• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Has the Winter sale started yet? :(

Hey Xelios you son of a gun I thought I was the only person who used o/

once a chick thought i was texting her my dick in emoticon form. lol

gdt

Might as well ask here. I deleted my Darksiders II save by mistake. Is there anyway for me to grab an older save off the cloud? It happened while I was alt-tabbed out of the game. I know it probably sync with the new save-less state, but I want to grab a slightly older state with my save intact.

DOA

and to think that we're before 2 important updates - community and software purchases. this probably will brake 2011 amounts of threads

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of surprised to see we're only on thread number three, though I guess that makes sense given the big sales always get their own threads.

Exuro

and to think that we're before 2 important updates - community and software purchases. this probably will brake 2011 amounts of threads
And yet we're still waiting for BPM and the rest of the new content system features. :(

Kind of surprised to see we're only on thread number three, though I guess that makes sense given the big sales always get their own threads.

Third thread already? Didn't expect the prior thread to end before the Winter sales. =/

And yet we're still waiting for BPM and the rest of the new content system features. :(

We may be getting a fourth thread, couple of major events coming up in the next few months.

With every major sale and member approval we get more irregulars and regulars so it's not that surprising. I feel this year will be one of the biggest yet.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Some fun I saw over at Alienware

genrereport.jpg

Basically comparing which genres are popular between console and PC. Damn shame about how low Sports and Action are.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'm looking really hard at that CS:GO preorder. Had a lot of fun with source back in the day. This has the gungame mod by default right? I loved that mod...

I think I may end up getting a preorder as well. Normally I go for at least 30% of or so if I want a game at launch but dammit it's CS, it's like I have to buy it.

Kabouter

http://www.alienwarearena.com/cdn/uploads/alienwarearena/images/genrereport.jpg[IMG]

Basically comparing which genres are popular between console and PC. Damn shame about how low [B]Sports[/B] and Action are.[/QUOTE]

That's just because Americans have yet to discover [URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0956497179/"]the glory that is Football Manager[/URL].

BasilZero

So many RPG players on the Computers, another reason why I'm heading towards the path of a PC gamer.

Speaking of RPGs on PC, I hope xSeeD announces more Ys (or other RPGs) on Steam.

1-D_FTW

I personally find that chart extremely suspect. Racing is 0.7? The racing genre (sim in particular) is incredibly vibrant on PC.

EDIT: And I mean relatively speaking. I'm not arguing it should be 20 percent, just that it shouldn't be getting blasted by the flight sim category. Do. Not. Buy.

That's just because Americans have yet to discover the glory that is Football Manager.

Fuck EA and the NFL for giving the EA the exclusive rights and making a manager type NFL game impossible. I would day one at 59.99 (if it was quality).

HoosTrax

genrereport.jpg

Basically comparing which genres are popular between console and PC. Damn shame about how low Sports and Action are.
So where's the PC version of FFXIII-2 :s (or was it FFXIV? the one that's not the crappy MMO. god I hate Sqeenix's naming scheme)

Giard

Reposting for the new thread.

The Guild 2: Renaissance is a great game if you can get through the jank.
It's the daily deal and at 2.50, I recommend it! You don't need the other games from the series, Renaissance is a standalone game and has everything from the previous games.

Katoki

Man, ClaDun x2's sprites are so charming and the music is great. I can't get myself to cough up the money right now though, the damn class textbook rush is going to smack me in the face soon. It also falls under the "Super hyped about it now but will play a lot then and/or go ADD and forget about it at some point or another" category.

I really like how they let you change between older 8-bit goodness and newer smoothed out stuff for font and music though.

The M.O.B

Getting around to my backlog, decided to fire up Dragon age Orgins...

10 hrs in and........what's the key to enjoying this game? Combat is awful as a warrior, attacks have no umph to them and 11 on 4 battles are a mess and not fun, story is boring so far, characters are all squares........sigh

JordanKZ

I'm really quite glad I used a VPN to get early access to Darksiders II... I can't believe I would have to have waited over a week for a game that was already on my hard disk. First hour impressions:

SimmonsDAMN.gif

Ledsen

Reposting for the new thread.

The Guild 2: Renaissance is a great game if you can get through the jank.
It's the daily deal and at 2.50, I recommend it! You don't need the other games from the series, Renaissance is a standalone game and has everything from the previous games.
Why is it great? Can you describing it? My gf loves Anno 1404 and Fable (the social and economic aspects especially), would this be for her?

dot

So where's the PC version of FFXIII-2 :s (or was it FFXIV? the one that's not the crappy MMO. god I hate Sqeenix's naming scheme)

Non MMO-Final Fantasy games will never come to PC, sadly. FFXI and FFXIV are the MMOs by the way.

Kabouter

Why is it great? Can you describing it? My gf loves Anno 1404 and Fable (the social and economic aspects especially), would this be for her?

(Mostly) Quoting myself from the previous Steam thread:
It's a pretty good game, but you need to be able to handle some eurojank, if you can it's definitely worth the €2.49. What it is is a sort of mix of genres. You play as up to three characters, each with their own stats and equipment, belonging to the same dynasty in medieval Europe. The goal is to do better than rival dynasties in wealth and influence, or defeat them entirely, while they actively try to thwart you, including trying to murder your dynasty members, which can result in defeat if the last adult in your dynasty dies. Your main means of income is through businesses which can range from thieves' nests to alchemists workshops to smithies, but you can also try to attain political office and scheme your way to the top there.

And yes, you only need Renaissance.

That's more of a strategy game than a sports game either way :p

I'd say it's equally both.

Giard

I haven't played Anno, but it doesn't really resemble Fable at all. It's a lot more complicated, and there's tons of micromanagement, especially if you decide to go in politics.

You have to create a character and choose what profession he/she will have: patron (farms, inns), craftsman (blacksmith, mines, woodcutting), scholar (hospital owner, church) or rogue (thief, bandit). You can hire people to help you with your job, you can get into a relationship (if you have a kid and you are killed, you won't be eliminated from the game). You can also get special benefits if you try to go into politics, such as arresting people or having immunity. You can sue people if you see them doing a crime, bribe them... there's really lots to do. If she doesn't like micromanagement, the game is not for her.

There's lots of "euro-jank" and it's kinda buggy, but for the price, I easily recommend it. Only get Renaissance if you decide to buy it, as it includes everything from the previous games.

edit: kinda beaten :p

Polk

http://www.alienwarearena.com/cdn/uploads/alienwarearena/images/genrereport.jpg[IMG]

Basically comparing which genres are popular between console and PC. Damn shame about how low Sports and Action are.[/QUOTE]
Well two major franchises aren't even available on PC (Madden and Wii Sport).

Ledsen

I haven't played Anno, but it doesn't really resemble Fable at all. It's a lot more complicated, and there's tons of micromanagement, especially if you decide to go in politics.

You have to create a character and choose what profession he/she will have: patron (farms, inns), craftsman (blacksmith, mines, woodcutting), scholar (hospital owner, church) or rogue (thief, bandit). You can hire people to help you with your job, you can get into a relationship (if you have a kid and you are killed, you won't be eliminated from the game). You can also get special benefits if you try to go into politics, such as arresting people or having immunity. You can sue people if you see them doing a crime, bribe them... there's really lots to do. If she doesn't like micromanagement, the game is not for her.

There's lots of "euro-jank" and it's kinda buggy, but for the price, I easily recommend it. Only get Renaissance if you decide to buy it, as it includes everything from the previous games.

edit: kinda beaten :p

Anno is called dawn of Discovery in the us, it's an economy and trading sim. The guild basically sounds like the perfect game for her, worth a try for some chump change. Take my money gabe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom