• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Don't bring Hunted into this. Game was totally serviceable :|

I ended up really enjoying Hunted surprisingly. Played it in coop and it was a pretty decent game. Quite a long game too though some of the levels really bloody well felt like it. I'd maybe buy it again dirt cheap on Steam but I certainly had a good time with it as a rental (on the 360)

Pandemic

So far it's been working, definitely saved a lot of time.. Would've had to redownload all the games, which would've gone over the monthly downloads allowance..

Edit: Or not, seems I'm required to download some of the games still..

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So far it's been working, definitely saved a lot of time.. Would've had to redownload all the games, which would've gone over the monthly downloads allowance..

It's not actually downloading most likely. Steam for some bizarre reason shows a game as downloading when it's actually rescanning to make sure all files are present when doing a transfer the way you did.

Sajjaja

Don't. Pause them and verify cache.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I just got to
Shipwreck Beach
in Tomb Raider and damn, this game is fun as hell. It also scratches my collect-a-thon itch, which is always welcome. I guess that officially puts me in the "casual pleb who loves a dumbed down cinematic experience" camp.

I just got to
Shipwreck Beach
in Tomb Raider and damn, this game is fun as hell. It also itches my collect-a-thon scratch, which is always welcome. I guess that officially puts me in the "casual pleb who loves a dumbed down cinematic experience" camp.

Nothing wrong with enjoying those sorts of games whilst better more in depth games are being made....

So yeah, I feel dirty for enjoying it too :(

Alex

I just got to
Shipwreck Beach
in Tomb Raider and damn, this game is fun as hell. It also itches my collect-a-thon scratch, which is always welcome. I guess that officially puts me in the "casual pleb who loves a dumbed down cinematic experience" camp.

I think it just puts you in the "spends too much time in the narrow niches of the internet" camp if you legitimately feel bad for liking a game. You don't need to let people, usually with agendas or just trying to fit into a clique (or just full blown hypocrites), dictate your tastes.

It's an interesting condition I've come to observe as someone with very broad tastes, who will play no-budget, purely mechanical dungeon crawlers and nine figure budget shooters at the same time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Tomb Raider was precisely what I was expecting it to be. I had fun with it and just wish the tombs were more substantial rather than brief puzzle rooms.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Nothing wrong with enjoying those sorts of games whilst better more in depth games are being made....

So yeah, I feel dirty for enjoying it too :(

I think it just puts you in the "spends too much time in the narrow niches of the internet" camp if you legitimately feel bad for liking a game.
Haha yeah, I was trying to be sarcastic with that remark, I should have added a :p at the end of the sentence.

Tomb Raider was precisely what I was expecting it to be. I had fun with it and just wish the tombs were more substantial rather than brief puzzle rooms.
Indeed, I was a tad bummed they turned out to be so short. Would have been cool if they were similar to the optional dungeons in the Assassin's Creed games.

So I finally got around to buying the GTA Complete Pack, but now I'm at a loss as to how to get my PS3 controller working correctly for GTA3 and VC. I tried Xpadder but I can't seem to map the analog sticks at all. Sigh.

I've been wanting to replay for a long time now and now it's killing me :p

Alex

In general most of the side bits were a lil too much of a taste of greatness rather than actual greatness. The whole game was a lot of fun to play and consume and explore around in but if the backtracking was a little more significant, the upgrade system was a little more advanced and if there were more meat in the tombs it would've made a more cohesive product.

Hopefully a sequel can address these things, of course they seem to be disappointed by the meager 3.6 million (I think that's also sans digital) sales they got in 30 days though, so maybe we won't get one!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like buying at least one game before the weekend sales are done.

So... Bully ($7.50) or Brutal Legend ($10)?
Bully is great, you should play it if you haven't already. I haven't played Brütal Legend yet, so I can't tell you how good (or bad) it is.

Bully is great, you should play it if you haven't already. I haven't played Brütal Legend yet, so I can't tell you how good (or bad) it is.

I played both games through and enjoyed both. I think I'd go with Bully. It is a bit dated, it was released on the PS2. The PC version is better looking and has better textures but I think the poly count is probably the same. It is a good GTA in prep school game.

Brutal Legend is entertaining but it has a weird mix open world game combined with Real-Time Strategy battle sequences. But it is fun and the voice-acting from Jack Black and various metal artists is amusing. I could have done without the RTS stuff though . . . it started to become a chore.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Definitely Bully. Amazing game. Only think you might want to watch out for are bugs and glitches. I'm not sure how bad they are on the PC.

SparkTR

The PC version of Bully kind of sucks, it's 30fps locked, has awful blur outside and is unplayable without a 360 controller. The game itself is okay, but I felt it followed the Rockstar open-world 'formula' too closely which left it feeling tired and got repetitive quickly, but that depends on your experience with other Rockstar games.

Brutal Legend would be a much better purchase since they patched that up.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
^Have fun!

To buy Bully or wait 'til Summer Seal and hope for 75%? Seems high but I went ahead and got Manhunt.

Zeno Clash 2 comes out TOMORROW, and no hype or |OT| being made?!

They released an awesome gameplay demo to show most of the new stuff that's in the game.

I don't have time for making an |OT| but I've made loads of gifs for it:
iECoJmvlxWRjl.gif

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Enjoyed the first one well enough so already bought. You should make the OT; FatherMother demands it!!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Zeno Clash 2 comes out TOMORROW, and no hype or |OT| being made?!

They released an awesome gameplay demo to show most of the new stuff that's in the game.

I don't have time for making an |OT| but I've made loads of gifs for it:
iECoJmvlxWRjl.gif

Can't wait for it. With Dead Island Riptide released on Friday (for me, in Europe) and ZC2 out tomorrow, the first person melee fan that I am couldn't be any happier :p Two in the space of a few days, bloody marvellous.

Deques

Gamergate's daily spring deal
  • Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Collection - Steam
  • Tomb Raider: Survival Edition - Steam
  • Explodemon! - DRM Free
  • R.U.S.E.: The Art of Deception (again?) - Steam

Tomb Raider already 50%. Hopefully it get cheaper before this summer :p

I beat Xelios? *Evil grin*

Wok

According to the private newsletter, the second episode of Kentucky Route Zero will be released mid-May.

Act II

Our goal for Act II has been to release it by the end of April (our general development goal is three months per act). All this exciting but unexpected work setting up distribution, going out to IGF, and troubleshooting for a larger number of players than we anticipated took up a lot of our time in the last few months, so we're pushing the release of Act 2 back a few weeks, into mid-May.

It's looking really good though, and we're anxious to have it out in the world. For the next few weeks, until the release, we'll be posting a small/weird screenshot from Act II on our Twitter and Facebook pages every day. So thanks for your patience, and keep an eye out for those!

Dascu

So it seems like the PC version of Ys Seven is being localized for a western release.

[Source]

EDIT: Sorry, just saw that Aeana has created a thread about it.
Yippie!
I'm kinda sorta interested in Kentucky Route Zero. Visually it seems to be right up my alley. Gameplay on the other hand...
Go for it. It has no real gameplay (as in your interactivity does not matters to a sense that it changes something else than dialogue lines), but damn if this isn't one of the prettiest and most interesting thing I've ever played. Reminds me a lot of Swords & Sworcercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom