oasis

Commander classes:

- Ordnance: Direct damage and long ranged weapons
- Assault: Head-on combat
- Infiltration: Stealth
- Engineer: Support and repair

Commanders:

Azfhyl.jpg
ZVYVn.png

- Kelly Hellfire
- Cleburn
- Alberto
- Grace
- Vojtek
- John Fawkes
- Blackmouth
- Winn

Achievements:
  • You are not Special: Win a match
  • Maim! Kill! Burn!: Destroy a total of 100 enemy droids.
  • Hasta La Vista, Baby: Eliminate an enemy commander with your commander.
  • Power Overwhelming: Win a match by controlling all Extraction Points.
  • Gotta Catch Em All: Capture 25 extraction points.
  • Mangled Metal: Destroy a total of 50 enemy vehicles.
  • Shattering Spree: Destroy a total of 25 enemy devices.
  • Ahh, Fresh Meat!: Eliminate a total of 25 enemy commanders.
  • Beam Me Up!: Emergency escape from battle 25 times.
  • Epic Winning: Win 10 matches.
  • Lord of Destruction: Destroy 25 enemy extractors.
  • Get Off My Lawn!: Get rid of 25 capturing enemy commanders.
  • Ding!: Reach level 2.
  • Ding! 10!: Now reach level 10!
  • Ding! 20!: And then level 20!
  • Ding! 30!: And.. 30!
  • Ding! 40!: Címon, your getting there! 40!
  • Ding! 50!: Almost done! 50!
  • Ding! 60!: The fun begins in the endgame! 60!
  • It Takes Two, Baby: Perform 20 double eliminations.
  • Legen... DARY!: Perform 10 triple kills.
  • Quad Damage: Perform 5 quadra eliminations.
  • MONSTER KILL: Perform 3 penta eliminations.
  • Nothing Will Ever Be The Same: Yes. Perform an annihilation kill.
  • EX-TER-MIN-ATE!: Destroy 10.000 enemy droids, vehicles or devices.
  • Kingslayer: Eliminate 1000 enemy commanders.
  • There Can Be Only One: Eliminate 500 enemy commanders with your commander.
  • There.... War... Only... Is...: Win 500 games.
  • I'm Doing My Part!: Capture 1000 extraction points.
  • Ordnance OP: Complete all other Ordnance Commander class challenges to be an Ordnance OP!
  • Assault Ace: Complete all other Assault Commander class challenges to be an Assault Ace!
  • Elite Engineer: Complete all other Engineer Commander class challenges to be an Elite Engineer!
  • Imba Infiltrator: Complete all other Infiltration Commander class challenges to be an Imba Infiltrator!
  • Skitter Skillz: Complete all other Skitter challenges.
  • Techiedooms!: Complete all other Techiedrone challenges.
  • Phalanx Phreak: Complete all other Phalanx challenges.
  • Sentry-Centric: Complete all other Sentry challenges.
  • Jeepers Creepers: Complete all other Creeper challenges.
  • Bester The Pesters: Complete all other Pestermite challenges.
  • Destoroyah: Complete all other Destroyer challenges.
  • Lord Protector: Complete all other Protector challenges.
  • Siren Song: Complete all other Siren challenges.
  • Lampyrid Leet: Complete all other Lampyrid challenges.
  • Hellion Handy: Complete all other Hellion challenges.
  • Rangers Hooah: Complete all other Ranger challenges.
  • Commando Pro <3: Complete all other Commando challenges.
  • Proper Whacked: Complete all other Bushwhacker challenges.
  • Piledrivin' Crazy: Complete all other Piledriver challenges.
  • The Gapes of Wrath: Complete all other Gapeworm challenges.
  • Bent, Not Browken: Complete all other Browbeetle challenges.
  • Eggscelent: Complete all other Egghead challenges.
  • Super A-Grade Strider: Complete all other Strider challenges.
  • Phantastic!: Complete all other Phantasm challenges.
  • Master Shredder: Complete all other Shredder challenges.
  • Razor Sharp: Complete all other Razor challenges.
  • Make Way: Complete all other Waymaker challenges.
  • Ground And Pound: Complete all other Pounder challenges.
  • Vector Prime: Complete all other Vector challenges.
  • Stingy Jack: Complete all other Stingray challenges.
  • Badger, Badger, Badger: Complete all other Badger challenges.

Said about the game:

“I spent a great deal of time formulating strategies in the armory, preparing for my next encounter.
Although it can be initially daunting, the fact that you can quickly test your build by jumping into a ten-minute match means that it's easier to see what works and what doesn't, and you won't need to spend very long struggling if you've made a terrible mistake.
So the deep customization and short match times actually work perfectly together.”

“As a way to kill half an hour, it's a lot of fun, and I could keep enjoying those short chunks for quite some time.
Zeal has succeeded in crafting a title which definitely caters to those without the time to invest in the more competitive time sinks like StarCraft or League of Legends…”

~Destructoid

“I’d best describe Starvoid as a RTS with heavy influence from the MOBA Genre as you control Commander Heroes that deploy your units and fire off abilities. Its fast paced, easy to learn, and highly customizable.”

~Angry Joe

“If you’re a fan of MOBA games and also enjoyed yourself some Dawn of War II, there’s definitely a lot to look forward to with Starvoid.”

~RTS Guru

I think it's a great little game. Had low expectations, and while the graphics are a touch pedestrian and could do with a few more passes here and there, I'm pleasantly surprised.

That's coming from someone who isn't a huge fan of the MOBA experience. I dunno. A humble effort with some deep hero customisation.

Dice

I didn't get it from the Fileplay or SG giveaways. Bummer.

Oh well, seems like people aren't even giving it a chance.

Roq12

Neo Member
Hey, i just came here to create a Starvoid OT. Would op mind putting the information and pictures i collected in the OT?

Peagles

Just got this as a gift through Steam and also it gave me an extra copy in my inventory.

Very interested to hear others' thoughts and try it out!

Dice

Hey, i just came here to create a Starvoid OT. Would op mind putting the information and pictures i collected in the OT?
Of course. We could even ask a mod to change the title if you find that offensive, lol. I do have hopes for the game to gain a stable fanbase.

Miker

I swear, those icons over unit heads and the general look of the game are straight out of Dawn of War II.

Roq12

Neo Member
So what contracts do you guys play with?

Mostly, I play Alberto, the Engineer commander, geared with the Tyrant Machinegun to pin my enemies.

The contracts biggest strength though, is that I bring dual Pestermites (thanks to the Automation spec), and an Egghead which boosts their damage output. Theese make for an excellent commander hunter-contract.

Its main weakness is the Pestermites low damage against tanks, so I also play with a Piledriver armed with the Decimator chainsaws which is great when fighting heavy armor.

But i tend to vary sometimes (both for variation and achievements).

Top Bottom