• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

esai

is anyone else getting an x-com pre-purchase coming up on steam library?
jKzNg1jHFT4JE.png

edit: I already have the game.

KarmaCow

So has anyone tried Kairo? Just wondering if it actually has some good puzzle focus or is more of an atmosphere "game" like Dear Esther.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
is anyone else getting an x-com pre-purchase coming up on steam library?
jKzNg1jHFT4JE.png

edit: I already have the game.
Maybe its the Mac entry showing up before the game goes live on Steam? Like the multiple Civ entries due to the Mac version.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm debating whether to start a fresh playthrough of Dark Souls and try to understand what I'm doing, taking it slow and carefully, or to play something else. The problem is that I have no idea what that "something else" could be.

Max Payne 3 is worth it on it's own. To me, it was one of those games that did quite click when I was playing it, but I found myself thinking about it after it was done. I couldn't even play Hitman after because I kept comparing it to MP3.

FloatOn

The only thing troublesome about max payne 3 is the wicked difficulty spikes. When they first start throwing molotovs it's pretty brutal.

The only thing troublesome about max payne 3 is the wicked difficulty spikes. When they first start throwing molotovs it's pretty brutal.

I found it fairly hard. In fact, I had put it down for a few days because I was stuck near the beginning. But it was still enjoyable overall.

Also, I ended up buying Tomb Raider for $18 (50% Off, 20% Coupon, and $2 credit) and I have Bioshock Infinite downloading from that AMD promo.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So Max Payne bundle yay nay? Or maybe just the first two for under $4?
You can't go wrong with $2.81 for MP1&2 and $7.49 for MP3, which means you'll get the whole franchise for a little over 10 bucks. That's 3 awesome games for a great price. If you can spare the money, I'd say get them all.

I haven't bought any of the DLC, but since it's multiplayer only I'm not interested (even though I liked what little I played online).

FYC

Banned
Guys, in KOTOR, how long is
the bit from crash landing on the unknown planet to confronting Malak?

Asking because I'm wondering if I have time to finish today

HoosTrax

Indie Royale is up.
http://www.indieroyale.com/

Pid for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura
Cargo Commander for: steam (pc and mac)
Back to the Future: The Game for: steam (pc and mac), windows, desura
Dungeon Hearts for: steam (pc, mac and linux)
?
?
?
Grabbed this bundle this morning, and I just wanted to give props to the developers of Pid for making a very nice-looking 3D side-scrolling platformer that can actually run uncapped at 144fps. Games like this make me wish I had the 3D glasses kit to play around with. For whatever reason, Trine runs like ass no matter what -- I get lower framerates in it with low-ish settings than I do in most FPSs.

Pretty laid-back puzzle platformer so far, with frequent checkpoints.

KingKong

I'm replaying Max Payne 1 and man I forgot how excellent that game is, I was just going to set up my settings but ended up playing the entire first part, it's just that addicting.

I forgot how annoyingly hard the game is sometimes too, it's one thing to get into a firefight but running up the stairs and getting one shot by an enemy is super frustrating. The firefights themselves are pretty easy though, you can just strafe and avoid a lot of damage

ShaneB

So apparently no one bought Dyad. I'm doing terribly and still easily getting into the top of the leaderboards. It's sad :( it's really fun.

It's an extremely bizarre sell. I don't care how great it might be, it's not a quick glance game that makes for an immediate purchase :(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'll give you a hint: at my current job I make absolutely no use of an English degree.

For people here who have played The Darkness II, how do you get downsampling working? In the menu the highest setting is 1920x1080. It isn't recognizing any of my custom resolutions.

Edit: Seems the 320 beta drivers reset those settings, nevermind!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
$15 for a year old PSN port, I am shocked.

Behemoth made the bone-headed decision to release the belated PC port of Castle Crashers at full price, apparently justifying it by including two pieces of 99c $2 DLC for free.

Exuro

Behemoth made the bone-headed decision to release the belated PC port of Castle Crashers at full price, apparently justifying it by including two pieces of 99c DLC for free.
Thankfully the sales brought it down to $3.75 fairly quickly.

Zia

Behemoth made the bone-headed decision to release the belated PC port of Castle Crashers at full price, apparently justifying it by including two pieces of 99c DLC for free.

Yeah, but Dan Paladin sleeps upon pillows of golden goose down. From what I've heard, Dyad did poorly on PS3.

Khronico

Got a steam/tech related question: So Psychonauts. I heard it has trouble with AMD cards. I got it awhile back and had to stop playing it because of MASSIVE slowdown in certain areas. Granted, my laptop sucks too (ATI 4250, 3GB RAM, AMD Phenom II P650 X2 ~2.6ghz) but I can run other games from this era smooth as butter. Tried lowering all settings down to minimum with lowest res and it didn't help at all. I love the game but MAN is it hard to play with framerate that goes from 60 to low teens and back up again constantly.

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't find the promo video for Dyad very didactic.
That's a very cromulent word you've got there.

I just notice on the Steam store, there is a checkbox to toggle DLC so you don't see a million new Train Simulator add-ons. It's probably been there for six months, but hey, awesome feature!

Deques

That's a very cromulent word you've got there.

I just notice on the Steam store, there is a checkbox to toggle DLC so you don't see a million new Train Simulator add-ons. It's probably been there for six months, but hey, awesome feature!

It's been there for six months :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I want Valve to ape Enhanced Steam's green shading that's applied to content you own. ES gets the job done but it's quite inconsistent, sometimes requiring a few refreshes to thoroughly apply itself.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I want Valve to ape Enhanced Steam's green shading that's applied to content you own. ES gets the job done but it's very inconsistent, sometimes requiring a few refreshes to thoroughly apply itself.

And you think Valve's implementation would be consistent? =p

I still can't get Community to work properly half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom