• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbacon

Capcom USA
I'll respond back later with a handful of keys just to prove my point that it ain't worth it.

For those who don't own the game, bear in mind it's treated as a DLC which I believe means you'll need the base game to download it. I could be wrong though.

Four DDDA artbook keys up for grabs:

6ALGF-N5JCC-63PZ3
PV2RW-HTLXX-TB6D3
FVZ0D-DXHQG-0NNX6
2CK72-F5ICC-K8V7Z

Remember, you'll probably need the base game to download it.

EDIT: Might be a good idea to reply if you grabbed one.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
don't quote them here then

yeah that sounds pretty cool

i never get into the ng+ of games tho, i don't generally commit that long to a single game

It was built pretty heavily around the NG+ system, with cutscenes and areas being gated off until subsequent playthroughs. Maybe some item/level requirements too? Hard to remember at this point, and I don't think I went through more than twice either.

I want to say it was a fairly short game to beat beginning to end, but there was a good chance you'd die and want to start over for the spare XP you'd have.

There was also a persistent Fairy colony base building thing that conferred various perks.

I might have talked myself into giving the game another playthrough at some point.

Uraizen

Banned

6ALGF-N5JCC-63PZ3
PV2RW-HTLXX-TB6D3
FVZ0D-DXHQG-0NNX6
2CK72-F5ICC-K8V7Z

I took this one:

PV2RW-HTLXX-TB6D3

Sorry dudes and dudettes.

Thanks, wbacon.

Anteater

finished psychonauts, last level wasn't so bad, it's in line with the rest of the game's design, but it's a bit more demanding so some of the flaws are more apparent

6ALGF-N5JCC-63PZ3
PV2RW-HTLXX-TB6D3
FVZ0D-DXHQG-0NNX6
2CK72-F5ICC-K8V7Z

I took 6ALGF-N5JCC-63PZ3~ thanks mr bacon

Anteater

bring god hand

XEQenWC.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned
I prefer to reject their love :3

Then mentally +1 them for trying

not a joke a used to half-heartedly keep a running number but stopped at 13 I think 2 years ago?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
wbacon can you throw us a bone and try to get SFV to launch at midnight on Steam? That would be great man.

Ha, I didn't expect Antoine to put out a statement so soon.

We've lobbied hard internally for a PC release and it's all been worth it. Scouring NeoGAF and other community forums over the years, I knew the demand was there -- so making a business case was fairly easy after crunching some numbers and aligning dev resources.

We can also thank Ono, in addition to Kobayashi, who were big proponents to see this PC port come to fruition.

While it's a latent port and a PC-only release, we've poured in a lot of love and care into this game. DDDA is one of my favorite games of all time, so I am thrilled to see tons of PC players embrace it.
Great work and thank you for making it possible. Like they say, if you build it, they will come.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i spent like 7 hours today playing xcom

dam, that game's addictive

doing much better now too, figured out a few things that weren't fully explained and came up with some tactics to deal with those damn sectopods. the gatekeepers tho, those are still a big nuisance

i kind of wish the game was a lot more liberal with its resources, i understand there's a progression and difficult choices to be made but i feel punished for experimenting and some of this stuff you need to try out to see if you find it useful

like i'd love to try many of those utility items but i can't afford the supplies cos i gotta spend them on more important stuff like better guns and more comms stuff and whatnot

really wish there something was like the training mode in front mission where you could just try out items and weapons

also less bugs, hope there's a patch soon

Vuze

TL;DR...we'll have more of your favorite Capcom HD ports heading your way. Naturally I won't be able to answer which ones so don't ask :)
A DD-quality port of mainline Monster Hunter game(s) on PC and I could rest in piece ;_; One day...

But seriously, cool to see you hang out here and have a chat every once in a while. Very interesting contributions at that, much appreciated.

Ludens

Banned
Alan Wake 2 Win 10 Store Exclusive.
With Resident Evil 7.

Anyway I'm ready for Quantum Break on Steam in five years. Remedy back in days recovered all AW port costs in like one day, so for sure they will buy back the IP and release it on Steam for 20€.

Eurogamer has a big Falcom interview

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1183997

Is there a possibility of seeing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I & II appear on PC eventually, perhaps on Steam?

TK: I would like as many people as possible to play these games, so the possibility is definitely there.

During the Windows XP era the PC was your primary development platform. With the success of Steam as a platform for selling niche titles, and especially with the success of XSEED's localisations, have you considered moving back to the PC as a primary platform? And if not, why not?

TK: I feel that, within Japan, there are many core gamers who want to play on consoles and we must respond to their needs. However, revenue on Steam is very good and putting not only older console titles, but new ones as well is something that we want to consider.

Lots and lots more in the article, please read it

That Greenberg thread is a mess, but on the other hand it did reveal to me just how restrictive the Windows 10 Store is, something I had not realized. While I do not mind using other services than Steam, I do mind those restrictions. The hoops you have to jump through to get read / write access to those folders are absurd.

It makes me apprehensive about Killer Instinct in particular, since that is likely to be a Windows 10 Store release as well, in part due to the fact that my controller is a DirectInput device. Does anyone know if Joy2Key at least works with the Windows 10 Store apps?

Ucchedavāda;195217049 said:
That Greenberg thread is a mess, but on the other hand it did reveal to me just how restrictive the Windows 10 Store is, something I had not realized. While I do not mind using other services than Steam, I do mind those restrictions. The hoops you have to jump through to get read / write access to those folders are absurd.

It makes me apprehensive about Killer Instinct in particular, since that is likely to be a Windows 10 Store release as well, in part due to the fact that my controller is a DirectInput device. Does anyone know if Joy2Key at least works with the Windows 10 Store apps?
No, it's after you jumped through the hoops, you then realize you still couldn't modify anything.

dex3108

I saw that The Division Beta thread on gaming side is still active so i went to see what people are writing. And man thirst for The Division is real XD I didn't expect that on GAF :D I guess that is what you get when Destiny doesn't get new content for a while.

So it came to my attention that Canabalt that I got ages ago from a Humble Android Bundle has been on Steam for a few months now. I had two keys so used one for me and here is the other one:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Starwolf_UK, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Canabalt -- MB-F64C8AB36E95A58D - Taken by Purkake4. 10 entrants total.

t1455456452z1.png
If you bought Humble Android bundle 2 or 4 (or whatever else it came with) please register the key you have instead :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wbacon can you throw us a bone and try to get SFV to launch at midnight on Steam? That would be great man.

I'd literally eat someone's hat if Valve obliged. It seems to me that Valve's only gotten worse when it comes to agreeing to non-traditional unlock times, especially in cases where it requires altering an unlock time that had already been set (see: The Witness).

Nillansan

We'll have more of your favorite Capcom HD ports heading your way. Naturally I won't be able to answer which ones so don't ask :)

Awesome, congrats on the success. Also, Asura's Wrath and Dead Rising and all the console exclusive content from the series would be lovely to have available on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom