• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

why the hell does amazon not have Monaco keys for sale?

I've still got that 25 dollar gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

also can someone confirm if Blood Dragon on amazon has a steam redeemable key or not?

fleck0

Wryyyyyy!!

Evq5pmQ.jpg

StarDrive looks pretty amazing actually, I read that it had some really poor optimization issues and only uses 1 core or something... Also thought it was still beta from watching TB's recent quick look on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xavZ6lipgrI

Either way I'm really interested in some feed back on it as well as Mars: War Logs.

I'm also thinking about getting this and would like some feedback.

Sounds really cool

xJavonta

Banned
Mars War Logs looks very interesting, combat reminds me a lot of Witcher 2. I'm sure it'll be a Euro RPG with a lot of jank, the type I usually end up enjoying the most :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3WeyCra4A
Someone with deep pockets please buy this and let me know if it's any good lol. I'm intrigued by the trailer but the last time I bought a game in screenshots and trailers alone it was Forge which wasn't good.

And if anyone would be down for some Monaco tonight I'll play at like 10 PM CST. Just send me a friend request: xJavontax also, I have a mic so I'll probably be using that to communicate with you peeps.

Wok

just checked. nope.

I'm pretty close to just buying it.

EDIT: annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd bought.

The solo is good and hard, and I was told the multi is super fun. It is a purchase you won't regret. The game is really enjoyable after about 2 hours, once you understand the game mechanics, how the NPCs react, and how to use the attributes of each character and power-up.

cicero

Has anyone else tried to activate a Game Key on Steam only to have it activate as another game in the window. But then in the library the initial game is there instead? Was trying to activate something else and Cargo Commander was listed as my successful activation, I can only assume because I tried to activate a code from here and failed previously and never shut my activation window before trying another?

Has anyone else tried to activate a Game Key on Steam only to have it activate as another game in the window. But then in the library the initial game is there instead? Was trying to activate something else and Cargo Commander was listed as my successful activation, I can only assume because I tried to activate a code from here and failed previously and never shut my activation window before trying another?

Yeah happened to me a few times before. Caused some major confusion the first time it happened and I still don't know why it happens.

Sini

I once activated Killing Floor key and that window showed that I activated Red Orchestra 2 instead.
But I still got KF in my library.

xJavonta

Banned
You guys should all buy Monaco. Just played a couple of rounds with Salsa and Realityexists and immediately found it better than playing solo.

SRTtoZ

Just picked up Max Payne 3 for 10 bucks, ive been waiting for it since I almost bought it for 30 a few days ago. Niceeee.

Whats the deal with the Max Payne season pass? It mentions that it includes all post-launch content up to the end of 2012.

Going through the DLC list, it seems all it is just a bunch of cosmetic mp skins and maps.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Got this in e-mail, not that great of a selection but I'll post it anyway. The following are the Steam activated titles in the sale only:

[Nuuvem] - 3 for ~$15 deal

• Dead Island
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Dungeonland
  • Dungeon Siege III
  • Just Cause 2
  • Mount & Blade Collection
    • Mount & Blade
    • Mount & Blade: Warband
    • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Starvoid
  • Tropico 4 Gold Edition
    • Tropico 4
    • Tropico 4: Modern Times

Paypal accepted and legit of course.

FloatOn

You guys should all buy Monaco. Just played a couple of rounds with Salsa and Realityexists and immediately found it better than playing solo.

yeah it was good times. literally my first time playing so sorry about those stupid mistakes.

I'm going to play solo some time later to get the hang of things. I had to tell myself to not try and play Monaco like Hotline Miami.

Salsa

yup Monaco in MP is way better, voice chat is kinda required tho, tried to play while typing earlier today and it's impossible

my mumbling english also enhaces the experience, it's like an extra layer of gameplay, trying to figure out what im saying

FloatOn

yup Monaco in MP is way better, voice chat is kinda required tho, tried to play while typing earlier today and it's impossible

my mumbling english also enhaces the experience, it's like an extra layer of gameplay, trying to figure out what im saying

I pretend it's french and it's almost like I'm in the game.

Blizzard

Banned
Virtually any multiplayer game is better with people you know. "Bros" or "sisters" or whatever, in the vernacular you young-type people use.

That said, I think the Steam forums told me that Monaco was super simple and super easy, guards were basically a joke, and it was like a simple easy version of multiplayer pacman.

It sort of is a simple version of multiplayer pacman, but I discovered that my playstyle of constantly run everywhere and ignore certain death does start to become difficult several levels in, when they start putting tons of guards around.

Salsa

Virtually any multiplayer game is better with people you know. "Bros" or "sisters" or whatever, in the vernacular you young-type people use.

That said, the Steam forums told me that Monaco was super simple and super easy, guards were basically a joke, and it was like a simple easy version of multiplayer pacman.

It sort of is a simple version of multiplayer pacman, but I discovered that my playstyle of constantly run everywhere and ignore certain death does start to become difficult several levels in, when they start putting tons of guards around.

the game definetly isnt super simple nor super easy

unless you just dont care about being stealthy and wanna run through the levels alerting everyone and not having fun

FloatOn

That said, the Steam forums told me that Monaco was super simple and super easy, guards were basically a joke, and it was like a simple easy version of multiplayer pacman.

It's just super busy visually. Quite a bit to take in. The timing of lasers is what you have to watch out for the most.

Blizzard

Banned
the game definetly isnt super simple nor super easy

unless you just dont care about being stealthy and wanna run through the levels alerting everyone and not having fun
It depends on your goals and idea of having fun. If you just want to beat the level, sometimes you can just ignore everyone and run through it. If you want to make a personal challenge to yourself by not alerting any guards, you can do that. If you want to try for the world's best time, you could do that. If you want to attempt it without any items, you could do that. If you want to try for the max coin count in each level, you can do that.

It's sort of a sandbox make your own challenge game in that sense. And yes I agree about it being super busy! It can be difficult to hone in on the little disguise icon when there are 15 other icons around an area.

Salsa

It depends on your goals and idea of having fun. If you just want to beat the level, sometimes you can just ignore everyone and run through it. If you want to make a personal challenge to yourself by not alerting any guards, you can do that. If you want to try for the world's best time, you could do that. If you want to attempt it without any items, you could do that. If you want to try for the max coin count in each level, you can do that.

It's sort of a sandbox make your own challenge game in that sense. And yes I agree about it being super busy! It can be difficult to hone in on the little disguise icon when there are 15 other icons around an area.

I think that only gets you so far. Soon enough you'll start getting killed pretty easy if you dont go for stealth

enemies start getting machineguns and such

xJavonta

Banned
yeah it was good times. literally my first time playing so sorry about those stupid mistakes.

I'm going to play solo some time later to get the hang of things. I had to tell myself to not try and play Monaco like Hotline Miami.
You did well lol, I couldn't tell it was your first time playing.

Yup. I couldn't imagine scrambling to type out a message while playing. I'd get caught by a guard.

And initially I thought it WAS the game lol but nah I could understand you even with the mumbling voice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom