• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
(New) Tomb Raider is 25 bucks on GreenMan Gaming today, with 50% off.
With the other 20% off coupon, it comes to 20 bucks.
I have 10 bucks credit on GMG, which would make it 10 bucks.

Hmmmm...
Welp, I'm down. Bought. Just wish I could play it today but I'll only be able to on sunday probably.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Plus those possessed items were pretty different

Technically true, but "fighting" possessed items is even duller than engaging people as all you need to destroy them is light -- at least with regular enemies you're still required to shoot.

Don't say I never did anything for you jokers.

Hint: You should probably quote this and say thank you.

Thank you. Wait, what am I thanking you for?

Oh right, Cargo Commander. Heard it was good, was going to pick it up during a sale at one point, didn't for whatever reason. Will probably give it a play starting tonight or tomorrow. Thanks!

dani_dc

Indie Royale is up.
http://www.indieroyale.com/

Pid for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura
Cargo Commander for: steam (pc and mac)
Back to the Future: The Game for: steam (pc and mac), windows, desura
Dungeon Hearts for: steam (pc, mac and linux)
?
?
?

Very nice bundle, only one I had before the bundle was Pid. I've been extremely curious to try Dungeon Hearts.
Bought.

Hopefully the other titles are also good (preferbly games that I won't have), but even if they aren't, the bundle is already worth it's price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you install it, can you provide impressions on how the PC version runs? Thanks!

I've no desire to actually play the game, and downloading it would probably take forever on my inconsistent connection, but I'm sure somebody else can provide information on how it fares in the optimisation department.

KingKong

Max Payne 3 is a really fun game and probably has the best player movement and physics interaction of any Rockstar game, if anything it's more difficult than the first two but don't listen to anyone who tells you it's a cover shooter, they don't know how to play

ziadoz

Neo Member
Does anyone familiar with the Square Enix store know if you can buy from there without creating an account? I'd hate to create yet another online account, but that Deus Ex deal is pretty tempting.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Edit: We have a complaint of Tomb Raider Underworld not being a valid Steam key as well as Scarygirl -- Buy at your own risk and be sure to check for two keys according to another poster (did not work for these two games).

Re: Square Enix US sale. I stole this from Equid at Reddit, so props to him for sorting through the sale:

The following titles can be activated on Steam:
  • American Mensa Academy - $3.75
  • Conflict: Denied Ops - $2.50
  • Dead Island - $5.00
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition - $7.50
  • Front Mission Evolved - $5.00
  • Gyromancer - $2.50
  • Hitman: Absolution - $7.50
  • Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition - $10.00
  • Just Cause - $2.50
  • Just Cause 2 - $3.75
  • Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - $2.50
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - $3.75
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - $3.25
  • Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - $2.50
  • Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 - $2.50
  • Legacy of Kain: Defiance - $2.50
  • Order of War - $2.50
  • Rogue Trooper - $2.50
  • Scarygirl - $2.50
  • Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders - $1.25
  • Sleeping Dogs - $7.50
  • Supreme Commander 2 - $3.25
  • The Last Remnant - $3.75
  • Thief: The Dark Project (Gold) - $2.50
  • Thief II: The Metal Age - $2.50
  • Thief: Deadly Shadows - $2.50
  • Tomb Raider (2013) - $37.49
  • Tomb Raider: Legend - $2.50
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld - $2.50
  • Yosumin! - $2.50

1-D_FTW

Very nice bundle, only one I had before the bundle was Pid. I've been extremely curious to try Dungeon Hearts.
Bought.

Hopefully the other titles are also good (preferbly games that I won't have), but even if they aren't, the bundle is already worth it's price.

Cargo Commander is fantastic.

Decado

Is there a concise listing of all the Borderslands 2 DLC and which ones are worthwhile? I was excited when I say the GMG bundle...but it looks like it only includes a few of the DLC packs.

Joe Molotov

Is there a concise listing of all the Borderslands 2 DLC and which ones are worthwhile? I was excited when I say the GMG bundle...but it looks like it only includes a few of the DLC packs.

The only ones you need are the story ones that are included in the Season Pass. Everything else is bullshit.

Edit: Oh, and the Mechromancer if you want to play as the Mechromancer, obvs.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
With the Raccoon City DLC, are these gun unlocks that imbalance the game? Like a pay-to-win arsenal? Or are they integrated into the game where you have to pay for/earn them?

garath

Hmm.. I think I'm in for Max Payne 3 and Last Remnant.

I played Last Remnant on PS3 but it was sooooo slow. I heard the PC version is a little faster right?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Max Payne 3 is a really fun game and probably has the best player movement and physics interaction of any Rockstar game, if anything it's more difficult than the first two but don't listen to anyone who tells you it's a cover shooter, they don't know how to play

So true. Cover is for bitches who got no swag.

It definitely played great, I just wish I could replay it without the bombardment of cutscenes. :< Cover was never necessary though, I agree. There are only slow mo air lunges.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
My Underworld key was not a valid steam key (it was in the "AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD" format), I hope Square support will not fail me. Stupid impulse buys that only enlarge my backlog..

Hmm, weird. Says it activates on Steam on the page. Thanks for the warning, I'll put it into the post.

Edit: And Scarygirl? Yikes, buy from the Square sale at your own risk I guess. Sorry. :(

My Underworld key was not a valid steam key (it was in the "AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD" format), I hope Square support will not fail me. Stupid impulse buys that only enlarge my backlog..

I bought scarygirl and it saids "Invalid Product Code", I'm contacting Support right now!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How are Vice City and San Andreas on PC compared to the PS2 versions?
They are great. Get Vice City, it's a joy to play.

Indie Royale is up.
http://www.indieroyale.com/

Pid for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura
Cargo Commander for: steam (pc and mac)
Back to the Future: The Game for: steam (pc and mac), windows, desura
Dungeon Hearts for: steam (pc, mac and linux)
?
?
?
How much? I'm interested in BttF.

sprinkles

To be more clearly: The Tomb Raider Legend key I also bought was in a correct steam format ("AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC"). Just the Underworld key was faulty.

Aaron

Hmm.. I think I'm in for Max Payne 3 and Last Remnant.

I played Last Remnant on PS3 but it was sooooo slow. I heard the PC version is a little faster right?
PC version has a turbo mode which doubles the speed of battles. You can also use only generals, and never have to bother with normal troops.

Try the serial key.

Both Rogue Trooper and Tomb Raider: Legend had two keys. The "serial" one worked, but the "unlock" key did not.

Rogue Trooper had two keys, you're right, and I activated it without any problems, but Scarygirl only has one key, I can't see any other key bro :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom