• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Finally!

Back from uni and work, and to a surprise sale! :D

But now, the time has come to take back earth

tumblr_inline_mhvhiswsIB1qz4rgp.gif

Dr Dogg

You game in SLI? Nice. How come the clocks are so low?

Well it's not got official SLI support, it's not a demanding scene and I'm running it windowed as I'm bouncing between XCOM 2 and other stuff that should be more important :p

By the way I think your avatar has melted.

Lomax

oh not bad, free key for steam version of borderless gaming:
https://andrew.im/greenlight/

courtesy of madjoki

Meh, it showed me a key, wouldn't let me copy it, then the page reloaded and it says I already got a key. Dumb. And isn't valve getting a bit more annoyed at people giving away keys for greenlight votes?

It's near top of screen after you close greenlight tab.

Code:
 https://andrew.im/greenlight/key.php

This might work directly too.

This worked and the key activated, thanks.

neonglow

I'm thinking of subscribing to next month's Humble Bundle Monthly since I don't have Ark. Is the early unlock most likely going to be the best game and it will only go downhill from there?

Teggy

Well it's not got official SLI support, it's not a demanding scene and I'm running it windowed as I'm bouncing between XCOM 2 and other stuff that should be more important :p

How is SLI working for you? Some people are saying the fix in the forums makes cover icons disappear.

neonglow

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Frozen Synapse -- MB-F5E1A97D68CD80BB - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 4 entrants total.

t1454715437z1.png

Wok

I'm thinking of subscribing to next month's Humble Bundle Monthly since I don't have Ark. Is the early unlock most likely going to be the best game and it will only go downhill from there?

It does not really go downhill. Check previous bundles. I would say they feature the 3D first-person-view game.

Plus:

Speaking to Destructoid, Humble Bundle co-founder John Graham shared that, as of today, there are more than 70,000 subscribers. [...] "There was a fair amount of churn for the very first month in November," he told us via email. [...] "Now that Humble Monthly has been out for a few months and we can showcase the awesome content from past Monthly Bundles, I think we are hitting our stride and it's become way easier to make customers comfortable." [...] Graham says subscriptions are at a point where "we can make meaningful deals with game developers to secure great content, we get to write our featured charity a $30,000+ check, and, because we can predict revenues fairly accurately, we've even started funding some small gaming projects, Humble Originals, that you won't find anywhere else and that our subscribers will get to play first." [...] "It's always tricky to craft a new business model," said Graham. "When we launched Humble Monthly, we had to do a lot of guesswork about the best way to frame everything so that we could get the product off the ground. By giving ourselves more flexibility with which we can use to pay for game content, I think we have helped the product be more successful and more sustainable, which I believe will actually mean more money for charity in the long run."

Reference: http://www.destructoid.com/humble-monthly-bundle-has-70k-subscribers-338922.phtml

MUnited83

For you.
Anyone knows how to extract the background image for the sales? Like, the ones that appear in the themed sales like Aquatic Games or Stealth Games?

someone in the Rise performance thread is somewhat disappointed that he isn't getting 60 fps @ 4k on his SLI's Titan Xs

Man some people dont even know how good they have it

tmarg

If you are interested in Ark, I think that's a pretty good price for it, so go for it. Consider whatever else is in the bundle to be a bonus.

Messiah

I accidentally clicked retrieve account because of the duplicate key from the Borderless thing. I'm not gonna get screwed am I?

I think the person that activated it just gets an email or something.

Edit: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds is 75% off and should enter Online Multiplayer Alpha this month.

neonglow

It does not really go downhill. Check previous bundles. I would say they feature the 3D first-person-view game.

Plus:

Reference: http://www.destructoid.com/humble-monthly-bundle-has-70k-subscribers-338922.phtml

If you are interested in Ark, I think that's a pretty good price for it, so go for it. Consider whatever else is in the bundle to be a bonus.

Thanks guys. I'll likely subscribe to it. I'll wait until next week or so to see if Humble gives away another 10% discount to the monthly subscription like they did last month.

BTW, any impressive deals?
I went though my wishlist and everything was equal or worst than winter sale.

nope, seems like the same sales prices as we saw during the winter sale.

only thing we can hope for is some more things pop up on sale during the sale, like what ubisoft has pulled the last couple of sales.

Ozium

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ozium:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Aerannis -- MB-927F367632B1A1BC - Taken by Mikurden
Betrayer -- MB-9C65E4ECE2874396 - Taken by Regginator
Leona's Tricky Adventures -- MB-6C7726E944BB9275
Endorlight -- MB-1560074C383A2930
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-7FC4722052306EAC
SimpleRockets -- MB-7E8F483B1FAC2D0B - Taken by dave is ok
Cook Serve Delicious -- MB-D3EA201CF90D95F8 - Taken by MaxiLive
Fancy Skulls -- MB-E6A72E97420D5177 - Taken by SSPssp

gaemz

Uzzy

Oh come on, Harebrained Studios released the extended edition of Shadowrun: Hong Kong today. How the hell am I meant to play all these games?

SHADOWRUN: HONG KONG - EXTENDED EDITION RELEASED TODAY ON STEAM
6+ HOUR BONUS CAMPAIGN INCLUDED IN FREE UPGRADE FOR ALL PLAYERS

Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition adds the all-new, 6+ hour Shadows of Hong Kong Bonus Campaign to the game. The Extended Edition also adds over 100 minutes of Developer Audio Commentary and a long list of improvements since the game’s initial launch - including new visual effects, updated dialogue, and editor features (for User-Generated Content).

For current owners of Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Deluxe Version, or the Shadowrun Triple Pack, the Shadows of Hong Kong bonus campaign and other Extended Edition upgrades are FREE! Simply download and play!

Shadows of Hong Kong Bonus Campaign
Set in the weeks following the events of the main campaign, the Shadows of Hong Kong bonus campaign will give you -- and your team -- the opportunity to turn the tables on the elite corporate police force that once hunted you. Through layers of corporate greed and urban strife, you will contend with dangerous enemies, uncover a deadly conspiracy, and cement your reputation as a Prime Runner… assuming that you survive, of course.

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Anno 2070 got cards.

That's pretty neat. I've been looking for an excuse to return to this game, after running dry in the (dumb) single player campaign, and this might just be the motivation I needed.

Also, Dropsy being in the humble monthly bundle is fantastic. More people need to play and experience that game! I'll have a key for the fine folks of SteamGAF once I get home.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I accidentally clicked retrieve account because of the duplicate key from the Borderless thing. I'm not gonna get screwed am I?

You probably got my key. I've had 6 emails so far today from people doing that - that borderless gaming key giveaway seems like a real clusterfuck

mp1990

Banned
How are the "new" Shadowrun games? The base game and the Dragonfall expansion are in sale for so cheap i'm almost pulling the trigger on them, just need some approval before doing it.

Annubis

How are the "new" Shadowrun games? The base game and the Dragonfall expansion are in sale for so cheap i'm almost pulling the trigger on them, just need some approval before doing it.

I played Dragonfall around New Year and I was really impressed by it.
Incredibly good game.

I'm afraid to dive back into XCOM 2. I don't want to lose everyone...

Dragonfall is a must play--it's amazing. Hong Kong is very good, probably better with the just-released extended edition. Shadowrun Returns is a pass, unless you're set on playing it, in which case play it first.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Returns is okay. Dragonfall: Director's Cut is one of the best games of 2014. Hong Kong is really solid too.

Zeknurn

What's the best futuristic racer on Steam? I don't know why but I got a craving to drive something fast and listen to shitty trance.

Zeknurn

Check out Distance.

Looks exactly like what I wanted but it's not on sale.

On a side note, am I the only one that played the shit out of Slipstream 5000? I bet it's a terrible game that doesn't hold up one bit, but the things you did when you were young.

nope, that's why i was only talking about dark souls

no ps4, unfortunately

read the full post pls

you wouldn't like it specifically cause of 1 part. but now that i think about it, how'd you get past that 1 boss in dark souls 1 at blight town i think it was? you know which one I'm talking about.

zkylon

zkylewd

i liked them quite a bit, although the ui, specially in shadowrun returns is a big headache since it's so clearly designed for tablets

but the writing is really good, the combat is fun and challenging and it's got a good look and atmosphere

i diidn't get too far into dragonfall, but i liked what i played of it and i beat returns

def recommended if u like those kinds of games

you wouldn't like it specifically cause of 1 part. but now that i think about it, how'd you get past that 1 boss in dark souls 1 at blight town i think it was? you know which one I'm talking about.
nah i'm pretty aware bloodborne is arguably the spiderest of all souls games but that hasn't stopped me from liking dks2 a whole bunch, so should be ok

maybe some areas i'll need to go through really slowly, prior to having researched them a lot on youtube and maybe asking a friend to beat them for me or at least keep me company while i do it, but i'm sure i'd enjoy the rest of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom