• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf323

Guys, someone please kill me now. I'm so used to buying Steam games in quantity that I'm doing the same on 3DS. And the worst part is that THEY AREN'T ON SALE.

Anyway, 2 days until Fez.

I refuse to buy off eShop until Nintendo has a proper account system

I do however buy a lot of stuff off PSN and I blame Steam for being a gateway drug into digital distribution :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I refuse to buy off eShop until Nintendo has a proper account system

I do however buy a lot of stuff off PSN and I blame Steam for being a gateway drug into digital distribution :p
The worst part is that Steam trains us into buying any shit we can get our hands on. I thought it wouldn't be that bad, with Nintendo games (almost) never going on sale, but it is. I spend around $30 bucks on 3DSWare games today, and tomorrow I'm getting another one. And when I get my next paycheck (got a promotion and a raise, yay!) I'll probably buy even more shit.

This is like a drug, but without any of the cool effects of LSD or MDMA. The only effect is slowly becoming poor, while our backlog gets richer and richer.

Looks like Kohan anthology has a big sale. I loved Kohan II back in the day. Anyone know how well it's held up? Playable in 1920x1080 full screen?

Also, has anyone tried Demigod? I had that on my wish list at one point and now I see it's in the Stardock sale on one of the sites.

Salsa

You can bet I'll be buying plenty of stuff on the eShop when I get my 3DS and cry like a baby if it ever gets broken/stolen

I'll absolutely hate it, but this is what a new retail 3DS game costs here:

iTvyzDDci2QKG.PNG

guess i'll just complaint as hard as I can to customer service about them doing something if anything happens, as futile as that might be

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You can bet I'll be buying plenty of stuff on the eShop when I get my 3DS and cry like a baby if it ever gets broken/stolen

iTvyzDDci2QKG.PNG

guess i'll just complaint as hard as I can to customer service about them doing something if anything happens, as futile as that might be
See? This is why I buy DD games too. Latin America has an absurdly high price on games.

And we don't earn our salaries in dollars, which in turn makes those prices even more outrageous.

iTvyzDDci2QKG.PNG

When I used to live in Buenos Aires (a decade ago) I used to have to wait for my dad to go the US to pickup games. Not only were games in Argentina overpriced for the PS2, but the bigger problem was that the Xbox and Xbox games were not available in Argentina at all. Had to wait a couple of months for new games. Absolute torture.

Salsa

When I used to live in Buenos Aires (a decade ago) I used to have to wait for my dad to go the US to pickup games. Not only were games in Argentina overpriced for the PS2, but the bigger problem was that the Xbox and Xbox games were not available in Argentina at all. Had to wait a couple of months for new games. Absolute torture.

I imported DS games, was a pain in the butt. eShop might be terrible for how it's tied to the system but it still beats importing. If they werent doing the eShop thing I wouldnt get the console at all, that's why I didnt until now really

Nope:

pokeknight2qeulq.jpg

I'd like to say, "Perhaps it'll be patched in", but Telltale isn't in the business of fixing its games.

That made me laugh.

I'm sure they will get onto it right after fixing the dinput8.dll issue that stops their games from actually running.

Or maybe if it wins goty they'll fix it. Or not.

jediyoshi

That made me laugh.

I'm sure they will get onto it right after fixing the dinput8.dll issue that stops their games from actually running.

Or maybe if it wins goty they'll fix it. Or not.

The fact that they pushed out that 90mb patch which was mostly just a giant bucket of redistributables which didn't end up actually solving that issue was actively depressing. As a society we deserve better poker games.

I played through two games over the past two nights:

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers was a really good time. It has a really killer soundtrack too. Fun mechanics. I got turned around a few times, and probably didn't solve things the right way near the end, but I still had fun. Cuttin' stuff.

Deadlight was less fun. It starts out alright, but then just devolves into super precise twitch based gameplay with poor checkpoints. Adopting the Another World/Classic Prince of Persia animation priority works for this kind of game, but when force to go into fast action platforming mode it kind of falls apart. It also has an identical story to I Am Alive, with a few variables changed. I would have liked it more if it didn't lean into the action-y stuff in the back half.

But seriously, Tiny and Big has a really cool soundtrack: http://www.tinyandbig.com/soundtrack/

I would have finished T&B by now, if the save had not been mysteriously reset and uploaded to Steam Cloud.

I am not the only one (here and there), yet the devs have not done anything about this bug.

Oh man, that's the worst. I played it through in one 2.5 hour sitting, but I could see myself abandoning it too if something like that happened. Sucks that they haven't done anything about it either.

zkylon

zkylewd
salsa please hype me about dishonored so I can start it again

I feel like we've been over this before but I'm bored, I need something to play

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Since I peeked at a La Mulana FAQ anf the amount of crazy things that can/have to be done to play that game properly, I decided to leave it behind for a while and decided to play the equally dumb Dead Rising 2.

After re-playing Dead Rising 1 a couple years ago and finally learning how to play that game, Dead Rising 2 is being somewhat easier. I plan on finishing the main story on the first go (I already restarted 3 times, but now I'm on Case 3, no coming back anymore!) and I'll replay/go for the completionist run on Off The Record. Specially since that has the proper Sandbox mode.

So far, nobody died. Not even
Snowflake
. I'm following some wikis though, I'm not that crazy.

I really love me some dead rising...

So I finally got around to buying the GTA Complete Pack, but now I'm at a loss as to how to get my PS3 controller working correctly for GTA3 and VC. I tried Xpadder but I can't seem to map the analog sticks at all. Sigh.

I've been wanting to replay for a long time now and now it's killing me :p

Bumping my post because I'm sure somebody has gotten it to work. Or am I literally stuck with mouse and keyboard for GTA3 and VC?

Bumping my post because I'm sure somebody has gotten it to work. Or am I literally stuck with mouse and keyboard for GTA3 and VC?

For a PS3 controller, I always use motioninjoy (yes I know, evil etc, but their offline version works for me) to emulate a 360 controller first.

Then you should be good to go with xpadder or anything else.

MNC

How much is a zeno clash 2 pack in dollars?

Also, does anyone want to host one with me :3

For a PS3 controller, I always use motioninjoy (yes I know, evil etc, but their offline version works for me) to emulate a 360 controller.

Then you should be good to go with xpadder or anything else.

Why is motioninjoy considered evil? It works pretty good and it's just about the only ps3 controller software

Why is motioninjoy considered evil? It works pretty good and it's just about the only ps3 controller software

Popup ads and being notorious for screwing up your PC a bit in terms of compatability with the official xbox drivers.

But yes, all things considered it works a treat and I use it for all my PC controller gaming.

Ledsen

In my quest for backlog i installed ARES, played it for 2 hours, finished it, deinstalled it. Its a pretty weird thing to finish a game in one setting for me. And my god ARES is a forgettable boring game.

Yeah that's a good way to describe it. If you want game in the same vein, but FUCK-N AWESOME instead of boring, get Bleed (there are purchasing links on the Greenlight page, and I think you'll get a Steam key if/when it get Greenlit, you can ask the dev in the Greenlight thread).

FloatOn

So I was looking through the early access games and I stumbled on this one called Blade Symphony. The designs reminded me of Warframe a bit and so I looked into it further and it seems to be like a dark souls or bushido blade kind of pvp game. This guy on youtube has a pretty decent preview of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KVOqbZ7aEE

and here is the store page:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/225600/

I'm considering a purchase since I haven't shown any support to these early access games yet.

Watevaman

I'm hoping this is ok to talk about here since it's a legit site and pertains to a game redeemable on Steam, but has anyone ever ordered from the Russian version of yuplay? They currently have Metro: Last Light for I guess the equivalent of $20 and it's a Steam key. The questions I have are really would they accept payment from a US card and would the game have English language options?

Deques

I'm hoping this is ok to talk about here since it's a legit site and pertains to a game redeemable on Steam, but has anyone ever ordered from the Russian version of yuplay? They currently have Metro: Last Light for I guess the equivalent of $20 and it's a Steam key. The questions I have are really would they accept payment from a US card and would the game have English language options?

If you want a Russian version then I guess it's an ok deal
http://steamdb.info/search/?q=metro+last+light&type=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom