• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinkles

From the mail:
Product SKU: 250305800
Product Name: TOMB RAIDER: LEGEND [PC DOWNLOAD]
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $2.50
Serial Number/Product Code: AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC

Product SKU: 245522100
Product Name: TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD [PC DOWNLOAD]
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $2.50
Serial Number/Product Code: AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD

Legend worked, Underworld is not a steam compatible format.

spode

Whoa, when did they remove 'The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena' from the store? I already own it on both Steam and GOG, but was thinking about gifting it to a friend :/. Really like that game.

RedSwirl

I'm betting 50% off.

I'm only debating buying Tomb Rider because I don't know if I'll play it before a price drop.

Same here. I mean I could definitely find the time to play it in the next few weeks here, but I don't know if I'm gonna play it again if I can get a new computer later this year.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Max Payne 3 is a really fun game and probably has the best player movement and physics interaction of any Rockstar game, if anything it's more difficult than the first two but don't listen to anyone who tells you it's a cover shooter, they don't know how to play
It's really good, but there are a couple of sections where you are forced to stay behind cover, if you don't want to feel the hot embrace of lead. Some moments were really frustrating though
like that stupid crumbling hotel roof, or the final shootout at the hangar

Once again chrome can't keep up with JaseC's avatar changes.
Q23HMFO.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That's the one I really wanted. Thank you.
If you're planing on playing it, you may be interested in the widescreen mod. EDIT: I see Megasoum already mentioned it a few posts above. I haven't tried it yet, but next time I replay it I will.

"Show me you've got big cojones, and not some very little chiquito ones!". I love that game.

Did you play on a controller? I found the mouse controls for VC to be unplayable due to sensitivity only adjusting one axis and being way sensitive out of the gate.
Nah, always K&M. I found them very comfortable, actually, and aiming with the mouse felt perfectly fine to me.

garath

And Square not letting me buy Last Remnant. Had to create an account and it's not sending me my email validation. Why won't you let me give you money??

Guess I'll wait to see if it comes back. If not I'm going to have to contact technical support. Sigh.

cicero

And Square not letting me buy Last Remnant. Had to create an account and it's not sending me my email validation. Why won't you let me give you money??

Guess I'll wait to see if it comes back. If not I'm going to have to contact technical support. Sigh.
I was thinking about getting that as a gift for someone. Now I will wait to see what happens to you.

AkuMifune

Banned

Yeah, I'm trying to pick up Deus Ex, but they won't send me the email confirmation either. lame.

And that Widescreen fix doesn't work for the Steam version of Vice City, only SA.

Mars: War Logs looks somewhat interesting.

Like "Of Orcs & Men which I probably will never buy or play because I keep forgetting about it" interesting.

nexen

Mars: War Logs looks somewhat interesting.

Like "Of Orcs & Men which I probably will never buy or play because I keep forgetting about it" interesting.

A few regulars here have bought it already. I'm anxiously awaiting feedback.

There are too few sci-fi ARPGs in the world.

cicero

I just wanted to make sure, because I didn't explicitly specify what was in it, and someone had already taken the other of the two.
yeah, I was going for Cargo Commander but was too late and saw someone else thank you for that and just figured whoever else got Pid went the other, ungrateful, route or messaged you privately.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm trying to pick up Deus Ex, but they won't send me the email confirmation either. lame.

And that Widescreen fix doesn't work for the Steam version of Vice City, only SA.
The first one? SWEEEEET game, you couldn't have made a better choice.

But is Black Mesa released on Steam store?
Not yet, but it was Greenlighted eons ago. Way before Cry of F.E.A.R.'s devs were even born.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Can someone quickly explain this CS:GO update to me - does this mean that I HAVE to pay to play on these new maps?

No, it means you have to pay if you want to get a badge and play the maps in constant rotation on official Valve servers. It has zero effect on community servers using the maps.

The money goes to the mapmakers and friends can just join through you without purchasing it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone quickly explain this CS:GO update to me - does this mean that I HAVE to pay to play on these new maps?

I believe it's if you pay the dosh you get to play the maps on official dedicated servers (Under Casual Classic) but you can play them on any community server that chooses to run them for free.

EDIT - As Stallion says :p

Mars War Logs looks very interesting, combat reminds me a lot of Witcher 2. I'm sure it'll be a Euro RPG with a lot of jank, the type I usually end up enjoying the most :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3WeyCra4A

Moobabe

No, it means you have to pay if you want to get a badge and play the maps in constant rotation on official Valve servers. It has zero effect on community servers using the maps.

The money goes to the mapmakers and friends can just join through you without purchasing it.

Ah thanks - I only ever play on community servers anyway.

Ledsen

Edit: We have a complaint of Tomb Raider Underworld not being a valid Steam key as well as Scarygirl -- Buy at your own risk and be sure to check for two keys according to another poster (did not work for these two games).

Re: Square Enix US sale. I stole this from Equid at Reddit, so props to him for sorting through the sale:

The following titles can be activated on Steam:
  • American Mensa Academy - $3.75
  • Conflict: Denied Ops - $2.50
  • Dead Island - $5.00
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition - $7.50
  • Front Mission Evolved - $5.00
  • Gyromancer - $2.50
  • Hitman: Absolution - $7.50
  • Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition - $10.00
  • Just Cause - $2.50
  • Just Cause 2 - $3.75
  • Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - $2.50
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - $3.75
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - $3.25
  • Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - $2.50
  • Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 - $2.50
  • Legacy of Kain: Defiance - $2.50
  • Order of War - $2.50
  • Rogue Trooper - $2.50
  • Scarygirl - $2.50
  • Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders - $1.25
  • Sleeping Dogs - $7.50
  • Supreme Commander 2 - $3.25
  • The Last Remnant - $3.75
  • Thief: The Dark Project (Gold) - $2.50
  • Thief II: The Metal Age - $2.50
  • Thief: Deadly Shadows - $2.50
  • Tomb Raider (2013) - $37.49
  • Tomb Raider: Legend - $2.50
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld - $2.50
  • Yosumin! - $2.50

It's not a US only sale, EU store also has similar prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom