• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Go for it. It has no real gameplay (as in your interactivity does not matters to a sense that it changes something else than dialogue lines), but damn if this isn't one of the prettiest and most interesting thing I've ever played. Reminds me a lot of Swords & Sworcercy.

Please tell me it doesn't have shitty QTE combat.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yippie!

Go for it. It has no real gameplay (as in your interactivity does not matters to a sense that it changes something else than dialogue lines), but damn if this isn't one of the prettiest and most interesting thing I've ever played. Reminds me a lot of Swords & Sworcercy.
Meh, I got stuck on that game in what I think is the 4th chapter. Is KR0 as confusing as that one?

Nillansan

The PC version of Bully kind of sucks, it's 30fps locked, has awful blur outside and is unplayable without a 360 controller. The game itself is okay, but I felt it followed the Rockstar open-world 'formula' too closely which left it feeling tired and got repetitive quickly, but that depends on your experience with other Rockstar games.

I believe some GAF member found a way to unlock the frame cap. While I agree that the KB + M controls aren't great, I was able to finish the game without a controller, but I will definitely use a controller for my second play through.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Joe Molotov

Tomb Raider was precisely what I was expecting it to be. I had fun with it and just wish the tombs were more substantial rather than brief puzzle rooms.

That was my only problem as well. I liked the puzzle rooms, but I wish they could have strung a few more together.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That was my only problem as well. I liked the puzzle rooms, but I wish they could have strung a few more together.

Yeah or just triple the size of the pre-existing ones and expand each puzzle concept into something a bit more ornate and time consuming. The Ass. Creed tombs always feel gratifying because you are spending a decent amount of time in them.

Yeah or just triple the size of the pre-existing ones and expand each puzzle concept into something a bit more ornate and time consuming. The Ass. Creed tombs always feel gratifying because you are spending a decent amount of time in them.

I read this as a separate sentence and was confused for a moment.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So about my question...

GOG uses advanced techniques to get these games working perfectly on modern setups. Plus, you've cast off the belligerent demon of DRM to the depths of the underworld, to serve along side its master, a laughing snake that cackles and slithers like a nitrous-gassed clown desperately fumbling to put out a fire consuming him whole.

The snake's name is Bobby Kotick, by the way.

Hofmann

Also, I must have paid closer attention than the author because there is in fact another orbit symbol he claims we've only seen once in the game. It's scrawled on the blue pyramid with the lifts in the second world and has one of the moons x'd out.

Thanks, I don't remember it, so I probably missed it as well. Interesting,
looks like it was drawn by the skeleton guy

According to the private newsletter, the second episode of Kentucky Route Zero will be released mid-May:
VkZuURx.png

Act II

Our goal for Act II has been to release it by the end of April (our general development goal is three months per act). All this exciting but unexpected work setting up distribution, going out to IGF, and troubleshooting for a larger number of players than we anticipated took up a lot of our time in the last few months, so we're pushing the release of Act 2 back a few weeks, into mid-May.

It's looking really good though, and we're anxious to have it out in the world. For the next few weeks, until the release, we'll be posting a small/weird screenshot from Act II on our Twitter and Facebook pages every day. So thanks for your patience, and keep an eye out for those!

Waiting for far too long, played it three times. Nice to finally know how long it is between each act.

I'm kinda sorta interested in Kentucky Route Zero. Visually it seems to be right up my alley. Gameplay on the other hand...

tumblr_inline_mhg0fgWSuV1qz4rgp.gif

Tomodachi

They're DRM-free on Steam, too, on the count of them being exactly the same.
So if I get them from Steam they're exactly like the GOG versions? Good to know, so they should run perfectly on modern machines like all games from GOG. I think I'll bite.

Megasoum

Banned
So if I get them from Steam they're exactly like the GOG versions? Good to know, so they should run perfectly on modern machines like all games from GOG. I think I'll bite.

I think you can even see a gog.com link at the bottom of one of the launchers lol... (Might be on one of the old Tomb Raider tho...anyway...one of those games).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Omg Valve is pirates

Considering Valve has students/modders make its games rather than coming up with an original idea internally, it's only natural that we're seeing the transition to stealing games outright from competing services.

Binabik15

I just bought Hitman Absolution from Green Man Gaming and wanted to activate the code, but Steam says I already have the game. It's in my library, too. When did that happen. I think I have a buying stuff on sale problem.

Anybody want a Hitman key in exchange for some other cheap game? Maybe Bully or Shank 1 or Mark of the Ninja or some other good cheap you have left from when it was 50 or 75% off.

Someone stop me from buying bully again. I've previously played it on ps2 and xbox360 and enjoyed it greatly but do I really need it on steam? Also it's not at it's cheapest price but it also hasn't been that price for more than a year. I sort of really want to get it :(

Nabs

I just bought Hitman Absolution from Green Man Gaming and wanted to activate the code, but Steam says I already have the game. It's in my library, too. When did that happen. I think I have a buying stuff on sale problem.

Anybody want a Hitman key in exchange for some other cheap game? Maybe Bully or Shank 1 or Mark of the Ninja or some other good cheap you have left from when it was 50 or 75% off.

hahah

sulc84

Banned

some another game ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom