• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

microtubule

Bummer, I was really eyeing Vice City lately but just figured I wait. I entered almost every giveaway of it on steamgifts.com as well.

I hope it comes back either way.

Salsa

second playthrough done

oQGeK.png

vCVVm.png

dfLAS.png

still the game of the year

XCOM is close, and I loooooooove Max Payne 3, but Dishonored is just my kinda game
i'll really need to get and spend some time with xcom during the sale as it seems like it'll be the only thing to sway my opinion, but max payne 3 ultimately bogged itself down on its cutscenes and presentation to me. even if the combat's super slick, i don't really want to replay it anytime soon because i don't want to deal with a barrage of minutes-long unskippable cutscenes y'know?

but yeah, as far as dishonoured's concerned i say bring on the dlc.

Thinking about getting the floor bundle pack, is it worth it?
$10 for the entire package? definitely. it's practically mandatory to have that game in some way on your steam account at this point.

Salsa

i'll definitely need to get and spend some time with xcom during the sale as it seems like it'll be the only thing to sway my opinion, but max payne 3 ultimately bogged itself down on its cutscenes and presentation to me. even if the combat's super slick, i don't really want to replay it anytime soon because i don't want to deal with a barrage of minutes-long unskippable cutscenes y'know?

yup. Im aware it's an unpopular opinion but I seem to be able to look past that more than most people (not to say having that opinion is bad, the unskippable cutscene thing is terrible, specially for replayability purposes). The gunplay is probably the best there is when it comes to a third person shooter. Add to that a competent (even when filled with the usual Rockstar "twists) story, good voice acting, fantastic animations, fun level design, and the best soundtrack this year and baby you got a stew goin

yup. Im aware it's an unpopular opinion but I seem to be able to look past that more than most people (not to say having that opinion is bad, the unskippable cutscene thing is terrible, specially for replayability purposes). The gunplay is probably the best there is when it comes to a third person shooter. Add to that a competent (even when filled with the usual Rockstar "twists) story, good voice acting, fantastic animations, fun level design, and the best soundtrack this year and baby you got a stew goin

<3

this is how you spot good people

I didn't hear anything. With Doom 3 replaced with Doom BFG and Vice City getting a new version for iOS. I suspected it. Maybe I put more faith on my words than needed. I'm sorry if I hyped you into some non existent game.

I believe they are looking into putting back Doom 3 original. i think VC will be back,not sure why they removed it and left III and SA.

epmode

lol, just wait until you see the controls in that game. I hope you have a 360 controller and a good long time redoing every single button they fucked up.
The 360 controller worked very well for me without rebinding anything so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Sajjaja

first time launching Dark Souls..

that wasnt hard at all. Man you guys must be just bad at games

:p

Pretty much the easiest boss of the game that's a duplicate of another one in Demon's Souls.

I also see you used the Black Fire Bomb. Pretty much GG once you use that. How about fighting him legit melee tough guy :p

Blizzard

Banned
People talk about how a game is hard, but then are like "no wait don't use that tactic or it isn't hard enough"? :p Come on guys, it's a legit strategy! (I've never played it so I have no idea)

Tomodachi

I'm pretty sure the :p under spoiler implied he was being ironic

I think there is a remastered version is coming. Maybe it'll be free to promote GTA 5.

I also heard VC and San Andreas were rated by ESRB today for PS3. Probably just a PS2 Classics re-release on PSN, but still seems fishy.

Just the other day I installed again VC because that daily deal made me crave for it but I had to uninstall it moments later because controls were giving me a hard time. So I would welcome a re-release/hd makeover/juicy patch with open arms.

I'm pretty sure the :p under spoiler implied he was being ironic

I also heard VC and San Andreas were rated by ESRB today for PS3. Probably just a PS2 Classics re-release on PSN, but still seems fishy.

Just the other day I installed again VC because that daily deal made me crave for it but I had to uninstall it moments later because controls were giving me a hard time. So I would welcome a re-release/hd makeover/juicy patch with open arms.

controls are fine with kb and mouse. the ps3 is getting the ps2 iso's so that is worse actually.

Derrick01

Banned
Slightly less than half the people who purchased the PC version of Dishonored have actually finished it. Roughly 40% going by the game's global achievements.

Maybe they got bored like me but just didn't bother to keep going. The 2 or 3 missions before the last one are pretty terrible.

ArjanN

Slightly less than half the people who purchased the PC version of Dishonored have actually finished it. Roughly 40% going by the game's global achievements.

The majority of people don't finish games. It also only just came out.

Ok, I just finished the first episode of The Walking Dead. I assume I need 2 playthroughs to see everything?

It was awesome btw.

It's more fun to live with your choices, at least until you've finished the season.

Omikron

Ok, I just finished the first episode of The Walking Dead. I assume I need 2 playthroughs to see everything?

It was awesome btw.

I suggest not and just enjoy the story as you played it.

Once the final ep is done, a 2nd play through might be worth it, from my perspective, but I enjoyed talking to others about their experience and comparing it to mine quite a lot.

Blizzard

Banned
Man, no one told me how fantastically awesome and fun Just Cause 2 is
Wrong (sorta) -- I just made another post about it recently in this thread, when it went on sale! I probably always recommend it and Mirror's Edge when they're on sale.

And don't forget that the fanmade multiplayer thing is in progress as far as I know, and might have beta runs sometimes.

ArjanN

Wrong (sorta) -- I just made another post about it recently in this thread, when it went on sale! I probably always recommend it and Mirror's Edge when they're on sale.

It's recommended plenty on GAF, if someone didn't know Just Cause 2 is awesome by now they most likely just weren't paying attention.

zychi

Banned
does anyone know if the physical version of syndicate will let me have it on steam? i can't find an answer and its ~$7 on amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom